Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #21196
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
@Parallax, why is your emoticon undergoing user familiarization with the K-01?
There was a red brick ... ?

12-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #21197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
PETNAX is mooed!
Hey! That's what they do to us at work!
12-01-2015, 01:49 PM   #21198
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
There was a red brick ... ?
Legend (aka Marc Newson's "Works" album) claims that there was a pink or maybe Newson orange prototype. I've only seen a screencap of a video of him thumbing through the book. None of the university libraries around here has a copy of the book, and no one will give me a measly thousand dollars to buy it (six grand for the 'limited' edition, which probably isn't even weather-sealed).

Last edited by THoog; 12-01-2015 at 02:36 PM.
12-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #21199
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Not so fast Shirley.
...or was that Jane?

12-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #21200
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Complicated calculations in their heads?
Slide rules on the ground.

Steve
12-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #21201
Site Supporter

Simply the best overacting done by man!!
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
He was at one point a Shakespearean actor, which I find incredible.
He was in a couple of Twilight Zone episodes ("Nick of Time" and the classic "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet") and pretty much played himself in both.

Steve
12-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #21202
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
and the classic "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
To be honest, his work on "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" was pretty good, though he did have Rod Serling's help.

Steve
12-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #21203
Site Supporter

OK ... so what's a "SRL" anyway
Single Rens Leflex silly

The transposition is fairly understandable and not that uncommon. Still though, you would think that someone would have fixed it by now.

Steve

12-01-2015, 04:33 PM - 4 Likes   #21204
Veteran Member

I just had the joy of climbing under a mobile home to clear a sewer line! During the process i was assaulted by sewage!! Now after a very long, hot and soap filled shower, I need cheese, bacon and CANDY!!

Penance for starting the whole catheter conversation I'll bet!
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #21205
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now after a very long, hot and soap filled shower, I need cheese, bacon and CANDY!!
After a day like that, that's what I would have. Right after I had a couple of stiff drinks.
12-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #21206
Loyal Site Supporter

Penance for starting the whole catheter conversation I'll bet!
Where's RacerX? I said his punishment was harsh, but this counts, too. I'd say you are forgiven. I'll even throw in one free pass.

I was going out to jog on a cold, wet, nasty morning, and as I passed the dog-walk area, the maintenance guy was removing the bag from the "put your dog waste here" bin. It was full of rainwater as well as whatsit, and of course it burst, spraying cold, liquid dog#### all over him. I had to think that no matter what happened to me that day, I was having a freakin' wonderful day.
12-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #21207
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, at least that Shirley-thing is over with for now ...

fixed
12-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #21208
Veteran Member

I was going out to jog on a cold, wet, nasty morning, and as I passed the dog-walk area, the maintenance guy was removing the bag from the "put your dog waste here" bin. It was full of rainwater as well as whatsit, and of course it burst, spraying cold, liquid dog#### all over him. I had to think that no matter what happened to me that day, I was having a freakin' wonderful day.

Bob realized that very day he wanted an office job!
12-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #21209
Loyal Site Supporter

There is a slightly bright spot to the story, in that after my run, I saw him in different clothes kissing a lady goodbye as she got into a car with a plastic bag. So at least he had someone to bring him clean clothes at work (presumably while he got a shower).
12-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #21210
Pentaxian

It was full of rainwater as well as whatsit, and of course it burst, spraying cold, liquid dog#### all over him. I had to think that no matter what happened to me that day, I was having a freakin' wonderful day.
That is disguuusting.

QuoteQuote:
I was going out to jog on a cold, wet, nasty morning ...
I usually run at midnight, yesterday it was about -1C and I almost slipped several times. But there is this really peculiar weather phenomenon here in Dundee that very rarely in late autumn/early winter instead of falling, the temperature rises after sunset. Today at 7 pm the temperature was 4C, when I walked home from a mountain safety lecture with my mates we were hit by some sort of weird warm wind on campus. Not 'warm warm', but much warmer than the other gales. First we thought it must've been some building's exhaust port, but there was nothing around and it went on for a couple of minutes. When I left the house about an hour later at 10 pm for some late night shopping the temperature had risen to 12C and I took off my jacket!

Tried to google the reason but couldn't find anything. Anyone here able to explain this mystery? It seems to be linked to the wind (it picked up from about 5 mph at 7 pm to about 15 mph at 10 pm), but how?