QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Which reminds me of one of my few memories from high school
Why so few memories from high school huh huh huh. :P

03-15-2015, 06:41 AM   #15482
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Why so few memories from high school huh huh huh. :P
I actually have lots, but most of them don't make me laugh as much as that does, well wait, lots of others are pretty funny too.. buy me a couple beers, you can hear them all. Putting two hoses together on the bunsen burners to set off the alarm and sprinkler system, after the teacher had been called to the office, the frog fight, that ended with a teacher wiping out on a half dissected frog we couldn't find, the day of our cadets parade, when two reprobates stole a tank and tore up the pavement in front of the school, and I'm just getting started.

Let's just let this topic go before I really get fired up and start providing details.
03-15-2015, 06:55 AM   #15483
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It was 50 years ago that I graduated HS, and I have damn few memories from back then.
Well I do remember lunch period when we would put a dab of butter on the end of our straw papers and shoot them up to the ceiling.
On a good day it looked like stalactites.
03-15-2015, 07:36 AM   #15484
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Nice, taste like chicken.
Skeptical... I haven't tried alligator, but I have had crocodile chops - and they taste nothing like chicken. In fact, I can't really remember to have tasted anything that tastes like chicken. Except chicken, that is.

03-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #15485
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
In fact, I can't really remember to have tasted anything that tastes like chicken. Except chicken, that is.
Agreed! We were told octopus tasted just like chicken; not! Battered & deep fried it was absolutely delicious; but it had a taste of it's own, not even close to chicken, as far as I was concerned.
03-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #15486
Veteran Member

Skeptical... I haven't tried alligator, but I have had crocodile chops - and they taste nothing like chicken. In fact, I can't really remember to have tasted anything that tastes like chicken. Except chicken, that is.
I've had crocodile in Queensland and I must say that it does indeed taste rather similar to chicken.
03-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #15487
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have not had alligator, but I have had rattlesnake. It was decent.

03-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #15488
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Agreed! We were told octopus tasted just like chicken; not! Battered & deep fried it was absolutely delicious; but it had a taste of it's own, not even close to chicken, as far as I was concerned.
Heh, I'm sure battered and deep fried chicken will taste just like octopus

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I've had crocodile in Queensland and I must say that it does indeed taste rather similar to chicken.
In that case the conclusion drawn must be that Australian crocs taste nothing like South Africa crocs. I would say it reminded me more of pork than chicken, but most of all it tasted like crocodile.

Or rather, people are a bit unimaginative - of the 6 basic tastes they use just one for describing the taste of unfamiliar foods. Not sweet, not sour, not salt, not bitter, nor umami, but, yes you guessed it, chicken.
03-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #15489
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I do all the cooking here...and once in a while I cheat! This is (excepting the veggies) a $1 frozen dinner. Not half bad either. The meat was supposed to be a "Chicken Fried Steak"...but inside it was all Mystery Meat! Still, it wasn't half bad. The label of ingredients was too long to read at one sitting, but I did notice that it listed "Recycled parts of unknown origin"....reckon what that means?

I put a baked potato with it and a raspberry smoothie and called it a meal!

Regards!
03-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #15490
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I did notice that it listed "Recycled parts of unknown origin"....reckon what that means?

Regards!
Well, just like acetaminophen is generic and Tylenol is a brand name, I think that's the generic of Velveeta.
03-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #15491
Veteran Member

Heh, I'm sure battered and deep fried chicken will taste just like octopus In that case the conclusion drawn must be that Australian crocs taste nothing like South Africa crocs. I would say it reminded me more of pork than chicken, but most of all it tasted like crocodile. Or rather, people are a bit unimaginative - of the 6 basic tastes they use just one for describing the taste of unfamiliar foods. Not sweet, not sour, not salt, not bitter, nor umami, but, yes you guessed it, chicken.
I haven't had croc but I have had gator and frogs leg's which pretty much tasted the same to me. They did have the texture and a bit of the taste of a bird but it was a bit fishy, not exactly like chicken. It kind of makes sense though when you think about it that they might taste a bit like a bird. I mean most lizards, amphibians and that, they're descended from the dinosaurs. Genetically speaking most dinos were related to what are now birds. Some dinos they even had feathers like they're saying now. So a chicken and a croc they're not so different really, kissing cousins as it were...
03-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #15492
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I haven't had croc but I have had gator and frogs leg's which pretty much tasted the same to me. They did have the texture and a bit of the taste of a bird but it was a bit fishy, not exactly like chicken.
That was my impression of gator and frog's legs, as well.
03-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #15493
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Nice, taste like chicken.
I wonder whether crocodiles think the same thing about us?
03-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #15494
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I haven't had croc but I have had gator and frogs leg's which pretty much tasted the same to me. They did have the texture and a bit of the taste of a bird but it was a bit fishy, not exactly like chicken. It kind of makes sense though when you think about it that they might taste a bit like a bird. I mean most lizards, amphibians and that, they're descended from the dinosaurs. Genetically speaking most dinos were related to what are now birds. Some dinos they even had feathers like they're saying now. So a chicken and a croc they're not so different really, kissing cousins as it were...
I've eaten many rattlesnakes and that's the way they strike me; texture of chicken, flavor variations dependent on what they were feeding on, but always some underlying fish taste.
03-15-2015, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #15495
Veteran Member

Funny thing about chicken livers...they are delicious, but taste nothing like chicken!

Regards!