Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2015, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #18226
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,545
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I considered "bottom feeding" to be an art form ... just how low can you go ?!
The urge to make comments here regarding certain professions is nearly overwhelming.

07-21-2015, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #18227
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 8,260
To get away from Jean's, umm, art forms...

An inspired moment with a shoddy camera



I think my Lensbaby has less distortion than the plastic lump of a lens they put in my phone
07-21-2015, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #18228
Veteran Member
magkelly's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,905
If you really want to fight zombies you don't need a chainsaw. All you need is a big thing of salt to throw at them and something to light them on fire, like a torch. Salt immobilizes traditional zombies. Unless you have virus zombies they're done the moment you hit them with some. If they're virus zombies you're doomed even if you do torch them because they are carriers. Either way a good torch, preferably a blow torch, and they're gone. You can decapitate them but that doesn't always work very well as the bodies can keep on moving sans the heads for a while. Burning them right up, much better. :P
07-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #18229
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,474
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
If you really want to fight zombies you don't need a chainsaw. All you need is a big thing of salt to throw at them and something to light them on fire, like a torch. Salt immobilizes traditional zombies. Unless you have virus zombies they're done the moment you hit them with some. If they're virus zombies you're doomed even if you do torch them because they are carriers. Either way a good torch, preferably a blow torch, and they're gone. You can decapitate them but that doesn't always work very well as the bodies can keep on moving sans the heads for a while. Burning them right up, much better. :P
Channeling Johnny Carson ... "I did not know that."



07-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #18230
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,126
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Jean, Jean, Jean... get a job, or go out taking photos. You obviously have too much time on your hands!
ADHD


Steve
07-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #18231
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,126
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
To get away from Jean's, umm, art forms...

An inspired moment with a shoddy camera



I think my Lensbaby has less distortion than the plastic lump of a lens they put in my phone
Oh, yes...Islay...My ancestor used to rule that place...


Steve
07-21-2015, 04:54 PM   #18232
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,243
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
To get away from Jean's, umm, art forms...
An inspired moment with a shoddy camera
A fine drink!
07-21-2015, 06:03 PM   #18233
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wangaratta, Victoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,374
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
A fine drink!
Hey, Mark! If you had ever had a win against England like we just had, you could justify a drink or two!

07-21-2015, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #18234
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,072
Since we are on the subject of adult beverages. May I present you this:



It is called Fat Ox Ale and is based upon an 1803 recipe. It is only available at the Genesee Country Village and Museum. I get a growler of it once in awhile when we visit. I cannot describe the taste other than to say it is unique. Like no other beer I have ever tasted. 3 or 4 different tastes going on all at once.
07-21-2015, 10:03 PM - 1 Like   #18235
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,662
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Either way a good torch, preferably a blow torch, and they're gone.
Magkelly - Zombie Hunter.
07-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #18236
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,662
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh, yes...Islay...My ancestor used to rule that place...
Just take a carton of product off the shelf the next time you're there, and walk out without saying a thing, Steve ... it's obviously a birthright!
07-22-2015, 12:55 AM   #18237
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
To get away from Jean's, umm, art forms...

An inspired moment with a shoddy camera



I think my Lensbaby has less distortion than the plastic lump of a lens they put in my phone
Still looks pretty fine to me, though.

Am I back? That's right, I'm back. Did you miss me? Of course you did.
07-22-2015, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #18238
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,243
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Hey, Mark! If you had ever had a win against England like we just had, you could justify a drink or two!
After next week's All Blacks vs Springboks game, I'll probably need a drink too!
07-22-2015, 02:54 AM   #18239
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Am I back? That's right, I'm back. Did you miss me? Of course you did.
Oh my ... were you gone? Or, to be frank - who the heck are you?!



QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
After next week's All Blacks vs Springboks game, I'll probably need a drink too!
How about a ... Springbokkie?
07-22-2015, 03:01 AM   #18240
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 8,260
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Still looks pretty fine to me, though.

Am I back? That's right, I'm back. Did you miss me? Of course you did.
Hey, you're back! We've missed you sooo much!

(shh, it's a Sony phone...)

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
After next week's All Blacks vs Springboks game, I'll probably need a drink too!


QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Oh my ... were you gone? Or, to be frank - who the heck are you?!

Hey Frank, how are you?!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top