Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #22591
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Makes a point for standing off to the side of the spinning chuck!
Yep, just like table saws. I have a brother in law that was drilling overhead (electrician" when his bit locked in the wood and the drill started spinning out of his control. He had the chuck taped to the cord (back before cordless drills) and it hit him in the eye. He lost one eye. Freak accidents can happen at any time. I think I'm going to hire Otis and his crew to complete the work in my shop....he could lose a hundred squirrels and never notice it!

Regards!

01-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #22592
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You can tell what type of apple it is?
Sure, it`s red and it looks delicious. It is the one that "keeps the doctor away"
01-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #22593
Pentaxian

Sure, it`s red and it looks delicious. It is the one that "keeps the doctor away"
I forgot to mention there's a Delicious apple, which is actually an apple type, so we're up to 7 types.

Last edited by normhead; 01-12-2016 at 07:15 PM.
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #22594
Site Supporter

Hah.I was the forced labor apple picker when I was about 10 or so. My great aunt had apple orchids from hell back in Finland.
You name it, she had them and I picked them to go to the juicers.

01-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #22595
Pentaxian

Hah.I was the forced labor apple picker when I was about 10 or so. My great aunt had apple orchids from hell back in Finland.
You name it, she had them and I picked them to go to the juicers.
So did she have Gala apples, over here they seem to be a more recent strain.
01-12-2016, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #22596
Forum Member

I don't care what brand is on the front of my camera. I've owned a lot of Ricoh film cameras. Immense amounts of features for the dollars.

I take pictures with my cameras. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

BTW, Canon did not always have the stature that it does now. Back when, it was definitely second and third tier to Nikon. Like Minoltas.
01-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #22597
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paulvzo Quote
I don't care what brand is on the front of my camera. I've owned a lot of Ricoh film cameras. Immense amounts of features for the dollars.

BTW, Canon did not always have the stature that it does now. Back when, it was definitely second and third tier to Nikon. Like Minoltas.
A new member, scanning and responding to thread titles, failing to notice the Satire warning, just like running a red light ... a perfect storm.

Paulvzo, you're in for a shock when you read enough of the posts to get the gist of what this one's (not) about. 😃

Quite an achievement by all concerned, actually.
01-12-2016, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #22598
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
A new member, scanning and responding to thread titles, failing to notice the Satire warning, just like running a red light ... a perfect storm.

Paulvzo, you're in for a shock when you read enough of the posts to get the gist of what this one's (not) about. 😃
There hasn't been a post like that since about page 5.

01-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #22599
Site Supporter

So did she have Gala apples, over here they seem to be a more recent strain.
No! But she did have 500 egg laying chicken that I got to go and get the egg`s from. Thank goodness for automatic feeders and watering bowls.
01-12-2016, 07:25 PM   #22600
Pentaxian

No! But she did have 500 egg laying chicken that I got to go and get the egg`s from. Thank goodness for automatic feeders and watering bowls.
Well, I'm sure you were underpaid, but hopefully you were well fed.
01-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #22601
Site Supporter

Well, I'm sure you were underpaid, but hopefully you were well fed.
I was more than well compensated. She opened my eyes to how satisfying it is to complete a task that one is assigned to.
01-12-2016, 08:09 PM   #22602
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I am oh so cautious around my table saw. It can injure you so fast and in so many ways. I don't use a blade guard, ...
Neither did I, which is why two fingers are shaped slightly differently to the others.
01-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #22603
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Done for the day...ran out of wood. No accidents to report. My project is to cover my shop ceiling with wooden pickets ...painted. It is more than I bargained for...very tedious and is going to require more effort than I wanted. When they are all up, the trim will take as long or longer than the pickets.

The shop below is in great shape after work on it last year...

The ceiling is not so easy.... The damn pickets are not all the same dimensions......they work but look uneven. I have a trim solution for that but it will require a lot of extra work .There will be three fake beams to add to the appearance and cover the middle where the pickets meet.
I'm a damn good carpenter, but I'd much rather be under a house repairing water or sewer lines...and this pays nothing!

Spent two days getting half of it covered.

Looks ugly to me, but the trim will make all the difference, and trim is what I do best.......well, I used to!

When I get all done.....whenever the hell that may be...I'll post some finished shots.

Regards!
Coming along nicely.

They say, do not show children or fools work half done. They see: not something.

As for pay. You get the pleasure of the finished shed and the value on property resale which is probably materials but not M&labour.
01-12-2016, 11:35 PM - 1 Like   #22604
Site Supporter

Food: I had a venison burger. The venison came from Russelleville, Arkansas since my relatives shoot stuff but not with Hocir's. My family went to visit and brought some back for me. Real tasty it was with grilled onions and bell pepper topping it. Not just tasty, it was excellent.
01-13-2016, 03:40 AM   #22605

QuoteOriginally posted by paulvzo Quote

Hey!

Who let this guy in here?