Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #16996
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,319
If as an Australian you've been a great host to an international visitor, you can undo a week's good work with one serving of Vegemite.

And now this ...

Cadbury Chocolate and Vegemite combine in latest social media-driven food mash-up - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

05-08-2015, 04:12 AM - 1 Like   #16997
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,976
The rudest tourists I ever ran into were Chinese tourists in Yellowstone. Cut you off for the parking space you are waiting to getinto. Cut in line. Always pushing to the front etc. In fact the Chinese government has been running public service announcements in their media to try to address this issue. They are giving the country a bad reputation. They actually make the old cliche American tourist look downright civil.

When I traveled overseas, I always tried to learn, at the very least, the words for hello, please and thank you. Those old Berlitz travel phrase books were a godsend. However trilling r's in Spanish and making some of the sounds used in Slavic languages has always eluded me.

Now, get out of my way! I have a Pentax camera!
05-08-2015, 04:19 AM   #16998
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,136
Evan a small number f rude or offensive people from an origin tend to tar all with the reputation - the origin of stereotypes.
05-08-2015, 05:25 AM   #16999
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I've never understood, MrFox, why the crocodile warnings at Queensland bodies of water are often written only in English and German.
To protect your precious, fragile crocs from all the Germans, of course!

05-08-2015, 06:09 AM   #17000
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,106
05-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #17001
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,319
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
To protect your precious, fragile crocs from all the Germans, of course!
Like Jaws in the old James Bond films? I like that. :-D
05-08-2015, 06:48 AM - 2 Likes   #17002
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Like Jaws in the old James Bond films? I like that. :-D
It's more of a psychological thing, I think. The sight of tennis socks in sandals is just too much to take.
05-08-2015, 07:49 AM   #17003
Veteran Member
cbope's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 664
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The rudest tourists I ever ran into were Chinese tourists in Yellowstone. Cut you off for the parking space you are waiting to getinto. Cut in line. Always pushing to the front etc. In fact the Chinese government has been running public service announcements in their media to try to address this issue. They are giving the country a bad reputation. They actually make the old cliche American tourist look downright civil.

When I traveled overseas, I always tried to learn, at the very least, the words for hello, please and thank you. Those old Berlitz travel phrase books were a godsend. However trilling r's in Spanish and making some of the sounds used in Slavic languages has always eluded me.

Now, get out of my way! I have a Pentax camera!
Sounds like Russian tourists to me. The vast majority seem to have no idea what a queue is or how to be polite. They are much better behaved in their home country, strangely enough.

05-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #17004
Pentaxian
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
I am thankful Ricoh bought Pentax. You might not have a K3 if it were not for Ricoh and you certainly would not have a Full Frame if Hoya still owned the Pentax name. You might not have a Pentax at all. I sincerely hope Ricoh continues to use the Pentax name, but if the don't, "What will be will be". QUIT CRYING AND DRY YOUR EYES, YOU CAN'T TAKE A GOOD SHOT WITH TEARS IN THEM!
05-08-2015, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #17005
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,391
What does that have to do with cheese, bacon, lutefisk, or Tokyo?
:confused2:
05-08-2015, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #17006
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,106
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What does that have to do with cheese, bacon, lutefisk, or Tokyo?
and to top it off hociR is spelled wrong.
05-08-2015, 08:34 AM - 2 Likes   #17007
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I am thankful Ricoh bought Pentax. You might not have a K3 if it were not for Ricoh and you certainly would not have a Full Frame if Hoya still owned the Pentax name. You might not have a Pentax at all. I sincerely hope Ricoh continues to use the Pentax name, but if the don't, "What will be will be". QUIT CRYING AND DRY YOUR EYES, YOU CAN'T TAKE A GOOD SHOT WITH TEARS IN THEM!
This helps with Watery Eyes from the hociR !



Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 05-08-2015 at 08:41 AM.
05-08-2015, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #17008
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I am thankful Ricoh bought Pentax. You might not have a K3 if it were not for Ricoh and you certainly would not have a Full Frame if Hoya still owned the Pentax name. You might not have a Pentax at all. I sincerely hope Ricoh continues to use the Pentax name, but if the don't, "What will be will be". QUIT CRYING AND DRY YOUR EYES, YOU CAN'T TAKE A GOOD SHOT WITH TEARS IN THEM!
Oh my sweet summer child ... back to the first page with you and read every single post in this thread before posting. It's the rule!
05-08-2015, 09:30 AM - 2 Likes   #17009
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Oh my sweet summer child ... back to the first page with you and read every single post in this thread before posting. It's the rule!
And Don't skip post #666 !
05-08-2015, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #17010
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I am thankful Ricoh bought Pentax. You might not have a K3 if it were not for Ricoh and you certainly would not have a Full Frame if Hoya still owned the Pentax name. You might not have a Pentax at all. I sincerely hope Ricoh continues to use the Pentax name, but if the don't, "What will be will be". QUIT CRYING AND DRY YOUR EYES, YOU CAN'T TAKE A GOOD SHOT WITH TEARS IN THEM!
Ha, ha ... that's a good one.

What a better way to wake a sleeping hive than a good kick (start'em all up again) ...

Eh ... wait.

You were kidding, weren't you ?!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top