Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #22021
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Nope. Still positively miserable.
Try a neti pot. Totally gross to use but works wonders for sinus trouble. I have spent my life with allergies, and it helps better than all the drugs in the world combined!
The only time it didn't work was when I got a wild hair and added a small amount of listerine! Won't do that again!!

12-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #22022
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It was 80F here in Texas ...and currently 77F and partly cloudy. True to weather history here, they are predicting snow on Monday.
Are you serious about the snow? That light dusting of white that shuts down any type of productivity human or machine in Texas....... lol excluding the camera wielding. Ahhh yes, cars will slide off into ditches, school buses will stay parked, more than one person will walk through town wearing shorts, flip flops, and and an insulated camo hunting jacket.
12-26-2015, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #22023
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
cars will slide off into ditches,
Waiting in excited anticipation for the annual revival of Dances with Guardrails!
12-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #22024
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://weather.com/forecast/national/news/winter-storm-goliath-forecast-snow-blizzardFrom the looks. Texas is going to get hammered with snow and ice...

12-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #22025
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
http://weather.com/forecast/national/news/winter-storm-goliath-forecast-snow-blizzardFrom the looks. Texas is going to get hammered with snow and ice...
Gross!
12-26-2015, 05:15 PM   #22026
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Named after the name of Henry's farm.
12-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #22027
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And you all in southern states have to deal with the twisters. No good.

12-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #22028
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
snow and ice...
Nice!! We are looking at 8 inches poss over a glaze of ice!! Sick as it sounds I'm kinda looking forward to it! why have a weather resistant camera if you are not gonna test it!!
12-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #22029
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
re you serious about the snow? That light dusting of white that shuts down any type of productivity human or machine in Texas....... lol excluding the camera wielding. Ahhh yes, cars will slide off into ditches, school buses will stay parked, more than one person will walk through town wearing shorts, flip flops, and and an insulated camo hunting jacket.
Take a look at the Sunbowl in El Paso, which is usually one of the warmest places in Texas. Blizzard conditions for the big game. It's coming this way too...I know because Otis just sent out invitation for Jim and Donna to come down and visit next week!

Regards!
12-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #22030
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
We are looking at 8 inches poss over a glaze of ice
A "dusting" for you all
12-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #22031
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Take a look at the Sunbowl in El Paso, which is usually one of the warmest places in Texas. Blizzard conditions for the big game. It's coming this way too...I know because Otis just sent out invitation for Jim and Donna to come down and visit next week!

Regards!
Yeah, thanks for the invite, but I'm a little busy with the 8" we just got.
Why is it that the only time the weatherman is right is when it's bad news?
Tell that little weasel that the next time we visit it won't be early Spring. We'll stay up here where it's warmer.
How's your weather in May?
12-26-2015, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #22032
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Try a neti pot. Totally gross to use but works wonders for sinus trouble. I have spent my life with allergies, and it helps better than all the drugs in the world combined!
The only time it didn't work was when I got a wild hair and added a small amount of listerine! Won't do that again!!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Having accidentally used tablespoons instead of teaspoons of salt for making saline (once - ONLY once), I have a slight idea of what that felt like. UNC's ENT department are great believers in 'aggressive' saline irrigation, which means instead of a neti pot, you use a 50cc syringe and SHOOT the stuff "forcefully" into each side. After each of my sinus surgeries, I had to do it 3-4 times a day. I made and used 8 gallons of saline solution in a month. It's kind of like waterboarding yourself - I confessed to stuff I don't remember doing.
12-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #22033
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yeah, thanks for the invite, but I'm a little busy with the 8" we just got.
Why is it that the only time the weatherman is right is when it's bad news?
Tell that little weasel that the next time we visit it won't be early Spring. We'll stay up here where it's warmer.
How's your weather in May?
May has always been safe here...except for those tornadoes...worst month of all for tornadoes.

We missed it tonight, it went just to the east of us. Pretty bad in Dallas and just north of there.
Tornadoes sweep through Dallas area; significant damage

More on the way later tonight and early tomorrow.

I heard a ruckus in the woods while ago and got out my big light...it was Otis and two of his girly friends heading for the Otis Storm Shelter....I bet there will be some rockin' in the old hollow log tonight!

Regards!
12-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #22034
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I confessed to stuff I don't remember doing.
12-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #22035
Veteran Member

Big storm coming! You know what that means? Screaming hordes of panicked people stripping grocery stores of anything edible(including Velveeta) because they might be snowed in until May!!