Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2015, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #16441
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sometimes I have to wonder.

Do people actually eat those things, or are they simply created just to "one up" the other guy?
Wouldn't you?!



04-12-2015, 12:07 PM - 2 Likes   #16442
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
Today was Poitiers' annual swap meet ... no real super killer deals, but some nice snags all the same. Savoche is going to be happy, I think ... (teaser).

Maybe some images later to make y'all jealous.

Spent a lil' bit of "mad money" today, so that's "why I won't but a K-3 tm" ... broke now
04-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #16443
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Today was Poitiers' annual swap meet ... no real super killer deals, but some nice snags all the same. Savoche is going to be happy, I think ... (teaser).

Maybe some images later to make y'all jealous.

Spent a lil' bit of "mad money" today, so that's "why I won't but a K-3 tm" ... broke now
Uh oh. I'd better start warming up that credit card
04-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #16444
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Uh oh. I'd better start warming up that credit card
Nope. Not at all ...

How about a Rollei "Hediosmat 85/2.8 - Lens made in Singapore" for 4.50€ ... or a "Zeiss Ikon Talon 85/2.8" for the same amount ?!

My cost ... my friend. J

04-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #16445
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Nope. Not at all ...

How about a Rollei "Hediosmat 85/2.8 - Lens made in Singapore" for 4.50€ ... or a "Zeiss Ikon Talon 85/2.8" for the same amount ?!

My cost ... my friend. J

Oooh, that Ikon seems to be capable of some dizzyingly swirly swirliness... Bring It on, mon ami!

Get your butt to Caen a month from now and I'll buy you the beer I owe you
04-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #16446
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsø, Norway
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Wouldn't you?!

Um, no. But that's just me.
04-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #16447
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Oooh, that Ikon seems to be capable of some dizzyingly swirly swirliness... Bring It on, mon ami!

Get your butt to Caen a month from now and I'll buy you the beer I owe you
It's yours ... I bought it with you in mind.

Anyone else one else want to join the "madness", look here ... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/264161-projector-lens-club.html

I have "extras" to enlist more craziness ... J
04-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #16448
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Wouldn't you?!

It's so much, if you finished it you'd actually feel horrible, so in the end you paid for something that was supposed to deliver satisfaction, but instead made your feel miserable. That's why I don't get people desperately trying to finish some food because they 'paid for it'. There's no gain, the investment will just turn worse with every bite you take from the point where you felt full.

04-12-2015, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #16449
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,729
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
It's so much, if you finished it you'd actually feel horrible, so in the end you paid for something that was supposed to deliver satisfaction, but instead made your feel miserable. That's why I don't get people desperately trying to finish some food because they 'paid for it'. There's no gain, the investment will just turn worse with every bite you take from the point where you felt full.
If you read the text, it says if has over 14,000 calories. enough to keep a normal human being alive for 10 days.
04-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #16450
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,160
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
It's so much, if you finished it you'd actually feel horrible, so in the end you paid for something that was supposed to deliver satisfaction, but instead made your feel miserable. That's why I don't get people desperately trying to finish some food because they 'paid for it'. There's no gain, the investment will just turn worse with every bite you take from the point where you felt full.


There is a little bit about that stuck in the middle of War and Peace by our mate Leo Tolstoy.
04-13-2015, 03:48 AM - 1 Like   #16451
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
It's yours ... I bought it with you in mind.

Anyone else one else want to join the "madness", look here ... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/264161-projector-lens-club.html

I have "extras" to enlist more craziness ... J
Good thing I already got hold of some hard currency to finance this acquisition...

04-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #16452
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,160
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Good thing I already got hold of some hard currency to finance this acquisition...


That currency is in hardcopy.
04-13-2015, 05:24 AM   #16453
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
That currency is in hardcopy.
True. And it's already spent anyway

(If I remember correctly that pile there was worth about $200.)
04-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #16454
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,643
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Today was Poitiers' annual swap meet ... no real super killer deals, but some nice snags all the same. Savoche is going to be happy, I think ... (teaser).

Maybe some images later to make y'all jealous.

Spent a lil' bit of "mad money" today, so that's "why I won't but a K-3 tm" ... broke now
So did you find me a clean Helios 44-3 yet?


Steve
04-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #16455
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So did you find me a clean Helios 44-3 yet?


Steve
Nope. Sorry. Very few Soviets this year ... just a couple of 44M's and super over-priced Fotosniper kit.

But as the French say, "I have noodles in my butt" ... in that being one is lucky. Picked up for 5€ a very dirty KX sold as junk and I bought because it was attached a very nice LX hard case bottom. Got home and cleaned up the KX, put new batteries and everything works except for the mirror lock up (won't stay up, puzzled). Also found a consignment sale lens (DV = Depôt de Vente) from a seller. He also had a M 50/1.7 for the same price, but I passed since I already have 2 at home ... ha.

Oops, sorry. Gear talk. But I had a pizza with bacon on it two weekends ago ...

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top