Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #17896
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yeah, I'm sure Caligula and Nero had horrible puns, too. Why should that let you off the hook?
The Romans had to deal with horrible Huns ... along with other issues, too.

06-28-2015, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #17897
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I'm sure Caligula and Nero had horrible puns, too. Why should that let you off the hook?
I thought the Puns were a nomadic people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia in the first half of the first millennium; but history wasn't one of my strong subjects.

EDIT: Damn! Jean beat me to it. I'm so embarassed.
06-28-2015, 07:56 AM - 2 Likes   #17898
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Just goes to show, you can find an example of just about anything on the internet... even things that aren't things.
But remember, always remember...

06-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #17899
Site Supporter

06-28-2015, 08:51 AM   #17900
Pentaxian

Jean has done this before on another forum, and saved the files just for this occasion. Prepared like a boy scout..
06-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #17901
Site Supporter

Jean has done this before on another forum, and saved the files just for this occasion. Prepared like a boy scout..

I must have an evil, unknown twin out there. And I bet his/her real name is Skippy.
06-28-2015, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #17902
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote

I must have an evil, unknown twin out there. And I bet his/her real name is Skippy.
Oh, so your unknown twin is evil, too?

06-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #17903
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Back to 'norm'.
I think it very unfair to say Norm is average.
I really like some of his sunsets: they are far above average, in my opinion.

Now, if we could just get Norm out of bed earlier, we might get to see some sunrises too!
And I am sure some of them would be above average.

I remember TV ads when I was young that told us Norm was fat and watched TV all the time.

---------- Post added 06-29-15 at 06:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, no. Caligula is that really fancy script type of hand writing with the different pen tips. Don't you people know anything?
Sheesh!

There is another style in which it is done with a paint brush.

---------- Post added 06-29-15 at 06:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
The Romans had to deal with horrible Huns ... along with other issues, too.

We all laughed when the high school history teacher told us that the Angles and Saxons moved from Germany to 'sunny England' because by those days the English (their descendants) were all migrating to sunny Australia because England was too dreary.

06-28-2015, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #17904
Pentaxian

Oh, so your unknown twin is evil, too?

Both of them are evil, what a coincidence... I thought twins came paired off, a good one and a bad one to maintain balance in the universe.

There must be another set of twins somewhere, both good...

Last edited by normhead; 06-28-2015 at 03:18 PM.
06-29-2015, 02:47 AM   #17905

There must be another set of twins somewhere, both good...
Possibly at the quantum level only!
06-29-2015, 03:21 AM   #17906
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Possibly at the quantum level only!
Now that's just an offensive misunderstanding of both physics and the english language.
06-29-2015, 06:05 AM   #17907
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Now that's just an offensive misunderstanding of both physics and the english language.
Therefore my next statement should be a defensive understanding of both physics and the english language so the cosmos remains in balance through all the dimensions. I Just can't think of anything I could say that would qualify. Some one else will have to do it.

Any volunteers? I'm not certain how puns fit into all of this, at the quantum level.
06-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #17908
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Therefore my next statement should be a defensive understanding of both physics and the english language so the cosmos remains in balance through all the dimensions. I Just can't think of anything I could say that would qualify. Some one else will have to do it.

Any volunteers? I'm not certain how puns fit into all of this, at the quantum level.
Ah, I can do the defensive part, but not with any sort of understanding. I don't know physics, and I don't know English. Sure, I know enough to order a beer, but it doesn't take much knowledge of physics to do that!
06-29-2015, 06:23 AM   #17909
Pentaxian

Sure, I know enough to order a beer,

Stop calling me Shirley... just because you shorten it to a nick name doesn't make it right...
And really, does anyone need more english than that? Although knowing enough for few puns and to order a bacon cheesebugher would also be an advantage.

Which reminds me of the time I tried to impress a girlfriend by ordering cheeseburger in French (in Montreal). I ordered a cheeseburger and fries, I got chicken wings and fries, I never told her they couldn't understand my French. She was mightily impressed.
06-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #17910
Veteran Member

Honestly, I'm good with just puns. I may be studying physics, but i like having pun, too!
« K3 Dust Removal | - »