Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #16486
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You use the rabbit-food sammich to attract the oinkers, bop *them* on the head with Velveeta, and there you are with a great mound of bacon. Just takes a wee bit of processing is all!

Jim
😎

04-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #16487
Pentaxian

No bacon in the building ... but a ham samich could be had. So, not a total loss.

Spent too much "mad money" at Poitiers' annual expo/swap so that's "why I won't buy a K-3 tm" ...

04-15-2015, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #16488
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
No bacon in the building ... but a ham samich could be had. So, not a total loss.

Spent too much "mad money" at Poitiers' annual expo/swap so that's "why I won't buy a K-3 tm" ...
You bought all that? And just to not buy a K-3? I'm impressed! You're truly a rock in the fight against the evil hociR!
04-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #16489
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
I agree.

The only problem that I have is that when I see a truck full of them here in the Karoo with those big eyes knowing where they are going, I seriously consider to become a vegetarian. I will never be a butcher.
The stock trucks run past my window every day. I feel no guilt.

Now, it has to be said that a New Zealand lamb is not a patch on a Karoo lamb. Here, you see, they only eat lush, green grass, which makes for quick growth but pretty tasteless lambs, while Karoo lambs eat all kinds of interesting little shrubs and stuff, which means they come pre-seasoned! here, you're looking at 22-25 sheep to a hectare. (2.47 acres for those of you who are metricly challenged) I think, in the Karoo, the stock figures per hectare is somewhat lower! Which, of course is the reason you need a BIG Karoo farm to make money.

In winter, the passing of the stock trucks present no issue, as I keep the windows closed. Unfortunately, in summer, the windows are open and then the trucks waft their very special crap and hot sun smell right into the building. Not good!

04-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #16490
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
(2.47 acres for those of you who are metricly challenged)
Americans can multiply, add, divide, and subtract numbers that do not have to be in sets of ten, thank you very much.
In my days as a land surveyor we did (still do) break down a 12 inch foot into tenths and hundredths of a foot, not inches and fractions.
04-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #16491
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Americans can multiply, add, divide, and subtract numbers that do not have to be in sets of ten, thank you very much.
In my days as a land surveyor we did (still do) break down a 12 inch foot into tenths and hundredths of a foot, not inches and fractions.
I know - It's the fact that you choose to do so that does my head in! And then, some years back I bought a 1983 Oldsmobile in New York. First time I had to work on it I found out I had to go out and buy a metric socket set! That really confused me. I mean, a US made car in the US - and it's all metric. Go figure!
04-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #16492
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But read or watch 'Fast Food Nation' and you may well be converted, Sterretje.
Didn't work on me and I read the book and saw the documentary. I'm still eating at Mickey D's, grin.

---------- Post added 04-15-15 at 11:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Well, the mod better not accept that as an excuse!!
I don't need an excuse. While I was waiting for all THREE Hobbit films to come out on DVD (Major will power that as I am a Tolkien geek!) to view them I spent plenty of idle hours typing away on here. I need make no apologies. It's Tolkien and besides there was no waiting any longer! Tons of new Elfboy footage, yay! Legolas is one of my favorite literary crushes from when I was a kid. In the guise of Orlando Bloom I can't help but grin every time he hits the screen. He's just perfect IMHO, even though his being in The Hobbit films was totally gratuitous. (Don't even get me started on the subject of Tauriel, snort.) Plus Lee Pace as Thranduil, Benedict Cumberbatch totally hamming it up as Smaug, and the ever adorable Martin Freeman as The Hobbit? It's a wonder I made it till I had the whole series in hand. For all the so-so reviews, and messing around with Tolkien's characters and plot, I actually enjoyed them a lot more than I thought I would. I've never been a huge Hobbit fan. I've always prefered the LOTR and the other books to it, but I think this series finally warmed me up to it. I'm starting LOTR again tomorrow, needed a break before I watched Frodo and company, but I will watch them again. Hobbit got me in the mood...

Last edited by magkelly; 04-15-2015 at 08:51 PM.
04-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #16493
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The stock trucks run past my window every day. I feel no guilt.

Now, it has to be said that a New Zealand lamb is not a patch on a Karoo lamb. Here, you see, they only eat lush, green grass, which makes for quick growth but pretty tasteless lambs, while Karoo lambs eat all kinds of interesting little shrubs and stuff, which means they come pre-seasoned! here, you're looking at 22-25 sheep to a hectare. (2.47 acres for those of you who are metricly challenged) I think, in the Karoo, the stock figures per hectare is somewhat lower! Which, of course is the reason you need a BIG Karoo farm to make money.

In winter, the passing of the stock trucks present no issue, as I keep the windows closed. Unfortunately, in summer, the windows are open and then the trucks waft their very special crap and hot sun smell right into the building. Not good!

Mark, I see you are planning a trip to live in Australia. Those people in NZ are so proud of their lamb they cannot possibly allow someone to say such things as you did from within their land.
04-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #16494
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Mark, I see you are planning a trip to live in Australia. Those people in NZ are so proud of their lamb they cannot possibly allow someone to say such things as you did from within their land.
But it's true!!!! Have you tasted Karoo lamb?
04-15-2015, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #16495
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But it's true!!!!
That won't save you.
They'll hit you for sux.
04-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #16496
Veteran Member

Hmm, missed opportunity

My daughter is currently visiting SA from NZ; I should have asked her to bring some NZ lamb. Could have done a direct comparison during a 'braai'.
04-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #16497
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Ah, full circle ...
Word has it that the major feature improvement of the K-3II will be the replacement of the Ricoh label on the rear LCD with Pentax.

The hociR will not be pleased or amused.

Steve
04-15-2015, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #16498

is not a patch on a Karoo lamb
Have you tasted Karoo lamb
oh, for Chrissakes, Mark, leave my lambs alone, willya??
04-16-2015, 12:15 AM   #16499
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Word has it that the major feature improvement of the K-3II will be the replacement of the Ricoh label on the rear LCD with Pentax.
Rumored to have the word Ricoh on the rear LCD at startup and in the configuration screens and a Ricoh watermark in RAW files
04-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #16500
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Rumored to have the word Ricoh on the rear LCD at startup and in the configuration screens and a Ricoh watermark in RAW files

Say my name: Ho-CiR