Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #16696
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Yeah....Guns , Fishing , and Pentax's....lol. They all go together really well. I seem to be occupied with the .45 caliber variety at the moment. 45-70 Govt , .45 colt , .45Auto......just about anything that has 45 in the title somewhere. Ya never know when a good .45 could come in handy for fishing too ? I call em "Flying Pancakes"........Oooohh....that reminds me of Food !
General Patton is quoted as saying the M1 Garand "is the finest battle implement ever devised." I have to Respectfully disagree. That title goes to the 1911.

04-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #16697
Veteran Member

I knew someone would do this....lol. Right number ...... wrong Cartridge ....lol
Rarely do I drink but when I do ....... its "Fat Tire Ale"...... or nothing.

---------- Post added 04-24-15 at 08:25 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
General Patton is quoted as saying the M1 Garand "is the finest battle implement ever devised." I have to Respectfully disagree. That title goes to the 1911.
+1 on that ! Browning was a brilliant mastermind of Firearms design. To his credit is also another Classic to stand the test of time.....the 1886 Winchester !

---------- Post added 04-24-15 at 08:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Then you two might enjoy this - it's pointless, but somehow hilarious:

Double Exposure: Canon vs. Nikon - YouTube
Pointless yet entertaining....lol.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 04-23-2015 at 05:28 PM.
04-24-2015, 01:01 AM   #16698
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
04-24-2015, 01:10 AM   #16699
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jean, is that a photograph?
What is it doing on this thread?

04-24-2015, 07:00 AM   #16700
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Jean, is that a photograph?
What is it doing on this thread?
It's acceptable. Look at the suits. LOL
04-24-2015, 07:07 AM   #16701
Pentaxian

Hopefully, no one will try to fry those kids.

Also, I will not buy the K-3 because... it has on-board flash :angrybaby:
04-24-2015, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #16702
Veteran Member

I think that's Kevin and his two brothers.

04-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #16703
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I think that's Kevin and his two brothers.
Oh. I thought the middle one looked like Francis
04-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #16704
Veteran Member

Those poor Kids...who draped the Bacon strips on those poor little fellers ?
04-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #16705
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Gen Patton liked the one here on the bottom......his gunsmith personally engraved it for my uncle who served as one of Patton's bodyguards during WWII.

The one on top is my Dad's WWII weapon. Both are in excellent condition, but I have never fired either of them. Too large for a concealed carry weapon......for that I prefer a small gun that straps on your ankle.

I sure miss the days over here when we discussed things or genuine importance.....bacon, Velveeta and Spam were worthy topics.
Regards!
04-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #16706
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Gen Patton liked the one here on the bottom......his gunsmith personally engraved it for my uncle who served as one of Patton's bodyguards during WWII.
Having had that one in hand, I will say that no picture can do it justice.
04-24-2015, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #16707
Veteran Member

The one on top is my Dad's WWII weapon. Both are in excellent condition, but I have never fired either of them. Too large for a concealed carry weapon......for that I prefer a small gun that straps on your ankle.

I sure miss the days over here when we discussed things or genuine importance.....bacon, Velveeta and Spam were worthy topics.
Regards!
Holy Smokes ! And I was happy before just to own a couple Ruger SR1911's with Colt cut ejection ports ! Very Nice.

---------- Post added 04-25-15 at 12:18 AM ----------

Regards!
I conceal carry my full size 1911 daily and got used to it. Have noticed the last couple years as I have gotten a bit older that my Butt seems to be shrinking and my pants keep inching down.....lol. I remedied that my smacking it right down the front right side of my drawers... "Steel to Skin"... and tighten my belt a notch ! No more "slippage"....lol. Yes....Cocked-N-Locked now has new meaning carrying this way , but sure keeps me from buying any more holsters !
On the subject of Bacon and Velveeta all is good and still worthy of much discussion.....but the newer Spam gives me a severe headache from all the MSG and tastes like salt....PASS.........Mmmmm....Im thinking of FOOD again....lol

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 04-24-2015 at 09:35 AM.
04-24-2015, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #16708
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Welcome. I see from your profile your hobbies are photography and guns. Some of us here have the same interest. Heck, I think between the two of us, Racer and I might have a half dozen or so guns.
Way more than than that for me.

But the one I like the best is this. Created by my own hand, for shooting racing cars as they blast by at speeds three times the speed limit. Well, two and a half times the speed limit in South Dakota.

04-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #16709
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
As is on your person presently, correct?
Well, I can only carry so much at one time.

The remainder rest silently in the gun safe.
04-24-2015, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #16710
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Then you two might enjoy this - it's pointless, but somehow hilarious:

Double Exposure: Canon vs. Nikon - YouTube
Nice.

But they left out the best part. You know, where the guys with Pentax gear come storming in and clean house.

Oh yeah.