Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2016, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #22756
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
There's always the satire ad from RoboCop 2
Mmmyes, still no flamethrowers. But sure, it's not too far from an idea I've had; a foothold trap that springs when a pedal is depressed (clutch or brake, either should prevent you from moving the vehicle) combined with electrified spikes in the seat. I figured the main problem with that solution (apart from preventing it from going off accidentally ) is the cost of cleaning the seat

01-18-2016, 10:53 AM   #22757
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
Nope! Go with the chimp! From a photog point of view, it just feels right!!
01-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #22758
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote


No embarrassing alarm noise.


No calls to the police.


It won't even run your battery down.


Nice.


But what about the smell of burned flesh?
01-18-2016, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #22759
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Mmmyes, still no flamethrowers.


Not exactly a flamethrower, but it is shooting fire.




01-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #22760
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
But sure, it's not too far from an idea I've had; a foothold trap that springs when a pedal is depressed (clutch or brake, either should prevent you from moving the vehicle) combined with electrified spikes in the seat. I figured the main problem with that solution (apart from preventing it from going off accidentally ) is the cost of cleaning the seat


Yes, a thorough solution, save for the leftover mess.


Kinda like the Robocop method.


Always gonna be some detritus to deal with afterwards.


Always those messy details.
01-18-2016, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #22761
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Always those messy details.
Yes, I have figured out that those are the things that keep me from getting rich. My ideas are pure genius, but there are always some messy details.

The foothold trap could be combined with filling the car with CS gas, but again, that stuff takes ages to air out. Messy details.

Another combination could be to generate a continuous sound of, say, 150 dB inside the car, foot clamped and doors locked. But I suspect that too could end up being messy. It seems people lose their bowels all too easily.

Nope, always the messy details tripping me on my way to fortune
01-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #22762
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,304
Glen Frey of the Eagles died today. I am beginning to think....

01-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #22763
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,698
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Glen Frey of the Eagles died today. I am beginning to think....
The guy was the same age as me.....

01-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #22764
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,138
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The guy was the same age as me.....
One year younger than me, two years in about two weeks.
Makes one reflect on life.
01-19-2016, 01:35 AM   #22765
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The guy was the same age as me.....

Young.


QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
One year younger than me, two years in about two weeks.

Younger still.


I'll be 60 this year.


QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Makes one reflect on life.


For sure.


Two great uncles (both in their late 80's) of mine were killed in a small plane crash a year ago last May.


My dad passed away a year ago last June.


One of my aunts went last October.


Been reflecting a lot lately.
01-19-2016, 01:51 AM   #22766
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yes, I have figured out that those are the things that keep me from getting rich. My ideas are pure genius, but there are always some messy details.

The foothold trap could be combined with filling the car with CS gas, but again, that stuff takes ages to air out. Messy details.

Another combination could be to generate a continuous sound of, say, 150 dB inside the car, foot clamped and doors locked. But I suspect that too could end up being messy. It seems people lose their bowels all too easily.

Nope, always the messy details tripping me on my way to fortune


Need to come up with a solution that completely consumes the body, leaving no trace. Turn it into fuel for the car, eh?


And no messy details.
01-19-2016, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #22767
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Need to come up with a solution that completely consumes the body, leaving no trace. Turn it into fuel for the car, eh?


And no messy details.
Are we talking about murder and hiding bodies? I've always wondered if you could just freeze dry a body and pulverise it. it'd certainly make a nice and combustible powder.
01-19-2016, 02:57 AM   #22768
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Are we talking about murder and hiding bodies?

No.


Auto theft deterrent systems.


The kind that are so completely effective by the degree of totality of the mechanism by which they prevent the theft.


I personally have always felt that auto theft should be treated the same way horse theft was in the American West of the 1800's. Horse thieves were usually hung. If you stole someone's horse you were stealing their livelihood. Same today with our cars. They have replaced the horse for transportation and most of us rely on our autos to succeed in life.


So murder? Nah.


Someone tries to take my livelihood away, I wouldn't have a problem with an anti-theft device that removes that person from the gene pool.




QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
I've always wondered if you could just freeze dry a body and pulverise it. it'd certainly make a nice and combustible powder.


I'm listening.


And so is savoche.


Seems like the solution with no messy details.




01-19-2016, 03:43 AM - 1 Like   #22769
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Need to come up with a solution that completely consumes the body, leaving no trace. Turn it into fuel for the car, eh?


And no messy details.
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
I've always wondered if you could just freeze dry a body and pulverise it. it'd certainly make a nice and combustible powder.
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'm listening.


And so is savoche.


Seems like the solution with no messy details.
Now we're talking! Combustible powder can be used for, yes, exactly, flamethrowers! Just because they are cool.

The circle is complete
01-19-2016, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #22770
amateur dirt farmer...
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,748
way too much work going on here - you guys need to find yourselves a local pig farmer.... no muss, no fuss..... and it'll become bacon!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top