Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2015, 05:13 AM - 2 Likes   #20416
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,433
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Oh, you've made a mistake, my friend.

Welcome to the hotel California...
More like the Roach Motel. You can check in, but you can't check out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roach_Motel_(insect_trap)

10-25-2015, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #20417
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS via North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 166
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
More like the Roach Motel. You can check in, but you can't check out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roach_Motel_(insect_trap)
I went to a hot air (appropriate for a number of things here?) balloon festival this weekend to try out a new lens I picked up a few weeks back and saw several people with DSLR's slung over their shoulders and taking pictures with their cell phones. I suppose this was so they could post pictures to Face/Twitter.

Being old fashioned, perhaps because I'm a bit older, I still think it's a bit strange to see people with a perfectly good camera hanging off their shoulder whip out the phone to take pictures.

It also reminded me that I really need to update my camera from the K10D for better low light work, so I hope they come out with a new APS-c model around the same time the mystical PFFT BaaB comes out so I don't have to buy the one that shouldn't be named here.
10-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #20418
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
I went to a hot air (appropriate for a number of things here?) balloon festival this weekend to try out a new lens I picked up a few weeks back and saw several people with DSLR's slung over their shoulders and taking pictures with their cell phones. I suppose this was so they could post pictures to Face/Twitter.

Being old fashioned, perhaps because I'm a bit older, I still think it's a bit strange to see people with a perfectly good camera hanging off their shoulder whip out the phone to take pictures.

It also reminded me that I really need to update my camera from the K10D for better low light work, so I hope they come out with a new APS-c model around the same time the mystical PFFT BaaB comes out so I don't have to buy the one that shouldn't be named here.
Did you just make a camera/photography related post?! You came to the wrong neighbourhood, mate.

But on the talk of hot air ballooning - I summited Ben Nevis today, and the air that blew in my face was not hot. It was cold. And 50 mph fast. And it carried with it bits of hail and lush for a free facial scrub. I had to pull up my jacket's collar and put on ski googles to decline the offer.
10-25-2015, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #20419
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS via North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 166
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Did you just make a camera/photography related post?! You came to the wrong neighbourhood, mate.

But on the talk of hot air ballooning - I summited Ben Nevis today, and the air that blew in my face was not hot. It was cold. And 50 mph fast. And it carried with it bits of hail and lush for a free facial scrub. I had to pull up my jacket's collar and put on ski googles to decline the offer.
Nope. It was a commentary about people and cell phones and being old. Not in any particular order. I do NOT want to have to go back and reread all these posts from the beginning.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it (until I can think of a better one).

10-25-2015, 09:29 PM - 1 Like   #20420
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,960
QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
Nope. It was a commentary about people and cell phones and being old. Not in any particular order. I do NOT want to have to go back and reread all these posts from the beginning.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it (until I can think of a better one).


Guys like you, Parallax, Rupert, Ex Finn and I (and probably a few others) have other, more important things to deal with.


Like this:


10-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #20421
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,812
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I think Mark just beat himself in the rugby world cup. He probably needs at least a couple of drinks to sort that one out...
LOL. Yes, I'm a winner alright!
10-25-2015, 10:28 PM   #20422
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wangaratta, Victoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,245
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yes, I'm a winner alright
...until the final! (?)
10-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #20423
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,161
Eagerly awaiting the final. It is a must win. For green and gold. The absence of colour must not win.

10-26-2015, 12:17 AM   #20424
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,365
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Eagerly awaiting the final. It is a must win. For green and gold. The absence of colour must not win.
I'm not even entertaining a win, just happy if it isn't a shellacking.
10-26-2015, 02:31 AM   #20425
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,812
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
...until the final! (?)
I'll be a winner after the final too.
10-26-2015, 02:32 AM   #20426
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,812
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Eagerly awaiting the final. It is a must win. For green and gold. The absence of colour must not win.
Did I hear you say Bledisloe Cup???
10-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #20427
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,812
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
...just happy if it isn't a shellacking.
There's a term I've not heard used in some time!
10-26-2015, 02:49 AM   #20428
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,812
I was out playing with the K-5 and the 50mm F1.7 this afternoon.
Still a great old lens. See Clematis flower by pentaxianspentax on DeviantArt
10-26-2015, 03:53 AM   #20429
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,365
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I was out playing with the K-5 and the 50mm F1.7 this afternoon.
Still a great old lens. See Clematis flower by pentaxianspentax on DeviantArt
I've signed up for The Travelling Fifty. Looking forward to using one.
10-26-2015, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #20430
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
What's this? Photography talk?!

Bring out the bacon!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top