Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #22261
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Over the top.

The roll should always be oriented so the paper unrolls over the top and outwards, like the roll on the left.

Any other way is incorrect.
Agree 100%! Over the years, as a plumber working in many hundreds of homes, I found there to be a direct link to the type of customer you were serving by the way the TP & Paper Towels were hung. Evil vs Good is a very accurate description 90% of the time.......maybe that other 10% is cat owners that had no choice?

I could also determine financial condition by the grade of paper towels used.....and was seldom wrong.

Regards!

01-02-2016, 10:08 PM - 1 Like   #22262
Site Supporter

I thought so.

I've had two places where the setup was like yours. One was a manufactured home (a mobile really), and the other was a hobby farm, with several poles, two meters, and wires .

Sounds like standard electric utility stuff.

Yep.

Except I'm cheap and would do the work myself and save a few bucks.

Oh, and the utilities are underground from to road to the transformer, and then the house, so no mast or pole to break. What is a pain is the power and phone out on the road are overhead, so when the wind blows or snow knocks trees and branches down the power and phone get torn down.

Like this (last winter, but it happens at least once each year).

Yes, it's a 30+ year old trailer. (At 30+ years old, it's a trailer. Ain't no "mobile home" or "manufactured" nothing to it!) The reason I have to have an electrician is because the power company will not reconnect without an electrician's sign off that the 200a breaker service is wired correctly. The new pole is up and everything is ready, but the county office is closed on the weekends. Bastards! So, Monday it is!
01-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #22263
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Yes, it's a 30+ year old trailer.
Wife's grandma had a double wide built in 85. Actually really nice and well made... That is until her son got it and wrecked it! The one we deal with now, was built in 95 and is not so well made. Had to replace plumbing, roof, a/c, some electrical and a door!
Other than the power debacle, is it a comfortable place to live?
01-02-2016, 10:26 PM   #22264
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
But how will you get those coveted Only-One-Eye-in Focus™ portraits?
got it covered!

01-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #22265
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Wife's grandma had a double wide built in 85. Actually really nice and well made... That is until her son got it and wrecked it! The one we deal with now, was built in 95 and is not so well made. Had to replace plumbing, roof, a/c, some electrical and a door!
Other than the power debacle, is it a comfortable place to live?
It's not too bad. It's too small for us, which is really why I will be looking to buy a site-built house this year. After that, I'll probably do a small amount of work on it so that one of the kids can make a bachelor pad out of it during college.
01-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #22266
Pentaxian

Over the top.

The roll should always be oriented so the paper unrolls over the top and outwards, like the roll on the left.

Any other way is incorrect.
'Incorrect' - that word is too fancy.

Use the plain speak, lawyer unfriendly, word 'wrong'. Easier to say, one syllable, too.

---------- Post added 01-03-16 at 05:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I have cats. Over is good, under is evil, and it is also incorrect according to the original patent on TP.
And you must read my previous post, too.

Last edited by tim60; 01-03-2016 at 12:24 AM.
01-03-2016, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #22267
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
'Incorrect' - that word is too fancy.

Use the plain speak, lawyer unfriendly, word 'wrong'. Easier to say, one syllable, too.[COLOR="Silver"]
'Wrong' is correct!

01-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #22268
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
'Wrong' is correct!
Correct seems a bit pretentious. "Wrong is right" seems more befitting a discourse on plain speaking.
01-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #22269
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oy. My last post in March '15 was to recommend Immodium AD. Today you're talking about which way the TP should hang.

Did anyone talk about anything else in between? Anybody want to catch me up?
01-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #22270
Site Supporter

It's not too bad. It's too small for us, which is really why I will be looking to buy a site-built house this year. After that, I'll probably do a small amount of work on it so that one of the kids can make a bachelor pad out of it during college.
And I'd really rather a small townhome, but the teenagers...
01-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #22271
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Did anyone talk about anything else in between?
You'd have to read it to believe it.
01-03-2016, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #22272
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Correct seems a bit pretentious. "Wrong is right" seems more befitting a discourse on plain speaking.
Pretentious is condescending, you snob. Correct is right, and right is not quite correct when it comes to wrong.
01-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #22273
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oy. My last post in March '15 was to recommend Immodium AD. Today you're talking about which way the TP should hang.

Did anyone talk about anything else in between? Anybody want to catch me up?
No. And no.
01-03-2016, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #22274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The 4 cyl Vanguard was much more reliable and less prone to rust than the 6 cyl Vanguard. There is one of them as a gate ornament at a place near Pt Augusta at the south end of Pichi Richi Pass.
One of the joys of reading this thread such erudition

I always read this thread 'backwards' i.e. starting at last post, it's fascinating to find out what set 'topics' going only after reading numerous posts

Last edited by mohb; 01-03-2016 at 07:04 AM.
01-03-2016, 07:28 AM   #22275
Veteran Member

You'd have to read it to believe it.
Or watch Seinfeld, you'll get the same effect!

And I'd really rather a small townhome, but the teenagers...
Medium sized, no yard and LOTS of parking since you have teenagers!! Our house looks like a used car lot most of the time!

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
One of the joys of reading this thread such erudition I always read this thread 'backwards' i.e. starting at last post, it's fascinating to find out what set 'topics' going only after reading numerous posts
By George, I think he's got it!!