Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2015, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #18976
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Joke's on you - I don't have a credit card And I've never been in debt - at least not to providers of financial services. Mate paying for a pint in the pub doesn't count
Ah, but really, the rule is quite simple. If you need credit cards to be able to finance something, cut your cards to pieces. Now.

If you have the money, no problem, the credit card is your friend.

Might sound a bit backwards, but that's how it is.

09-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #18977
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Oh .... OK.

When I go there, I see in their eyes "How can I help you?!"

But now, the more that I think about it ... maybe it's "You need help."

Still 7€ is a deal for a camera bag with FOUR flashes in it !!!!
I'm sure the Minolta flash system puts Nikon's to shame

Umm, or should that be atloniM and nokiN?
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #18978
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I tried to bring a camera to the thread, but this is the only one it would let in

Steve
My first ever K mount camera was rather like that, but with the much bigger number XR500.
09-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #18979
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Might sound a bit backwards, but that's how it is.
Yep. just like applying for a loan. You have to be able to show through sufficient income, property, cash assets, etc., that you don't actually need the money before the bank will loan it to you

09-21-2015, 12:15 PM - 2 Likes   #18980
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
If you need credit cards to be able to finance something, cut your cards to pieces. Now.
The policy my father always taught me is to never take a loan for anything cheaper than a house
09-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #18981
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Oh good lordy! Otis has got to stop that speed reading! He failed to notice that you were speaking of your adolescent daughter......16 is plenty fine for naked squirrely girls, but he has strict standards for naked and stripping human girlies. He actually prefers mid twenties...but never below 21 and drinking age. He likes to see his models mature and fully formed!
He sends his sincere apology if he offended anyone. Otis is a lot of things, but he makes it clear he is no damn pervert!

He also apologizes if it was you that was going to do the stripping.....but still wouldn't be interested in viewing .....not that there is anything wrong with that.....

You guys can see the problem with squirrels in this thread...wherever they go they cause some problem. I'm sure they mean well, but it is hardly worth putting up with their insanity.

Regards!
Sorry for the typo. Not used to using iPad. The laptop power supply is on the blink, and not blinking often enough.
09-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #18982
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Sorry for the typo. Not used to using iPad. The laptop power supply is on the blink, and not blinking often enough.
Certainly not your fault Tim, that filthy minded little rodent Otis has his mind in the gutter so deep that he sees a "key word" and assumes it is about naked girls without even reading the rest of the post. He needs to keep his eyes over in the Post Your Photos thread where he can do his "Artistic Evaluation" among those that better appreciate his perversions. But...even after I made him read it over twice, he still said he is not interested in seeing you strip...and I really can't fault him for that?

Best Regards!

09-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #18983
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep. just like applying for a loan. You have to be able to show through sufficient income, property, cash assets, etc., that you don't actually need the money before the bank will loan it to you
Yep, and the more you (don't need to) loan the less you have to pay to do so. Which is why...

The policy my father always taught me is to never take a loan for anything cheaper than a house
...this is good advice
09-21-2015, 01:20 PM - 2 Likes   #18984
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What's the saying? "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."

I looked at my credit report last week, and the biggest strikes against me were that I don't have a recent history of servicing the debts I don't have.
09-21-2015, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #18985
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

There are a few really good deals out there with 0% interest and I do often take advantage. Some as long as 18 months. If you can use the cash and turn a profit with it, then its a good opportunity to take advantage. Using other people's money is a good way to get ahead if you have something that is a surefire money maker. You have to be careful that you a can meet the deadline for repayment, or the interest will be awesome high, but otherwise it is a deal I have used often when offered.
Bought a motorcylce from a guy in a tight bind... cops were on him big time for unpaid tickets and he was only days away from jail. Got it for $8K borrowed cash and sold it a month later for $12.5K and never touched my own cash. Spent about $400 in it for some minor service and cosmetics, so it worked out well. It is a gambling proposition, but if you know what you are doing you can come out way ahead. I've missed better deals because I was not knowledgeable enough to trust my judgment.

Regards!
09-21-2015, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #18986
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Hey!

I have one of those. My first SLR.
I guess we know where your loyalties lie!!!

Steve

(...mine was a Singlex )
09-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #18987
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
yhW ton ... atloniM ... neves oruE aremac gab ... tfirht erots
I want the light meter at lower right.

Steve
09-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #18988
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
My first ever K mount camera was rather like that, but with the much bigger number XR500.
You know how it is with the hociR...higher = lower...

Steve
09-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #18989
Veteran Member

Yup. Y'all are still at it in here. Just checking.
09-22-2015, 06:00 AM - 1 Like   #18990
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

I have 75k worth of credit cards and I only use them for the rewards and pay them off. The credit card companies made a huge mistake with me. They are paying me to use their cards. I get the last laugh. They probably hate me for not paying interest, but getting cash back and rewards. I just nailed Discover for over 100 last month.