Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the K3 ends up truly being better than the K5/K5 IIs than I really don't care if it's a sony chip, LG, McDonalds Chip. As long as it works and produces high quality images I'm happy.

10-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Bring the details out in an editorial fashion and it's a different story
But your article on the PF portal was editorial ...
10-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #93
Pentaxian

snake: You know what's funny... I first read that the K-3 sensor is "possibly the same one as in the Nikon D7100" on DPReview's preview.
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
If the K3 ends up truly being better than the K5/K5 IIs than I really don't care if it's a sony chip, LG, McDonalds Chip. As long as it works and produces high quality images I'm happy.
Maybe not at MacDonald's chip. My standards aren't high, but I stick with them.

10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #95
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
But your article on the PF portal was editorial ...
QuoteQuote:
The sensor in the K-3 is likely to be the same Toshiba chip found in the Nikon D7100 and D5200, as all three sensors have a total resolution of 24.71 megapixels.
Words were chosen carefully in this statement. This does not claim to be anything beyond a supposition.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #96
Banned

Well, I take it as a compliment that people think I'm a Pentax god or something like that. Yes I receive a lot of information, but I wouldn't recommend making any assumptions based on what people (myself included) write on forums. Bring the details out in an editorial fashion and it's a different story
You did write it in a confirmatory, editorial manner.
10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #97
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Then people would complain about not enough information.
As you may have noticed, we have a few members whose only apparent reason for posting is to whine, complain, or cause disharmony.
I hadn't noticed that. Must be too many in my ignore list
10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #98
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The sensor in the K-3 is likely to be the same Toshiba chip found in the Nikon D7100 and D5200, as all three sensors have a total resolution of 24.71 megapixels.
QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Exactly what part of "is likely to be" is confirmatory?

10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #99
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you can point me to where on the homepage this was stated, I will take a look at be sure not to make such a slip in the future.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #100
Banned

If you can point me to where on the homepage this was stated, I will take a look at be sure not to make such a slip in the future.
Do you have an inside track to Ricoh-Pentax?
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #101
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Do you have an inside track to Ricoh-Pentax?
I can't comment on that, but I am in contact with their representatives in Japan. That's where the sensor specs will be confirmed.

Adam

10-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #102
Banned

I can't comment on that, but I am in contact with their representatives in Japan. That's where the sensor specs will be confirmed.
Thanks for clearing that up.
10-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Dpreview wrote
QuoteOriginally posted by dpreview:
"A camera the K-3 will almost certainly be compared to is the Nikon D7100, both of which most likely share the same CMOS sensor"
Pointing to Toshiba. These guys have seen a lot of camera's so most likely they made an educated guess as to what sensor it is most likely to be. If it is, Pentax hopefully eliminated the banding problem. If it is not they are going to need a hell of lot of NR or they are testing the new sensor for the Sony A78 NEX-7n with their flagship dslr.
10-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #104
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Dpreview wrote Pointing to Toshiba. These guys have seen a lot of camera's so most likely they made an educated guess as to what sensor it is most likely to be. If it is, Pentax hopefully eliminated the banding problem. If it is not they are going to need a hell of lot of NR or they are testing the new sensor for the Sony A78 NEX-7n with their flagship dslr.
I think they edited this comment as well. I believe this is what got me to say "it's been confirmed" in this thread. Now it looks like they're saying exactly what our homepage said.

Adam

10-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #105
Banned

I think they edited this comment as well. I believe this is what got me to say "it's been confirmed" in this thread. Now it looks like they're saying exactly what our homepage said.
Now it's a bit clearer; you used another, competing third party (it's been pointed out that you've been banned from DPR) as a source to relay a "confirmation", despite having a direct line to Ricoh in Japan?