Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
07-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #9376
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Based on the photo of the Jefferson Barracks Bridge through your 100% viewfinder you once posted, I wouldn't doubt it.
Oh yes! I have crossed that bridge many times. The Westward crossing has always been more pleasurable than the Eastward.

Bring Monstro - and the Pentax
Monstro and I are parting ways tomorrow. I detailed the circumstances here: Racer Announces A Major Change

And some more detail here: Racer Becomes A Winger In The World's Largest Building

But the second, the camera(s), well I am rarely without my Pentax camera gear. Almost like my right hand.

07-14-2014, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #9377

Rain. Rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain.

Wondering if anyone has ever calculated, how many raindrops there are in an average shower of say 5 minutes?
07-14-2014, 03:14 AM   #9378
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
Wondering if anyone has ever calculated, how many raindrops there are in an average shower of say 5 minutes?
That depends on the shower head!

But the answer is yes: Question: How many raindrops in a thunderstorm?

Be careful, though. Rain is actually not a reason for not buying a K-3!

Sunshine is, though, and that's something we have had quite a lot of up here this summer. And that's why I won't buy a(nother) K-3.
07-14-2014, 05:22 AM   #9379
Pentaxian

OK, OK ... so I wasn't close (predicted 3-1), but the Leica/Leitz beer stein prevailed ... despite its horrid defense which gave the A7r's (Argentina) one of their best scoring opportunities ... WTFootball kind of header was that ?! Also, Messi decided to show up and play a bit harder, so that tipped the balance a bit ...

Still, "a win is a win" and a four(th) star performance by the Germans.

07-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #9380
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Oi, @normhead - 'nother one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/267522-photokina-post2877368.html

Do you really think the average Pentax user is older than you?
07-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #9381
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
Rain. Rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain.

So.

Is it raining in your "neck o' the woods"?
07-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #9382
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Be careful, though. Rain is actually not a reason for not buying a K-3!
It is definitely a reason to not buy a K-3! Haven't you read the multitude of forum posts where an errant sneeze has caused a smoking meltdown? Just owning a K-3 is an invitation to any passing raindrop to penetrate its incredibly substandard seals. I know, I know...heie (PF user) has incredible photo documentation of the K-3 showering with various celebrities with no ill effect, but heie is known to be an agent of the government and is in league with the hociR and is not to be trusted.

Steve

(...not sure what was in my coffee this morning, but I sure do feel strange...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-14-2014 at 09:56 AM.
07-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #9383
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, whatever it is, can I have some? Your world sounds more entertaining than mine
07-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #9384
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve

We're reading here in St. Louis, USA that there's a substance which is in short supply and high demand in Vancouver, USA - a substance that one here in Flyoverland shall not have in his coffee.

Maybe it makes a Strange Brew. Especially if you have a little Cream with your coffee.

Please take care. You don't want to wake up in some coffeehouse next to a K-3.
07-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #9385
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

We're reading here in St. Louis, USA that there's a substance which is in short supply and high demand in Vancouver, USA
Yep, the local shops are sold out until the weekend. The vendors blame the hociR.

Steve
07-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #9386

---------- Post added 07-15-14 at 02:33 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
WOW!
The sticker on the back of a camera body does not make it any less a camera??
Its just a sticker FFS!!
As for being turned down for weddings because you use Pentax...what tosh!
Clients couldn't care less, just as long as the images are of high quality (which they are on the K3,...and the K5)....if you go down that lane, might as well go to Nikon/Canon

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-6...#ixzz37Uqzn5Uz
07-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #9387
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Maybe it makes a Strange Brew. Especially if you have a little Cream with your coffee.
Best that's ever been.
07-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #9388
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dunc's Quote
---------- Post added 07-15-14 at 02:33 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
WOW!
The sticker on the back of a camera body does not make it any less a camera??
Its just a sticker FFS!!
As for being turned down for weddings because you use Pentax...what tosh!
Clients couldn't care less, just as long as the images are of high quality (which they are on the K3,...and the K5)....if you go down that lane, might as well go to Nikon/Canon
Ah. Another one who read only the first post.
See here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-624.html#post2875781

07-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #9389

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote

Only just got here, so yeah...I read the first post first...it confused me on why anyone would not buy the K3, so answered...lol
I will now carry on reading and answer/comment on other posts as well....

Last edited by Dunc's; 07-14-2014 at 06:51 PM.
07-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #9390
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes, Dunc.
Do your penance - read every post.
Jim the mod will do a test and you must pass! or there will be consequences!!