Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #22201
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Amy, I hope the new year is better for you than than the last couple weeks of this one.
Welp! In order for the power company to come out & reconnect, they want an electrician's inspection/certification. The electrician wants an entire new 200amp setup. So, I'm not buying a K-3 in 2016 because I'm spending its price on a power pole & an electrician. Yay me!

12-31-2015, 07:48 PM   #22202
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Welp! In order for the power company to come out & reconnect, they want an electrician's inspection/certification. The electrician wants an entire new 200amp setup. So, I'm not buying a K-3 in 2016 because I'm spending its price on a power pole & an electrician. Yay me!
Gee, Amy, it just doesn't let up, does it? <- supposed to be a smile of encouragement.

I replaced front & rear brakes and front shocks on the car today, which isn't why I won't buy a K-3, but we'll say it is and let it go at that.
12-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #22203
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ouch! That stinks! Nothing like getting slapped around by 2015 on it's way out the door!! So sorry about this!
12-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #22204
Site Supporter

I started the morning of the last day of 2015 with breakfast at Dennys in Ft. Bragg CA, then I went inland along CA 20 to Willits, then went down US 101 through Santa Rosa, San Fransisco, San Jose, and finally got off at Gilroy, took CA 152 across to Watsonville, then down CA 129 to CA 1, and into Marina CA. I ate an early dinner at a Korean restaurant, then went to the beach and watched the sun set over the Pacific for the final time of 2015 before heading back to town and checking into the hotel. So, today involved driving, redwoods, the beach, the mountains, and eating. All in all a decent day to end the year. I hope next year is awesome.

12-31-2015, 09:27 PM   #22205
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Sorry to hear that. After the valleys come the peaks, you are due for a mountain top view in 2016! Otis says to look for it, it is on its way!

Regards!

BTW- That Chihuahua Cheese on the last page sounds delicious! I'd try it! You know my motto....dead or moving slow, I'll try it...excepting Lutefish, of course!
12-31-2015, 10:03 PM   #22206
Pentaxian

We had to do that in town to the house I am living in now. We needed a few updated outlets for some room air conditioners but we the city said we had to do the new electric box and everything..... $7,000 later and totally new electric wire everywhere... The city approved it. Before the house had basically one outlet per room, like for box fan and clock or lamp, one dim light in middle of each room, enough to cast an annoying shadow over anything you were trying to see or read. It took me yrs to save enough for it all.
01-01-2016, 03:16 AM   #22207
Site Supporter

I can't complain too loudly. It's a 30+ year old trailer that is owned free & clear & it's on my mom's land, which is also owned free & clear. It just stinks that I'm sinking $700-1000 into a new pole when I'm (hopefully) buying a home in a few months.

01-01-2016, 03:42 AM   #22208
Pentaxian

This kind of thing is frustrating in housing. One thing fails, possibly a cheap thing, and you land all kinds of expense to upgrade to current standard because a simple repair of the broken thing will not be done.
01-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #22209
Pentaxian

I saw something amazing today: a coal burning steam engine driving along a public road towing a trailer full of various stuff. When I recover proper internet connection, which will be a week or two away I might put up a picture. Never saw anyone driving one before. That was in Shrivenham, England. First saw it parked outside the Prince of Wales pub.
01-01-2016, 11:15 AM   #22210
Pentaxian

Bonne année, bonne santé !

01-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #22211
Veteran Member

I can't complain too loudly. It's a 30+ year old trailer that is owned free & clear & it's on my mom's land, which is also owned free & clear. It just stinks that I'm sinking $700-1000 into a new pole when I'm (hopefully) buying a home in a few months.
Would it be an option to rent a place for a few months so you don't have to waste money fixing the pole and installing a new box?

I'm also confused why the city would require you to upgrade a mobile home to 200 amp service. Seems like overkill.
01-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #22212
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I saw something amazing today: a coal burning steam engine driving along a public road towing a trailer full of various stuff. When I recover proper internet connection, which will be a week or two away I might put up a picture. Never saw anyone driving one before. That was in Shrivenham, England. First saw it parked outside the Prince of Wales pub.
I have heard that parts of Britain might lag a bit behind...

01-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #22213
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonne année, bonne santé !

What the Frenchman said!
01-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #22214
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I have heard that parts of Britain might lag a bit behind...

Well we did need to wait an extra 9 hours for new tear to come, compared with Australia. Is that what to mean 'backward'. The other explanation is that they take pride in eccentricity - at least allegedly, as taught to me at primary school, in Australia.

Some people just like vintage and veteran vehicles. This thing could well have been around, even over 100 years.
01-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #22215
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Well we did need to wait an extra 9 hours for new tear to come, compared with Australia. Is that what to mean 'backward'. The other explanation is that they take pride in eccentricity - at least allegedly, as taught to me at primary school, in Australia.
I love British eccentricity, so let's stick to that

QuoteQuote:
Some people just like vintage and veteran vehicles. This thing could well have been around, even over 100 years.
Indeed. I like veteran vehicles, too. Anything vintage mechanical, really, just as most of the populace in here.