Photos: Gallery | Albums
8 Pounds of Boston Butt, 7 hours on the grill
NO time for hociR...

Attached Images

04-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #16802
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Until recently I wasn't much of a tea drinker, other than instant iced tea. I almost never drank hot tea; then I discovered green tea. I really like green tea; hot or iced.

Then there are oolong teas, and various smoked types.

Taiwanese teas are generally very good. They have exotic small estate teas (often hard to buy) and larger quantity teas - the two brands that come to mind are Ten Ren (only sells tea and tea equipment, and Hsin Tung Yang, a general premium food supplier (tea plus dried beef, dried pork etc). Both make for good general purpose visiting gifts to Taiwanese people. The Taiwan tea growing areas are very clean and refreshing, high in the mountains where even in summer it is cool - and the air is clean - important for a product where you are going to soak the leaves in water and then drink it.
04-26-2015, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #16803
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
8 Pounds of Boston Butt, 7 hours on the grill
NO time for hociR...
I swear...I can actually taste it !
04-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #16804
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Isn't she married to Prince Charles??
Nah. That's Camilla (with a face like a Gorilla?)

---------- Post added 04-27-2015 at 02:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Then there are oolong teas, and various smoked types.

This part of Victoria grows green tea and has a processing plant here at Wangaratta - Ito En is a Japanese company which supplies the plants and strictly controls harvesting etc to keep the quality very regular.
The growers are scattered around the cooler parts of the region within an hours drive of the plant so drying can start within a very short time frame. The scattering of growers means one grower will have finished harvesting before another starts! Originally Ito En sent all their tea back to Japan, but one of the growers has convinced them to supply back to him and he now sells his own tea.

04-27-2015, 03:05 AM   #16805
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Absolutely true. I hope you agree that another dark beverage, brewed from the leaves of Camellia sinensis, does certainly not classify as toxic waste

Isn't she married to Prince Charles??
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
I swear...I can actually taste it !
This is getting disturbing...
04-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #16806
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
This is getting disturbing...
Indeed! Though I expect that the discussion will soon turn back to something disgusting like Kombucha (favored drink of the hociR itself!) and all will be normal.

Steve
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #16807
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Indeed! Though I expect that the discussion will soon turn back to something disgusting like Kombucha (favored drink of the hociR itself!) and all will be normal.
Kombucha?

No thanks. I prefer to wash down my pidan with kumis.

Escamoles, though, might require generous amounts of tequila before the meal of "caviar" is consumed

04-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #16808
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Coffee is not an optical material, must be allowed here.
Actually coffee is 'optical' material since everyone can see better after drinking several cups.
04-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #16809

All this talk of food is making me hungry, so going away to prepare something healthy with low cholestral in a few minutes.

It has been an interesring day of weather across the pond. Here in Strathclyde we have had hail, rain and snow with a northerly wind for an added extra but are now finishing off with blue sky with just a nice amount of fluffy white clouds for picture taking and some lovely warm sunshine...three seasons in a few hours, who would want to live anywhere else.
04-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #16810
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
It has been an interesring day of weather across the pond. Here in Strathclyde we have had hail, rain and snow with a northerly wind for an added extra but are now finishing off with blue sky with just a nice amount of fluffy white clouds for picture taking and some lovely warm sunshine...three seasons in a few hours, who would want to live anywhere else.
That is pretty much exactly what happened up here in Tayside. The sun warmed by fur when I was walking to the library around noon, when I looked out of the window hours later I had to check with the person next to me that the sleet outside was not a product of hallucinations. Now the sun is shining again.
04-27-2015, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #16811
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As promised yesterday:
My "My Squirrel Zombie Apocalypse Special"

For the day when the evil hociR turns all the squirrels against us! Like this!
04-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #16812
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
All this talk of food is making me hungry, so going away to prepare something healthy with low cholestral in a few minutes.

I'm just generally hungry, so I think i shall eat some ice cream.

Also, the weather where you are sounds like totally normal spring weather in Northern Norway. Heck, I've even seen horizontal snow in the city centre where i live, while it was sunny and gorgeous on campus a few kilometres away.
04-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #16813
Veteran Member

Fun's over, thread is closed, everyone get back here, the silliness needs to be centralized in one location.

centralized in one location? did I just do a Yogi?
04-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #16814
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Fun's over, thread is closed, everyone get back here, the silliness needs to be centralized in one location.

centralized in one location? did I just do a Yogi?
There can be only one single one
04-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #16815
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
There can be only one single one
Nobody comes to this thread anymore, it's too crowded.