Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #1801
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Hang in there Joel. Oh, and my favorite 'cure' when I'm sick is 50/50 ginger ale and lemonade. Always keep a couple cans of the frozen stuff in the freezer and a couple cans of ginger ale in the garage. That and plain saltine crackers. Works pretty good for hangovers too, though of course I would not know anything about that....
Thanks! I'll try that. As long as I'm cured by Christmas eve!! Mega food fest!! And I don't want to miss it!!!

12-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #1802
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
Z: Zamorano. I guess cheese.com is getting more hits than usual. If I didn't cheat I would guess zebra cheese, which would be produced from milking a zebra.

(That edge to edge sharpness of cheese really got me laughing..)

I guess we have to move on. Let me nail the easy aa..
Affidelice au Chablis
12-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #1803
Site Supporter

This is gonna get hard so I better jump in while I can . . .

Auvergne Blue.
12-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1804
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I guess we have to move on. Let me nail the easy aa.. Affidelice au Chablis
I'll leave others to wine,how about beer. I'll start it with what else but Asahi, or do I now have to call it Ricoh?
Glenn

12-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #1805
Loyal Site Supporter

Are we on B or C?
Colby Jack!

And cheesy meatloaf is a Southern thing. We ask how can we take this fatty comfort food & turn into a heart attack?
12-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #1806
bxf
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
But I am Canadian, at least until the Inuit secede. And I eat it all the time. It's also known as peameal bacon, to keep it from being confused with English bacon (which is probably Irish, who also invented the bagpipes and gave them to the Scots who haven't seen the joke yet.) In order to make it real Canadian bacon, the pork loin has to be rolloed in peameal. Peameal is made by by running yellow split-peas through a rock-crusher, turning them into tiny, little sand-grain morsels of what was once a rock-hard, pebble-sized pea seed. It's all very simple and, voila, CANADIAN bacon made from peas imported from Georgia or Mississippi and pork from the Chicago stock-yards. So knock off the criticism of Canadian bacon. It's as Canadian as MacDonald's and Walmart. It even comes with a little Canadian flag sometimes that tells us it was produced in Canada (meaning if the packaging was done here and is of greater value than the product inside, it can be labelled Canadian).
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Now I'm really confused. Or at least more confused than normal. Which is generally quite confused. So I guess now I am more than generally confused.
And just to be clear I was not criticizing Canadian Bacon, just noting that according to Canadian sources what we call Canadian Bacon in the states is neither bacon nor Canadian. So I've almost certainly never tried real Canadian Bacon, just the imitation product labeled that here. I'm sure that real Canadian Bacon is excellent and well worth traveling north to experience.
I am not familiar with "peameal bacon", despite having lived in Canada for 19 years. At the time that I left Canada in 1978, what Americans called "Canadian bacon" was known as "back bacon" in Canada, or at least in Montreal.
12-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #1807
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Are we on B or C?
Colby Jack!
I think they're onto adult beverages now... Not sure got sidetracked for a few minutes and I'm kinda lost!
12-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #1808
Veteran Member

12-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #1809
Loyal Site Supporter

Joel - do not read this!!!

I just discovered you can get White Castle hamburgers with cheese on them.

I had twelve.

I'll let you know in an hour or so if that was too many.

Or my wife will let me know, and then I will let you know. Whichever.
12-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #1810
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

I had twelve.

Too late!!!
12-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #1811
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

I had twelve.

Ahhh. The Original Minneapolis Gut Bomb. Thirty years has almost been long enough to make me want to try them again.
12-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #1812
Site Supporter

I just want to say thanks for such a fun thread. I've been in hospital since Dec 1 and anytime I need a laugh I come here and you've always delivered.
Just to stay on topic (gasp) the hospital delight known as dinner had cheese on the beef casserole and in the perogies. I tried to talk the nursing staff into serving an adult beverage but all they offered was water. Something is wrong there.
12-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #1813
Pentaxian

Wait a second. Are we listing wines in alphabetical order? I already said mine. Oh, well.
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #1814
Loyal Site Supporter

California Chardonnay, and White Castle Cheesburgers. (it is supposed to be real beef.)
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #1815
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Ahhh. The Original Minneapolis Gut Bomb. Thirty years has almost been long enough to make me want to try them again.
I'm good for once a year. That's equivalent to one a month. So far, so good.