Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 03:16 PM   #22666
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,888
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
On white bread?
I grew up with it, I can dig it!
Perhaps it should be cross posted/referenced along with the comment I posted on the 'American English question' thread about myself having "backwoods roots" , Lol. White read is the 'go to snack' when you need something quick to fill yer belly. Ha ha and then how many different types of bread can one keep before it molds before being eaten?

01-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #22667
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,493
According to the movies, anyone carrying groceries will have a baguette sticking out of one of the grocery bags, no matter where they live. Good luck finding baguettes down at the Piggly Wiggly.
01-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #22668
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,655
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
On white bread?
I grew up with it, I can dig it!
Yep, me too; but don't forget the "Yes, I know it's stale. Just toast it and it will be fine."
Right.
"But Mom, stale bread just makes stale toast."
"Fine! Then you get nothing. "
01-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #22669
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,888
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
According to the movies, anyone carrying groceries will have a baguette sticking out of one of the grocery bags, no matter where they live. Good luck finding baguettes down at the Piggly Wiggly.
I cook by single ingredient. Like 'grandma' , chicken and dressing, meatloaf, roast and potatoes, pork and sauerkraut with gravy, fried stuff, cornbread. And the occasional loaf of white bread. Or I make my own bread. Wonder if The H.E.B. has baguettes. Might look. Lol

01-14-2016, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #22670
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,655
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
cornbread
I wish my wife could make corn bread. She won't believe me when I tell her it's not meant to be eaten with a spoon. i.e. it shouldn't disintegrate when you try to pick it up.
01-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #22671
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,493
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I cook by single ingredient. Like 'grandma' , chicken and dressing, meatloaf, roast and potatoes, pork and sauerkraut with gravy, fried stuff, cornbread. And the occasional loaf of white bread. Or I make my own bread. Wonder if The H.E.B. has baguettes. Might look. Lol
Harris Teeter probably has them - depends on the store and the day.
Publix, Lowes Foods - maybe
Food Lion, Kroger, Wal-Mart - probably not
Whole Foods - if anyone does, I'll bet they do, but only gluten-free organic free range baguettes.
01-14-2016, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #22672
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,493
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep, me too; but don't forget the "Yes, I know it's stale. Just toast it and it will be fine."
Right.
"But Mom, stale bread just makes stale toast."
"Fine! Then you get nothing. "
It's okay - just cut off the green stuff.
01-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #22673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,493
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I wish my wife could make corn bread. She won't believe me when I tell her it's not meant to be eaten with a spoon. i.e. it shouldn't disintegrate when you try to pick it up.
My grandma made thin flat white cornbread in a cast-iron skillet. She called the skillet her "spider". It belonged to her mother's mother. She willed it to my mom - was very clear that Mom had to have it. It's my job to make sure my sister's daughter gets it some day, and understands the significance.

01-14-2016, 04:11 PM - 2 Likes   #22674
Pentaxian
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,801
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Perhaps it should be cross posted/referenced along with the comment I posted on the 'American English question' thread about myself having "backwoods roots" , Lol. White read is the 'go to snack' when you need something quick to fill yer belly. Ha ha and then how many different types of bread can one keep before it molds before being eaten?
I try to eat "healthy bread" every now and again, but prefer good old gummy white bread. (bring in the food prudes)
How about some smoked pork neck bones and 'kraut with cornbread for supper?





01-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #22675
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,374
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I try to eat "healthy bread" every now and again, but prefer good old gummy white bread. (bring in the food prudes)
How about some smoked pork neck bones and 'kraut with cornbread for supper?




That looks yummy!
01-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #22676
bxf
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bxf's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lisbon area
Posts: 1,133
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I try to eat "healthy bread" every now and again, but prefer good old gummy white bread. (bring in the food prudes)
Yo, whazzup?
01-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #22677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,888
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I try to eat "healthy bread" every now and again, but prefer good old gummy white bread. (bring in the food prudes)
How about some smoked pork neck bones and 'kraut with cornbread for supper?




Mm mm wish you could put some of that through the Internet.....
01-14-2016, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #22678
Pentaxian
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,801
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Yo, whazzup?
Perhaps some of my WHITE beer bread would sway you over to the dark side.





Sorry for all the photos, I'll stop now.
01-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #22679
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,374
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Perhaps some of my WHITE beer bread would sway you over to the dark side.





Sorry for all the photos, I'll stop now.
Some great looking cooking you got going on there. Me hungry now
01-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #22680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,888
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Perhaps some of my WHITE beer bread would sway you over to the dark side.





Sorry for all the photos, I'll stop now.
That bread looks beery good!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top