Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #21781
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
PS: Thanks a lot, Joel. When it rains, the phone switch occasionally decides to call 911 from my number (I don't even have a handset on that line any more). It rained all yesterday and last night, so I had a young female police officer knocking on my door as I was blasting 'Wang Dang Sweet...' on my speakers.

12-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #21782
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis crosses his little heart and says a squirrely prayer for the fallen.
Looks more like a Fred Sanford moment to me "I'm comin to meet ya Elizabeth!!" Maybe the near miss got him flustered.
12-18-2015, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #21783
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Looks more like a Fred Sanford moment to me "I'm comin to meet ya Elizabeth!!" Maybe the near miss got him flustered.
Might have given him a touch of angina. He just needs a little nitro. Maybe some O2.
12-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #21784
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just spoke to one of the local Eastern Gray Squirrels, and in her honor, they are going to bark at nothing for two hours straight.

Last edited by THoog; 12-18-2015 at 02:16 PM.
12-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #21785
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Might have given him a touch of angina. He just needs a little nitro. Maybe some O2.
I just spoke to one of the local Eastern Gray Squirrels, and in her honor, they are going to bark at nothing for two hours straight.
Otis is fine.....he fears nothing, and his little heart is solid. He does appreciate the Gray Squirrels honoring the dead, and sends his regards.

I did overhear him barking orders to his agents to find that hawks nest and devour the young no matter how many squirrels had to sacrifice to do it. It's not good to mess with Otis......my destroyed Jeep wiring was proof of his unrelenting vengeance.

His Christmas shopping will be interrupted so he can start on reproducing hundreds of replacements for the sacrificed warrior. So if you were expecting a gift, it may not happen this year.

Regards & Thanks to all for the moment of silence!
12-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #21786
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Breaking news from the web ... the new FF sensor will be square !
Will it be oriented at 45 degrees like that? 'cause that would be awesome.
12-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #21787
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BTW, we've cut Alphabet Race's lead to 1650 posts. Hear that gasping and wheezing, AR? It's The Thread, and we're lumbering up behind you...

12-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #21788
Site Supporter

Will it be oriented at 45 degrees like that? 'cause that would be awesome.
Yes, nice & artsy for the natural light portraiture set. But the landscapers will be all torked.
12-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #21789
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis would appreciate it, no doubt. You start it and I'll just hum along, my singing is not all that good. Others can join in, and maybe someone here has a guitar or violin?
Bagpipe?
12-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #21790
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Bagpipe?
Or if not a whole set of pipes, at least a chanter.
12-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #21791
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Maybe some O2.
Ok can't stop laughing at the mental picture of a squirrel with an oxygen mask on!!

start on reproducing hundreds of replacements for the sacrificed warrior
any excuse!
12-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #21792
Veteran Member

Otis says I failed to mention that's a damn fine shot of a very handsome squirrel! He appreciates it, even in his grief.

Otis is in his commander mode now....No Fly lists for hawks,owls, and other raptors....No Fly zones...looks like some serious stuff around here!

Regards!
12-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #21793
Pentaxian

Otis says I failed to mention that's a damn fine shot of a very handsome squirrel! He appreciates it, even in his grief.

Otis is in his commander mode now....No Fly lists for hawks,owls, and other raptors....No Fly zones...looks like some serious stuff around here!

Regards!
Sounds like he's a little embarrassed he go caught snoozing when it mattered.
12-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #21794
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, and that argument is going to heavily influenced by nostalgia. Hillsborough is easier to get to if you are on campus, but it's ONLY easy to get to if you are on campus. Edwards Mill gets more of my money, but if I want to sit down and eat, I'll go to one of the locations with inside seating.
I'm headed back to Raleigh for a week so I'll have to try both again. I agree on nostalgia, I've been going to the one downtown since 1973, so there are quite a few fond memories there.
12-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #21795
Veteran Member

I'd kinda like to get off the squirrels and back to Velveeta and bacon.......but Otis wanted me to post this for his friends here:

There will be a Memorial Service on Sunday for the Army Squirrel that was brutally murdered by that hawk. You guys are all invited by Otis......admission is $12 US......with all proceeds going to the little blind orphan squirrels...and Otis' winter trip to the Caribbean.

Regards!