Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #136
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
omg this thread is self destructing, terminate terminate terminate!
Where's the fun in that?

10-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #137
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
omg this thread is self destructing, terminate terminate terminate!
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Per specs on Ricoh Imaging website, sensor has 23.35 effective MP. Sensor in D7100 has 24.71.

That might indicate something new!
10-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #139
Veteran Member

I bet these guys could figure it out: http://www.chipworks.com/

10-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #140
Veteran Member

This site says it's a Sony sensor: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/dslrs/129446/1/pentax-k-3-hands-on-review

Don't shoot the messenger.
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #141
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
They said that it is 'presumably the same sensor as that used in a number of other popular cameras, including the Sony NEX-7 and Alpha 77'

That is what trustworthy DPR Pentax source 'asahi man' wrote today, answering my question:

sony sensor is direct from pentax,a very nice sensor,nearby

In the past few days he mentioned a few times that k-3 is equipped with brand new Sony sensor.
Let's wait how Adam's inquiry ends up.
10-10-2013, 07:41 PM - 2 Likes   #142
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This thread has been pretty harsh. We're all Pentaxians and we're all in this together. It's always easier to throw stones than catch them. Adam has been doing a wonderful job in promoting Pentax, the K-3, and all of us as fans of the brand. Before we take on a critical tone let's thank the wheels that keeps us going on the forum here!

That said, let's also recognize that for as resourceful as Adam is he is not an official news source, an authorized voice of Pentax, or professionally employed by Pentax (as far as I can see - maybe I'm wrong). I think Pentax recognizes him as a leader because of this forum and grants him *some* special access on occasion. He is probably bound by a confidentiality agreement too. Therefore, set your expectations.

I don't think anyone here lost any blood, money, or sweat over which sensor Pentax is using. So, let's see what it turns out to be. Whatever it is we can't change it.

10-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #143
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
no wonder there is so much misinformation on the web
That ain't misinformation! That's "Web truth" with a small "t"!

Steve
10-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #144
Veteran Member

My personal opinion , I believe Adam is pushing Nikon FF now. That my perception in the post he answered and it's not wrong if it's the case
10-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
This thread has been pretty harsh. We're all Pentaxians and we're all in this together. It's always easier to throw stones than catch them. Adam has been doing a wonderful job in promoting Pentax, the K-3, and all of us as fans of the brand. Before we take on a critical tone let's thank the wheels that keeps us going on the forum here!

That said, let's also recognize that for as resourceful as Adam is he is not an official news source, an authorized voice of Pentax, or professionally employed by Pentax (as far as I can see - maybe I'm wrong). I think Pentax recognizes him as a leader because of this forum and grants him *some* special access on occasion. He is probably bound by a confidentiality agreement too. Therefore, set your expectations.

I don't think anyone here lost any blood, money, or sweat over which sensor Pentax is using. So, let's see what it turns out to be. Whatever it is we can't change it.
I kind of defend him today on DPR: Re: The other forum heats up: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
10-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #146
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
Although I am happy to offer a "defense", I was really trying to say that this thread is begging for someone to say, "Relax!!" It's just a forum about a camera that we all enjoy using. This isn't like the AP or Washington Post.

God bless Adam for pushing Nikon. Let him push, pull, twist, and fold whatever he likes as far as I'm concerned. Just do no harm... like, real harm.
10-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #147
Forum Member

Agreed.
10-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #148
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
Good job.

We're all Pentaxians and we're all in this together.
This is kind of weird. This is a camera brand. A product. A toy for some, a tool for others. This is not a guild, club, cult, or otherwise, though it appears to be the latter at times. What are we "in" together?

The joys of consumerism, I guess.
10-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #149
Veteran Member

Adam making a mistake! I can't believe it, and I gave him $20 just two days ago... I want a refund NOW!
10-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Adam making a mistake!
It's almost as if he's human, isn't it? Humans do tend to make mistakes. Everybody should relax. I seriously dislike the phrase: "You should go out and take more pictures!" Less is more. Instead I say: Everybody should produce just one really very excellently good picture of which they can be really very excellently proud this comming weekend.