Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #17476
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just to drive Steve nuts ... 4€ from my thrift store.

06-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #17477
Pentaxian

My sister used to own one of those....
06-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #17478
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You all have nothing on me. I ate the rest of a huge piece of prime rib for breakfast with a side of scalloped potatoes. I tried but it was too big for me to manage it in one meal. It was 3.5" thick and at least 3.5lbs before I cooked it. It filled the whole plate to the point where there was no room for anything else. I got two very full meals out of it, shared with the felines (Yes, they're spoiled.) plus I'm making beef vegetable barley soup later tonight with the scraps. :P No, I didn't record it's existence. I was too busy stuffing my face with it, grin...
06-02-2015, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #17479
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Just to drive Steve nuts ... 4€ from my thrift store.
Well, at least this one is dusty.

Steve

06-02-2015, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #17480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
You all have nothing on me. I ate the rest of a huge piece of prime rib for breakfast with a side of scalloped potatoes. I tried but it was too big for me to manage it in one meal. It was 3.5" thick and at least 3.5lbs before I cooked it. It filled the whole plate to the point where there was no room for anything else. I got two very full meals out of it, shared with the felines (Yes, they're spoiled.) plus I'm making beef vegetable barley soup later tonight with the scraps. :P No, I didn't record it's existence. I was too busy stuffing my face with it, grin...
My dogs want you to adopt them.

Misty, Tia and Tripper

Dreamer.

duh.. if you lick a tree and it's 30 below, your tongue gets stuck...
06-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #17481
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
4€ from my thrift store.
Wow! That's almost $2.00 these days, isn't it?
06-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #17482
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Being a student on semester holidays means a totally new level of slothfulness.
My friends and I were as slothful during terms as the breaks, Mr Fox, which is why we were more likely to be hit by lightning than get invited by faculties to do postgrad. :-D

06-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #17483
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
And I am not going to say what I have in my camera bag....
I saw your post in another thread, VoR, it's clearly 34kg of photography gear and eight cans of spam!
06-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #17484
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My dogs want you to adopt them. Misty, Tia and Tripper Dreamer.
LOL. They're beauties and I'd gladly have them if Lily and Loki and the park I live in would allow it. Alas, we have a 2 pet per house limit and the dogs have to be medium sized or smaller. Lily is none too fond of pups besides. She's never been menaced by one in her life but she can't stand dogs. Last time my one bro brought his black lab she chased that poor animal under a chair and he didn't come out until she left the room. (Not the first time one of my cats has done that to one of his labs. My last black furball did the same with his first one, terrified him and chased him right under a kitchen table chair.) Dog is huge, at least 6X her size but she didn't hesitate to show him who's boss. Loki, well he's very territorial and defensive of Lily. He hasn't met but one dog yet but it didn't really go well. He growled like a Rottweiler. He was in a carrier at the vet's at the time going for his checkup. It was probably a good thing he was cooped up because I don't think he likes canine any better than Lily does...
06-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #17485
Pentaxian

Trippers pack mates growing up were, a 100 pound American Bull Dog, a Red Nose Pit Bull and Dreamer, and none of them would play with him. The bull dog probably would have eaten him given a chance. His only play buddy was Fat Fuzzy the 40 pound cat. The two of them got along just fine,
06-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #17486
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I saw your post in another thread, VoR, it's clearly 34kg of photography gear and eight cans of spam!
Lovely spam, wonderful spam!
06-02-2015, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #17487
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote

Sounds like John Wayne's dinner in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
06-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #17488
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Wow! That's almost $2.00 these days, isn't it?
Barely ...
06-03-2015, 05:43 AM   #17489
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Sounds like John Wayne's dinner in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
The only thing I really get any iron out of eating is steak. The iron in veggies and pills my digestive system just doesn't absorb very well. I can get some out of beans apparently but it's not as effective as eating meat and I have a chronic problem with low iron and platelet counts. So about every ten days or so I go get the biggest piece of meat I can afford and chow down. Usually it's something cheap like top sirloin but every once in a while I splurge and get something else. The steak I got the other night actually only cost about a buck more per pound than the top sirloin. It was on sale this week. It was just too nice looking to leave it there and boy was it GOOD! :P
06-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #17490
Veteran Member

Anyone here do sous vide cooking?
Amazon had a promo code for $100 off the $200 Anova unit the other day.
Mine comes today, but being a serial griller/barbecuer I'm still on the fence about even using it.
Plans were to turn tough, cheaper priced beef into tender beef, searing over charcoal on a grill afterwards of course.
I'd still pan fry or grill my Spam though. :P

Last edited by robtcorl; 06-03-2015 at 06:35 PM.