Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2015, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #20491
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,457
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Kum ba yah
Not very "international", that image ... no French whine.

10-28-2015, 11:13 AM   #20492
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,360
Sometimes forgotten as a gourmet snack.....it has all the essentials in the mystery meat.
Name:  DSCF2055-700A.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  351.4 KB

Regards!
10-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #20493
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,388
As a kid I hated corn dogs. (yeah, yeah, that was a long time ago) Now I love them; particularly State Fair brand.
10-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #20494
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,131
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
If you use the BABYMETAL workout, you can eat all the chocolate you want!

Warning: contains BABYMETAL, a Japanese Idol/speedmetal band. Yes, that's a thing, apparently.
BABYMETAL - Gimme chocolate!!
So Japanese. Reminds me of playing a CD I had, back in the says of CDs, to one of my friends. He said listening to it made him feel hot, as in overwhelmed by high temperature.

10-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #20495
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,951
All this talk of food (and "food"). No time for that now. Working waaaay too long hours, just to return home completely knackered and start packing. Packing is no fun.

I suppose as long as I remember bringing my passport and at least one credit card, as well as some camera gear, everything else can be sorted out later.

Well, as long as I don't happen to have a toothpick (or some other equally deadly weapon) in my carry-on, that is. Then they'll never let me out of Heathrow

Why hasn't anyone invented a teleporter yet?!
10-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #20496
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,131
Heathrow, well, guv, hope they do not give you a holiday in the government's hotel.
10-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #20497
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,951
I know. This time I'm just happy I don't have to change terminals. I don't have that much time on the way out. That said, last time I had a too-short transfer time they had people waiting to escort us past the lines when we arrived, so it's not all bad. And finding your way around is quite easy. One of the worst airports I have been to in that regard is Frankfurt. Yep, the one in Germany. I can't believe how it's possible for that most orderly of all peoples to make a big airport with next to nothing to show you where to go. Even the people at the info kiosks struggle to find out where you should go. Even CdG, Paris is better.

Except for the fact that I will never fly Air France again. Ever. Nor will anyone in my family if they expect to inherit anything after me.

Yeah, I might have mentioned it before. If not, I will now: I will never, ever fly Air France again. Not if they paid me. I'd rather swim, thank you very much.

Last year I paid several hundred bucks extra to avoid them. Even though it meant including an extra hop and several hours longer travelling time.
10-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #20498
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,296
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Sometimes forgotten as a gourmet snack.....it has all the essentials in the mystery meat.
Attachment 286660

Regards!
Someone put a bunch of yellow stuff on your corn dogs.

---------- Post added 10-28-15 at 01:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Fae ancestry will cover a multitude of ills. As for the extraterrestrial part, I think those of us involved had best keep it quiet.


Steve


10-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #20499
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,131
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I know. This time I'm just happy I don't have to change terminals. I don't have that much time on the way out. That said, last time I had a too-short transfer time they had people waiting to escort us past the lines when we arrived, so it's not all bad. And finding your way around is quite easy. One of the worst airports I have been to in that regard is Frankfurt. Yep, the one in Germany. I can't believe how it's possible for that most orderly of all peoples to make a big airport with next to nothing to show you where to go. Even the people at the info kiosks struggle to find out where you should go. Even CdG, Paris is better.

Except for the fact that I will never fly Air France again. Ever. Nor will anyone in my family if they expect to inherit anything after me.

Yeah, I might have mentioned it before. If not, I will now: I will never, ever fly Air France again. Not if they paid me. I'd rather swim, thank you very much.

Last year I paid several hundred bucks extra to avoid them. Even though it meant including an extra hop and several hours longer travelling time.
I last went through CDG in 2004 and on Air France. On the way to Toulouse I saw the terminal which fell down. The tarmac was covered with broken concrete. Sitting in the AF plane I looked out and it appeared the wing had duct tape on it and the luggage loader was reading his instruction manual to work out how to load the luggage! Inspires confidence?

On the way back my flight from regional France pulled up out in the field and three buses came. One filled up and drove off to the terminal. The other two just sat and watched the passengers standing in the cool morning, and made us wait the 20 minutes for the first bus to come back for us. Why did they come out for the spectator sport? Clearly trade union militantism at its worst.
10-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #20500
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,951
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I last went through CDG in 2004 and on Air France. On the way to Toulouse I saw the terminal which fell down. The tarmac was covered with broken concrete. Sitting in the AF plane I looked out and it appeared the wing had duct tape on it and the luggage loader was reading his instruction manual to work out how to load the luggage! Inspires confidence?

On the way back my flight from regional France pulled up out in the field and three buses came. One filled up and drove off to the terminal. The other two just sat and watched the passengers standing in the cool morning, and made us wait the 20 minutes for the first bus to come back for us. Why did they come out for the spectator sport? Clearly trade union militantism at its worst.
All that I could live with. And that they lost my luggage (and several others' arriving over the next two days). And that they got delayed so I missed my connecting flight - such things happen. And I can sort of accept that they made a mistake and forgot to give me back the luggage tags when issuing new tickets for another flight 6 hours later, causing a lot of headache when the luggage got lost. And maybe even that they kept my return tickets, too. Mistakes can be made.

But that they not only made me pay to issue replacement tickets, but also refused to do so unless I could present a police statement confirming that I had lost my tickets - and in the process bribing the police to issue the false statement - that I can't forgive them.
10-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #20501
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,769
Wow! 12 hours no post?!?!?
10-29-2015, 01:39 AM   #20502
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,951
Oh, sorry, seems my little rant scared people more than the hociR ever did

But the airline that shan't be named does that to me. I suppose you could call it "air rage"
10-29-2015, 03:13 AM   #20503
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Well, as long as I don't happen to have a toothpick (or some other equally deadly weapon) in my carry-on, that is. Then they'll never let me out of Heathrow
Last time I flew out of Edinburgh I realised right at the security check that I had my Swiss officer knife in my pocket. Thought "Alright, that's it then, I'll finally lose it.". Made a sad face, handed it to the security guy, he had a five second look at it, extended some tools, then put it in the tray and said it's perfectly fine

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
One of the worst airports I have been to in that regard is Frankfurt. Yep, the one in Germany. I can't believe how it's possible for that most orderly of all peoples to make a big airport with next to nothing to show you where to go. Even the people at the info kiosks struggle to find out where you should go. Even CdG, Paris is better.
Mh, weird. I've always found Frankfurt rather straightforward. Try Berlin Tegel - it's famous for its design. Due to the main terminal's hexagonal shape, the walking distances between the terminal entrance/exit and the plane are sometimes as short as 30 m (including check-in, security etc. in between)!

But my favourite one is probably Lungi, Freetown. You're greeted by burnt out plane wrecks on the airfield, and try to get out of the terminal very quickly for fear of it collapsing onto you
10-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #20504
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,131
In 2004 there really was a terminal at CDG which did collapse. The concrete chunks were all over the parking space for the planes. Maybe the builders did not read their instruction manual while building it.
10-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #20505
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,951
I like the smaller international airports. Things usually go much smoother there. And security can be a bit more reasonable. Ok, sometimes maybe a bit too reasonable, such as when I set off the detector, but nobody seemed to care. Then I noticed that the thing beeped every time someone passed through. And nobody seemed to care

Most airports I've been to have been in quite good shape. Even CdG didn't fall apart when I was there...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top