Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK then - so "Be of Good Cheer, Sony. Ricoh has a Plan, and you will be Happy!" applies.

For which I have been hammered for a year and almost a half.

10-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This sort of reminds me of back in high school when I landed a date for the prom with one of the most beautiful and popular girls in school. She had all the right specs, like the K-3, and I was certainly thrilled to give her a twirl, you can bet! Looking back, I don't recall having the slightest concern as to what brand of panties she might wear?
It's more like checking her family tree to see what kind of behavior or health problems you can expect in the future.
10-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #78
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I don't really care, just trying to provide guidance in this possibly reputation-damaging situation.
It might appear to some that you're just bashing the forum and Adam.
10-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
OK then - so "Be of Good Cheer, Sony. Ricoh has a Plan, and you will be Happy!" applies.

For which I have been hammered for a year and almost a half.
Absolutely. I like what they have done so far. There wasn't much in the Hoya goodies box, they made the best of it (K5IIs) to tide them over until they could put together some new stuff. I suspect we will see another announcement of something in two to three weeks, maybe a lens, maybe another body update. And another one three to four weeks after. The 360 degree camera was a disappointment only because of a big hole not being filled. When the holes are filled, those things will be one more interesting thing that they are doing.

Something that impresses me about the K-3 is the wisdom of not pushing something out before it is ready. The 24 mp needs serious processing capability, so they waited until one was ready. I suspect that there will be a couple feature implementing firmware upgrades to that body. Same with the FF. Better to release something compelling for that specific market segment when it is ready than some half baked expensive disappointment.

So far in the market segments that they are addressing, Ricoh has very compelling products that offer impressive value. Yes, for $3200 we can all have the FF body that we all dream about. But for $600 the K-500 is very very nice. When it is ready those who want to spend $3200 will have something they really want with a Pentax tag on it.

10-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #80
Banned

I've seen more sources posting that it's a Sony sensor, plus some with inside lines.
10-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #81
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I thought the same But apparently "confirmed" means "I read it on a site".
It was just a supposition after all, and a false one. And we found out we would have to question any information coming from this site.
I hope Adam is right, to be honest, as there's always something implied that this site has an inside line with the manufacturers (in addition to the big resellers who get products ahead of time) when info comes out.
10-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #82
Pentaxian

But he isn't.
I would also like to have reliable information coming from this site.

10-10-2013, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #83
Pentaxian

But he isn't.

So tell us please what reliable source you have to tell us Adam is wrong. Otherwise you are just being insulting.
10-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #84
Banned

But he isn't.
Agreed. I'm speculating that, like other sites, the "inside track" is composed of the resellers that this site refers to. They get the products in hand well in advance, which is fine, and then they are given a date to allow for release if they do have them via a priority due to their volumes.

This is very far from an "inside track" with the manufacturer.

I'd like to see more stringency being applied to such dissemination of information. I can already see the posts where people are complaining and citing Adam throughout the internet, not only on DPR, as it has added lots of confusion and it seems the Toshiba sensor is not the one that's liked very much in its presentation in the D7100, nor is an old Sony 24 from 2011.
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #85
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
As it appears to me from other member's archived versions, your original wording has been very clear that it is a confirmed fact.

Silent editing w/o apology doesn't make it any better, Adam. I don't really care, just trying to provide guidance in this possibly reputation-damaging situation.

Note:
The accepted way by bloggers is to add an updated note (and date) at the end of articles if they ever change the original version.
Yes, I wrote "it's been confirmed" originally on the forum. However, I didn't mean that I confirmed it, just that I thought others on DPR had. Should have made that clearer.

The homepage post never made any claims, though, so I wouldn't start being worried unless it did

Anyway, time to put this all behind us as we'll soon know the true answer!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-10-2013, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #86
Pentaxian

D1N0:
Insulting Adam just for trusting pseudo-information posted on various sites, nope, I'm not doing that. And the sensor not being the D7100/D5200's Toshiba won't make him a lesser man, don't you think?

There's the saying: "trust, but do verify"; certain replies I've received when asking if it's a confirmed information or a supposition will change the bias just a little bit towards "verify", that's all. For example, by asking if it's a confirmed information or a supposition

Last edited by Kunzite; 10-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.
10-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #87
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, I wrote "it's been confirmed" originally on the forum. However, I didn't mean that I confirmed it, just that I thought others on DPR had. Should have made that clearer.

The homepage post never made any claims, though, so I wouldn't start being worried unless it did

Anyway, time to put this all behind us as we'll soon know the true answer!
The problem is all over the web, you are being cited as the source. For instance, here's DPR:

K3 sensor toshiba...: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I saw the claim and I am fully understanding of why pretty much every Pentax discussion on the web about the sensor would cite your words (which have been screencapped, too).

This post is rather softballing compared to the original that sparked this and perhaps admitting to a mistake or misspeaking might really put this to rest.
10-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #88
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
'd like to see more stringency being applied to such dissemination of information.
Then people would complain about not enough information.
As you may have noticed, we have a few members whose only apparent reason for posting is to whine, complain, or cause disharmony.
10-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #89
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
The problem is all over the web, you are being cited as the source. For instance, here's DPR:

K3 sensor toshiba...: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I saw the claim and I am fully understanding of why pretty much every Pentax discussion on the web about the sensor would cite your words (which have been screencapped, too).

This post is rather softballing compared to the original that sparked this and perhaps admitting to a mistake or misspeaking might really put this to rest.
Well, I take it as a compliment that people think I'm a Pentax god or something like that. Yes I receive a lot of information, but I wouldn't recommend making any assumptions based on what people (myself included) write on forums. Bring the details out in an editorial fashion and it's a different story

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It might appear to some that you're just bashing the forum and Adam.
Some=you.

As for Adam, I admire his work and would never bash him. You have a strange perception