Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #21766
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Is there such thing as a "Figment Newton" ?
I'm not sure, but if you drop a Fig Newton on the floor you get a

wait for it

wait

fragmented Newton

Sorry.................................

"Fig Newtons and Scotch. They're great when you dunk 'em" ~Col Sherman Potter

12-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #21767
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
...or have such disdain and repulsion at the sight of little furry squirrels? Maybe it is just fear?
Maybe it's because they're nuts.
12-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #21768
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Maybe it's because they're nuts.
Maybe it's because they're rodents.

One was ripping up a sheet on our porch for nesting material, we went out and cut pieces off it for him, he was having such a hard time. But the number of times they've destroy stuff we actually wanted makes us always suspicious. Our current feeder location keeps them mostly away from the house and we like it that way. Nothing irrational about it at all.
12-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #21769
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Maybe it's because they're rodents.
Rodent......I don't think that pleased Otis...sort of hurt his tender feelings......we all know how tender Otis' feelings are.

...anyhow, he does appreciate you sacrificing your porch decking for a squirrel that needs a happy winter home.....so he says he will overlook the "rodent" comment.

Regards!

12-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #21770
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's just a bad part of town. I try to stay away from there. Hopefully, when they have a real camera to talk about, the bad element will be muffled by actual productive threads.
Obviously, you don't need to be asleep to dream.
12-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #21771
Pentaxian

Once the Pentax FF comes out, a lot of folks are going to lose the props they use to hold up their egos.

Especially since the FF clubs are going to fill up with people shooting all Pentax gear, and they are left being the non-Pentax shooters on a Pentax forum.

But with the release of the 645z, and the larger number of 645D and Z shooters that has already happened to a degree. The old , "I'm going over to the Pentax forum and brag about the stuff I own, because it's better than the stuff they own" thing, will be largely gone. It has always been a unique feature of this forum, I've never seen it anywhere else.
12-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #21772
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Obviously, you don't need to be asleep to dream.
Maybe 'muffled' is the wrong word. Diluted? I expect there will be plenty of newbs asking "is it worth upgrading?" and "what the *NEXT* FF should be" threads to keep the FFFaithful busy, but at present, the FF forum completely lacks the threads that make up the bulk of the forums for bodies that actually exist - the "how do I", "found a problem", "first impressions" threads.

12-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #21773
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Especially since the FF clubs are going to fill up with people shooting all Pentax gear, and they are left being the non-Pentax shooters on a Pentax forum.
They'll just move over to the mirrorless forum full-time, to gripe about the lack of a FF-EVF-new-mount-but-somehow-still-K-mount-MILC.

Do these guys hang out at their local equivalent of CharGrill (small local burger chain, MUCH better burgers than the bigs), continuously proclaiming the superiority of tacos and complaining about the lack of tacos on the menu, and accusing the people who like the burgers of having an anti-taco bias?
12-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #21774
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do these guys hang out at their local equivalent of CharGrill (small local burger chain, MUCH better burgers than the bigs), continuously proclaiming the superiority of tacos and complaining about the lack of tacos on the menu, and accusing the people who like the burgers of having an anti-taco bias?

If they did they'd debate whether the original one on Hillsbourgh Street is better than the newer one on Edwards Mill road between expounding on why 'Pentax is Doomed!'.
12-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #21775
Pentaxian

Late 2015 Spring 2016

F(F) psychos ... "happy" now only to be crying later ... or maybe vice-versa?!
12-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #21776
Pentaxian

Breaking news from the web ... the new FF sensor will be square !

12-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #21777
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
If they did they'd debate whether the original one on Hillsbourgh Street is better than the newer one on Edwards Mill road between expounding on why 'Pentax is Doomed!'.
Yeah, and that argument is going to heavily influenced by nostalgia. Hillsborough is easier to get to if you are on campus, but it's ONLY easy to get to if you are on campus. Edwards Mill gets more of my money, but if I want to sit down and eat, I'll go to one of the locations with inside seating.
12-18-2015, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #21778
Veteran Member

I hate to interrupt such important conversation here....but Moments ago as I sat here in my comfort a loud thud hit one of my office windows and as I looked up, a hawk had apparently snatched a poor little squirrel off the cedar fence, and was going so fast he collided into my window. He quickly recovered and took off with the poor little critter still struggling in the grasp of those big sharp talons. It was a horrific sight to see, and put a damper on my good mood today.

Otis just appeared moments ago and asked if you guys will give a moment of silence in memory of an Army Squirrel that gave the ultimate sacrifice so others...like Otis, might live and reproduce by the billions.

Now...a moment of silence as Otis crosses his little heart and says a squirrely prayer for the fallen.

Stay strong Otis, we've got your back!
12-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #21779
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do we need to sing 'Circle of Life'?
12-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #21780
Veteran Member

Do we need to sing 'Circle of Life'?
Otis would appreciate it, no doubt. You start it and I'll just hum along, my singing is not all that good. Others can join in, and maybe someone here has a guitar or violin?
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »