Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 06:01 AM   #22486
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Funny how often one ends up with spare parts after working on something!
He's not a mechanic by trade, but my niece's husband can fix pretty much anything mechanical.
He only needs tools and a box.
It's quite a sight to see him tear into something, randomly throwing parts into the box, then reassembling it without so much as a left over washer.

01-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #22487
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
He's not a mechanic by trade, but my niece's husband can fix pretty much anything mechanical.
He only needs tools and a box.
It's quite a sight to see him tear into something, randomly throwing parts into the box, then reassembling it without so much as a left over washer.
I took apart a lens 10 years ago and still find teeny tiny ball bearings on the floor in the corners every so often. The lens still works...sort of...but it makes some grinding noise and wobbles a little.

---------- Post added 01-09-16 at 11:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So, while turkey is $0.97 per pound, you're ripped off with blue pills! Here they're $67 for 8 pills. You may have to go cold turkey!
Now that is reasonable! 8 times a year would be plenty and would save me a bundle. I'd still have to pay Mrs Rupert and take her shopping, but at that price I could handle it!

Regards!
01-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #22488
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'd still have to pay Mrs Rupert and take her shopping
You have to pay her for the privilege?? Smart lady!!!
Maybe you could try one of those herbal alternatives...
01-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #22489
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Shhhhh!

01-09-2016, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #22490
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
It's not so bad, and in 50 years, I've never once asked for a refund! I'm never faced with any "headache stories" or other excuses.....open for my business 24/7...just "show me the money" is all I hear!

Could be like that guy I read about on Yahoo....

He had called 911 to report he thought his wife was dead. Asked why he thought she was dead....he responded "Well, the sex is the same as always, but the laundry and dirty dishes are piling up."

Still waiting for someone in Canada to check the prices?

Regards!
01-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #22491
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I only bought Playboy for the articles.

Yeah, me too.

Gave it up though when I realized the Playmates were young enough to be my daughters. Not that I have any daughters.

A side note here.

Playboy announced recently that they will no longer have nude women.

Pity.

The only tasteful men's magazine on the market.

An American icon.

Gone forever.
01-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #22492
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Off topic...if that is possible here?

I got a prescription for some little 'helper" pills...I am as old as dirt you know, and if you aren't there you will get there...or be stiff enough you won't need them.
Now I am not familiar with these things, and when I went to pick it up it was $400 at Walmart, the cheapest place in town.....and insurance covers zero of it.

This seems like robbery to me. I didn't buy them and will pursue other markets......are these things cheaper in Canada for 10 little tiny pills?

It's just too much for me to spend, even though I can easily afford it...it's just not a good value. Same as not owning a 645 to shoot some damn squirrels and birds.

After I pay $40. a pill and then pay Mrs Rupert $100 for her services and take her shopping, all my spending cash is gone and all I have is a few minutes or pleasure to show for it. Not a good deal...not at all! Of course, at twice a year it probably wouldn't be all that noticeable in my budget.......

Regards! Someone check out Canadian prices for me.....all the online Canadian Pharmacies are scams located in Russia.

BTW- Is this too "adult" for this thread? If so, my apology and I will stick to bacon and Velveeta.

Gotta be some way to put the lead back in your pencil Jim.

A naturopathic way perhaps?

How about acupuncture? It can fix all kinds of problems. And the tiny needles don't hurt at all. Trust me, I've had it done for chronic neck and back pain.

But if you just go ahead and cough up the $40 a pop, you can look at it like this: It now cost $140 each time. Inflation, so to speak.

01-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #22493
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

How far are you from the border of Mexico.
Not close to the border.

Closer than I am. About 6 hours to Laredo? From my remote corner of the Great Pacific Northwet the run to Tijuana Mexico takes about 21 hours of drive time.

Canuckistan is just an hour away for me. . . . .

. . . . . . but my pencil doesn't need any help.

I do go up now and again for Cuban cigars though. Quite good, and worth the trip.

01-09-2016, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #22494
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A naturopathic way perhaps?

How about acupuncture? It can fix all kinds of problems. And the tiny needles don't hurt at all. Trust me, I've had it done for chronic neck and back pain.

But if you just go ahead and cough up the $40 a pop, you can look at it like this: It now cost $140 each time. Inflation, so to speak.
This is a fairly straightforward medical condition, often caused by age, or as in my case specific medications that can reduce "abilities". Not much has proven successful as a remedy until these new drugs appeared...which in itself was quite by accident.

They do work well, but until the patents expire, the prices are going to be sky high here. May be that I will have to buckle under and pay the price.....unless it is not too late to become a Tibetan Monk?

I asked Mrs Rupert about a discount, to help offset the cost of these things.....but she said she is thinking of a price increase since I am not in her great shape and she ends up doing most of the work......so I should have kept my mouth shut...as usual.

Regards!
01-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #22495
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I asked Mrs Rupert about a discount, to help offset the cost of these things.....but she said she is thinking of a price increase since I am not in her great shape and she ends up doing most of the work......so I should have kept my mouth shut...as usual.

Regards!

It's not supposed to be work Jim, it's play.

01-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #22496
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They do work well, but until the patents expire, the prices are going to be sky high here.
I read this as "until the patients expire, the prices are going to be sky high..."

Where are my glasses?
01-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #22497
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I read this as "until the patients expire, the prices are going to be sky high..."

Where are my glasses?
Didn't your mama tell you that if you kept doing "that" you would go blind?

It's not supposed to be work Jim, it's play.
When you get my age Racer, there is work in it.....and lazy as I am I want my money's worth so I let Mrs Rupert do the work and I do the play.

When I was young I couldn't picture old sick perverts doing such things......now it seems quite natural. Frequency drops a little and some of those better positions are eliminated by creaking bones and spent muscles, but overall, it can still be done!

Regards!

---------- Post added 01-09-16 at 05:43 PM ----------

. . . . . . but my pencil doesn't need any help.
Yep, new to me to have a pencil that malfunctions. It's like reaching in your tool box and finding that your hammer has converted to a rubber mallet. It ain't gonna do much hard driving when it is all soft and spongy.

BTW
- I quit smoking years ago, but do get a craving for a big cigar every so often. Those look fantastic.....maybe I will drive up your way next spring and try one? Got a grandson's graduation in Albany Oregon next May...........

Regards!
01-09-2016, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #22498
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep, looks like we need some bacon again.
Will a bacon pear pizza do?

01-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #22499
Veteran Member

Will a bacon pear pizza do?
Never considered it...but it actually sounds pretty damn good!
01-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #22500
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
so I let Mrs Rupert do the work and I do the play.
So you are having her still dress like a cheerleader!!