Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #22006

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Neither is surströmming. It's a chemical weapon.

One wouldn't want to try and take it as carry on for a flight somewhere, huh?

12-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #22007

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I think the Post Office is crowdsourcing delivery now - I had a package for a neighbor leaning against my door, so I took it the rest of the way. If they get it close, right?

If it looks like something good, I'll keep it.

If it is mail order catheters I'll make sure it doesn't stay here, but try to get it to whoever it was supposed to. I mean, really, I have no use for catheters, and hope I never do!
12-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #22008

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We're having the same problem. Ham was in Masterton this moring at 08h09. Then, back to Palmerston North by 10h30. When I queried why it was not delivered today, I was told the couriers had decided the town courier driver could not deliver - we are (according to them) rural delivery so it had to go back to depot to be reasigned to the rural deliveries. Supposedly, it will be delivered tomorrow morning. Intersting that we're not rural... We are within the town boundary. Go figure.

Then the rural carrier will say it should be handled by the town carrier, who will bounce it back to the rural carrier, who will . . . . . . . and you may never see that ham.
12-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #22009

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Your Honor, I think he misunderstood what I said. I didn't say "I actually like Velveeta, but I'll deny it if you post that". What I said was "I can't deny that Velveeta actually tastes like a post".

So.

You have eaten this vile creation then?

12-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #22010

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm hungry, my stomach is growling. But two problems. I'm trying to sleep for work tonight. And I have a miserable sinus/head/cold thing.

Sorry to read you are under the weather Amy. I trust you are feeling better now!

So, I can't taste anything. I don't want anything. But my stomach is positively convinced we should be eating.

We?

You got a mouse in your pocket?
12-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #22011

Well then.

All caught up, for the moment at least. And hey, I managed to do my part at filling this thread with meaningless drivel, er, I mean valuable and otherwise unavailable knowledge.

Just look back at the last 3 or 4 pages.

I'll be famous!

Of course Mrs. Racer is passed off at me now for fiddling about on the internets on Christmas day, but she'll get over it.
12-25-2015, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #22012
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sorry to read you are under the weather Amy. I trust you are feeling better now!

We?

You got a mouse in your pocket?
A dog under my feet...
12-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #22013
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A dog under my feet...
Better than a cat on your head!

12-26-2015, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #22014
Pentaxian

I thought you didn't eat meat?
Not on 362 days of the year On very special occasions when people have gone to great lengths to prepare something delicious for me I feel I cannot really refuse. Like that day my best friend, who's from Malaysia, spent hours in the kitchen to make the national dish for his flatmate and me. Heavily meat based, I couldn't really leave it out Same with this year's Christmas dinner which my grandmother prepared.
12-26-2015, 04:57 AM   #22015
Loyal Site Supporter

Nope. Still positively miserable.
12-26-2015, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #22016
Pentaxian

It's Christmas, supposed to be winter, and here I am sitting in Germany in a t-shirt at 14°C. All I have left is the memory of snow of Christmas 2009 when my family and my grandparents rented a hut in Gålå, Norway. That was the most wonderful winter wonderland I ever saw, with the mercury occasionally dropping to -30°C. That Christmas I got a digital camera for a present - the beginning of a love affair The two weeks after we got loads of snow in my German hometown I was living in Ghana and Australia.

Last edited by FantasticMrFox; 12-26-2015 at 08:48 AM.
12-26-2015, 06:44 AM   #22017
Loyal Site Supporter

Nope. Still positively miserable.
Poor thing. You've tried irrigating with warm saline?

I developed a splitting headache at my parents' house last night (for once, NOT caused by my brother ). I think it was just because I hadn't had any caffeine all day, but that bothers me - while I've worked my way up to three mugs of black tea a day, that third mug of tea was supposed to be by choice, not necessity. (First and second, too, for that matter.)
12-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #22018
Loyal Site Supporter

Originally posted by Parallax Quote
Your Honor, I think he misunderstood what I said. I didn't say "I actually like Velveeta, but I'll deny it if you post that". What I said was "I can't deny that Velveeta actually tastes like a post".
The digital recording doesn't lie. Best you you go on and not mention it again, or Otis will post your unmistakable voice recording here for all to hear. He has already prepared one of his famous awards for those caught.......are you sure you want the first one?

Long live Velveeta!!(Shelf life 100+years!) and irresistible, even to the naysayers!

Regards!
12-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #22019
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
It's Christmas, supposed to be winter, and here I am sitting in Germany in a t-shirt at 14°C. All I have left is the memory of snow of Christmas 2009 when my family and my grandparents rented a hut in Gålå, Norway. That was the most wonderful winter wonderland I ever saw, with the mercury occasionally dropping to -30°C. That Christmas I got a digital camera for a present - the beginning of a love affair The two weeks after we got loads of snow in my German hometown I was living in Ghana and Australia.

I just had my first Christmas in England. So warm it was like the coldest I remember in Australia. It did rain, which I have also seen in Australia.
12-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #22020
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I just had my first Christmas in England. So warm it was like the coldest I remember in Australia. It did rain, which I have also seen in Australia.
It was 80F here in Texas ...and currently 77F and partly cloudy. True to weather history here, they are predicting snow on Monday.