Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2015, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #17596
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
It's just that this semester has been *really* long. By august I'll be raring for another seven years for sure
Last semester actually seemed rather short (like all of them), but I had to sit through the most boring (and obviously mandatory) subject I ever encountered in my whole life. It made me question my intelligence and bang my head on the table - literally. Thank god that hell is over.

But higher education is pretty much like childbirth. At the end of the semester you thank the lord for holidays, just to long for lectures again after a couple of weeks

06-11-2015, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #17597
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Can't be around here Jim. All I see is the sun and pretty blue sky!
All I see too, today...

That was down in Cannon Beach from our hotel balcony

Jim
06-11-2015, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #17598
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So if 5000 in 5 years qualifies for that, then what does my yearly average class me as?

(It was a rhetorical question. I'm fairly certain that I don't really want to know. )
And I'm fairly certain I don't want to tell you.
06-11-2015, 04:13 PM   #17599
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you! I appreciate that, Norm.

06-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #17600
Pentaxian

We all do!
06-11-2015, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #17601
Pentaxian

No problem, I know what's important to my health and well being.
06-11-2015, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #17602
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
No problem, I know what's important to my health and well being.

Besides, he wants to be allowed to say more things here.

06-11-2015, 10:45 PM   #17603
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Last semester actually seemed rather short (like all of them), but I had to sit through the most boring (and obviously mandatory) subject I ever encountered in my whole life. It made me question my intelligence and bang my head on the table - literally. Thank god that hell is over.

But higher education is pretty much like childbirth. At the end of the semester you thank the lord for holidays, just to long for lectures again after a couple of weeks
My subjects have been interesting (if exceptionally work-intensive), but today's exam is the last possible exam date for this semester, meaning that it's just that much more difficult to summon the motivation to sit inside and study when everyone around you is done and going for summer holidays.
06-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #17604
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My subjects have been interesting (if exceptionally work-intensive), but today's exam is the last possible exam date for this semester, meaning that it's just that much more difficult to summon the motivation to sit inside and study when everyone around you is done and going for summer holidays.

Sounds like my last u/g exam. That was the last possible day too. It was a very hot Saturday morning in the huge exam hall. in those days we were tough, no a/c in the exam hall. there are famous stories of students needing to deal with events such as other students passing out from heat and dehydration - those were the days before the fashion of carrying water bottles.
06-12-2015, 02:47 AM   #17605
Veteran Member

My subjects have been interesting (if exceptionally work-intensive) ...
Psycholinguistics. Say that out loud without starting to snore.

QuoteQuote:
... but today's exam is the last possible exam date for this semester, meaning that it's just that much more difficult to summon the motivation to sit inside and study when everyone around you is done and going for summer holidays.
I never looked at it from this side, but it seems there's something positive about the way they do it at my uni. They set an exam date for the module where everyone writes it. No signing up for it, no choosing dates - you attend or you fail. Usually they're quite evenly spaced with a couple of days in between, but last semester I finished my second to last exam just to have to wait another two weeks for the last one ...
06-12-2015, 02:48 AM   #17606
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
That was down in Cannon Beach from our hotel balcony
Only a short drive away.

Think of all our Forum Friends here. There are only a few who can get there in about the same time as you and I. For many it is at least 2 to 4 full days drive. And even many others who would need to take a ride in a plane on the wings that I build.
06-12-2015, 02:57 AM - 2 Likes   #17607
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
So if 5000 in 5 years qualifies for that, then what does my yearly average class me as?

(It was a rhetorical question. I'm fairly certain that I don't really want to know. )
Yeah, but I gotta answer anyway.

You could have one of these

But they are small, so it takes a few of them to really shine.

Or how about your very own license plate?

Pretty cool, huh?
06-12-2015, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #17608
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Yeah, but I gotta answer anyway.
Somehow, I knew you would.
06-12-2015, 05:04 AM   #17609
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, you do live in South Dakota so there isn't much else to do there. Although I did stop at a Taco Bell in Spearfish a few years ago and Rulon Gardner was there with his two kids.
06-12-2015, 05:35 AM   #17610
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

To people in Spearfish (or most anywhere else), Taco Bell is just fast food. In Pierre it's considered fine dining.

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Rulon Gardner was there with his two kids
I remember seeing him (on T.V.) defeat the Russian to take the gold. I'll always remember the Russian's reaction. It was a look of stunned disbelief. It was like he couldn't comprehend what had just happened.

Last edited by Parallax; 06-12-2015 at 07:29 AM.