Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2015, 12:03 PM   #17041

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I am thankful Ricoh bought Pentax. You might not have a K3 if it were not for Ricoh and you certainly would not have a Full Frame if Hoya still owned the Pentax name. You might not have a Pentax at all. I sincerely hope Ricoh continues to use the Pentax name, but if the don't, "What will be will be". QUIT CRYING AND DRY YOUR EYES, YOU CAN'T TAKE A GOOD SHOT WITH TEARS IN THEM!

Shhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One mustn't speak such heresy.

Oh, no!

05-10-2015, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #17042
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Very nice. So. Are you going to bejewel it?

Uh, probably not, it's an antique and all. Uh, well, life is short, maybe I'll do the lens cap... ;P
05-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #17043

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You like the surreal, do you?
I like a squirrel now and then.
05-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #17044

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
What would that movie's plot be? Would it be about a man who, holed up in his house with vast reserves of Lutefisk, Velveeta, single malt, bacon and a Weber grill, has to make clever use of his extensive gun collection to hold off an army of squirrels sent by the Illuminati's parent organisation 'hociR'?
Well, pretty much.

05-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #17045

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
If my students wrote an assignment that read like this tread I would find myself compelled to award a vey low mark, since in assignments I am not looking for entertainment, but rather a coherent discussion of the set topic. Here the disjointedness is fun.
I think you nailed it.
05-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #17046

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Bird cage liner maybe?
Or training a puppy.
05-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #17047

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
On the Great Ocean Road as promised - still 100 kms from the 12 Apostles!

---------- Post added 05-10-2015 at 02:32 PM ----------

OOPS - bad resizing!!!!
But you get the idea.
Beautiful coastline.
05-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #17048

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Spam, What else?
Yep.

And with that, Racer has, after a brief absence popped in, got caught up with the Greatest Thread That Ever Lived, spamed it some and threw around a bunch of gratuitous likes, and now must get back to the endless days of building wings for the Giant Silver Buses.

The Spam:

Oh, its social alright.

Very, very passionate social. The woman was demonstrating her love for the man in an extremely passionate way.

I doubt that it will ever work out favorably for either of them though.
Tillamook Extra Sharp. mmmmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................
Jarlsberg is good.
What?

You don't want to sell us your fabulous cheese?
Oops!

All too often we can so very easily slip into the dark area where we really should not tread.

That would make a killer BLT.

On really good sourdough.

With Hellmann'sŪ mayo.

And a nice beer to wash it all down.

Oh yeah.
The sea lions have become quite a problem on the West coast of the US and Canada. So much so that I think we should hunt them for food and the pelts.

After all, there is a food shortage, right?
Very nice.

So.

Are you going to bejewel it?
Shhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One mustn't speak such heresy.

Oh, no!
I like a squirrel now and then.
Well, pretty much.
I think you nailed it.
Or training a puppy.
Beautiful coastline.

I've been working 6 and 7 days a week, getting 30 hours or so of overtime each week. While my Brothers and Sisters gripe and complain, I have learned to work the system to my advantage. After 2 weekends in a row I can volunteer to work. If I work that 3rd weekend, or any part of it, the next weekend is off the table. And since the weekend after that is a holiday, it is also an optional weekend.

Additionally, after 128 hours of OT in a quarter, any OT worked up to 160 hours is also optional. Optional means that the management cannot designate the overtime, and is the worker chooses to not work it, there can be no penalty.

By the end of next week I will have exceeded the 128 hour limit, and will be able to be home for two weekends straight as summer unfolds, and also be able to choose to only work the 40 hour week for a month or so.

The others, as I mentioned, whine a lot, but few have followed through with their 'threats' to "work every bit of OT during the week" so they will not be designated over the weekends when they would rather be at home with family and friends.

For me, the OT gives more money to pay against the principal on the Rancho Costa Plenta. When the mortgage is paid off, that is it for Racer's tenure as a Wingnut.

Oh, yeah. Y'all will have to look around for the likes I dropped. Those of you who got them will know for sure, the others will have to use a certain forum tool to dig 'em up.

Cheers to my forum Brothers and Sisters!

05-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #17049

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Um, let's not. While technically those sea lions are no longer on the endangered list they're just now recovering from decades of severe depopulation. Now there's between 70 and 80K but back the 70's there were only about 18K. It seems like a lot but actually there used to be many more. I don't begrudge them the use of a pier or a beach during certain times of the year. They were here first after all, not us, and it's only fair that we accommodate them since we nearly hunted them to extinction not so long ago. They can be a nuisance but then so can we...
Yes, I know Mag. And you make very great points.

Sometimes it is appalling how man has asserted himself in the World, as if he is the superior creature. I often wonder if we really are better because of the things that set us apart in the Animal Kingdom really are better.

But I bet they would taste good with bacon!
05-10-2015, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #17050
Veteran Member

Yes, I know Mag. And you make very great points.

Sometimes it is appalling how man has asserted himself in the World, as if he is the superior creature. I often wonder if we really are better because of the things that set us apart in the Animal Kingdom really are better.

But I bet they would taste good with bacon!
As much fat as they have on them I'm thinking it would be like eating whale blubber. It would probably be an acquired taste kind of thing. Nah, I think not. Food for sharks, maybe, but not for me. ;P
05-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #17051
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yep.

the Giant Silver Buses.
Cheers to my forum Brothers and Sisters!

That brings to mind a name for them that must not be said in the biggest building.
05-10-2015, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #17052
Pentaxian

The Spam:
Racer quotes Racer!
Did Churchill ever quote Churchill?
Did M L King ever quote M L King?

Bye the way - the coast gets better: wait for next week!
This section of the road was fashioned by returned soldiers from WW1 - began 1919 finished 1932 -back in the days of picks and shovels and horse drawn carts (with the help of some explosives) The next section of this spectacular coast was fashioned but the action of the mighty Southern Ocean beating against sandstone cliffs. Watch this space.
05-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #17053

That brings to mind a name for them that must not be said in the biggest building.
Airbus?

Recently management decided that everyone in "the tool"* must wear a bump cap. Essentially a baseball cap with a plastic liner that reduces the amount of injury when one bumps their head on something.

Many of us choose to wear our own cap and insert the plastic liner.

Out of about 300 workers in the 777 wing tool there are 4 or 5 who sport an Airbus cap.

After all, there is no rule in the company code of conduct that prohibits the wearing of clothing bearing the logo of a competitor.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 05-10-2015 at 03:02 PM.
05-10-2015, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #17054
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I haven't flown on a Boeing plane in a while so I have no basis for comparison, but I have flown, fairly recently, on a Saab and an Airbutts A330 (I think it was 330. Maybe a 320?). The Saab turboprop had a single seat row on one side of the aisle, and a double seat row on the other. i.e., it was a typical puddle jumper. Anybody want to guess which one had the most comfortable seats and the most leg room? (HINT: It wasn't the Airbutts.)

Last edited by Parallax; 05-10-2015 at 02:38 PM.
05-10-2015, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #17055
Pentaxian

PS
forgot to thank you for the gratuitous like.Thanks.
That image could have looked better;
1. with better light (dull and gloomy most of this week)
2 better time of day
3 better equipment - only have a lowly K5 (not one of those nice shiny Canikons)(or a HociR)
4 better processing (LR5 is at home)
5 better photographer