Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mentioning low humor,

Variation on a Theme II: Individually Wrapped

01-20-2016, 06:34 PM - 3 Likes   #22817
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No money left for the livE hociR after buying supplies to last through the up coming snowzilla snowmageddon!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-20-2016 at 06:42 PM.
01-20-2016, 06:38 PM - 2 Likes   #22818
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
No money left for the livE hociR after buying supplies to last through the up coming snowzilla snowmageddon!
Well, there are priorities in life.
Survival is near the top. It's right behind bacon, pickled herring, and this thread.
01-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #22819
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Survival is near the top. It's right behind bacon, pickled herring, and this thread.
I get it! Only thing missing right now is pickled herring in tomato or garlic sauce.

01-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #22820
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We're already looking for French Toast ingredients and cars to burn... (this was the scene on Glenwood Avenue during the last Snowmageddon)

01-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #22821
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
We're already looking for French Toast ingredients and cars to burn... (this was the scene on Glenwood Avenue during the last Snowmageddon)
I remember that, you all got hosed by the storm.
01-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #22822
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis is bad company, real bad. He convinced me it was alright to post an obnoxious joke in the Joke Thread and now I have been locked out of the thread. I knew he lied when he said he had already run the joke by a Mod and the Mod thought it was hilarious...I'm beginning to think Otis is not trustworthy?

He also copied the joke and sent it to Mrs Rupert.......Maybe Otis wants me dead? Maybe that kid down the street with a Canon Rebel has offered him a better deal ? I'd miss Otis, but I bet I'd get over it!

Regards!
Took this long to conclude Otis is other than fully dependable and will wear responsibility for untoward effects?

---------- Post added 01-21-16 at 03:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
At least those things, when not eaten for enjoyment are also useful for survival. Dual use stuff.

01-21-2016, 01:48 AM   #22823
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Strange. I had no problems with my brand new 27" screen. That is, after all, far, far smaller than a 24' one

And why on earth haven't I invested in an IPS panel before now? It's so incredibly much better than the old 23" LCD I have used until now. I have to turn the brightness way down not to get a sunburn. The colour space is much, much bigger. The resolution makes zooming in almost needless. Editing photos on this thing is pure joy

Oops, photo related talk.

Sorry

I recently replaced the pair of NEC AccuSync 120 22" CRT monitors on my CAD workstation with a pair of 27" HP Pavilion IPS flatscreens.

What a huge difference.

I actually had to move my chair back a bit just to take it all in.

Whew!
01-21-2016, 02:39 AM   #22824
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I recently replaced the pair of NEC AccuSync 120 22" CRT monitors on my CAD workstation with a pair of 27" HP Pavilion IPS flatscreens.

What a huge difference.

I actually had to move my chair back a bit just to take it all in.

Whew!
CRT to IPS? I hear ya...

I had to turn the brightness way down to avoid a sunburn

The two 24" screens at work look so small and dull now
01-21-2016, 07:08 AM   #22825
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Took this long to conclude Otis is other than fully dependable and will wear responsibility for untoward effects?
It is hard to imagine that I have been blinded all these years, and hoodwinked....by a damn squirrel? Otis says this is just further proof that he is a lot smarter than me, and without him, I'd be too helpless to survive. If he is right, and everyone knows Otis is always right, I'm not even up to standards to mix with other humans. He says that's right too. This morning he told me....."You were most likely adopted, your Mom is no dummy, so she probably just got you as a pet.....you know, like a little hamster or parakeet."

Regards!
01-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #22826
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I remember that, you all got hosed by the storm.
Did you get anything last night? That front looked impressive all afternoon as it edged east, but it evaporated at the county line. Maybe the western part of the state got something out of it - not enough for the local news to take note.

They can't decide if the next storm will be ice-rain-ice or snow-ice-snow. We haven't had a good ice storm in awhile, so the pine trees will probably be snapping left and right. I'm seriously considering just packing the (camera) bag and going south for a couple days, rather than sit around in the dark.
01-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #22827
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

I had to turn the brightness way down to avoid a sunburn

I need to get a screen saver for my eyes to keep the new monitors from burning a permanent pattern into them. But I'm having trouble finding one that is compatible with the human operating system.

Oh, and when I do find one how will I upload it?

My body is Racer 1.0.56, and doesn't have a USB port.

Not even a 5" floppy drive or RS232 serial interface.
01-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #22828
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
They can't decide if the next storm will be ice-rain-ice or snow-ice-snow. We haven't had a good ice storm in awhile, so the pine trees will probably be snapping left and right. I'm seriously considering just packing the (camera) bag and going south for a couple days, rather than sit around in the dark.

About 4 or 5 years ago I got caught in an ice storm near Raleigh/Durham. I had spent a day running a load of Harrier Jump Jet parts from a warehouse near Kinston down to the Marine base at Cherry Point. I had spent the weekend at a truck stop on 95 Southwest of Wilson, listening to weather reports of doom and gloom. Was supposed to move 2 loads that day but by the time I had loaded and moved the first one it had started to snow and everyone was in panic mode.

I was dispatched to Ravenswood, West Virginia, so I headed for Raleigh/Durham.

Then the ice storm hit.

Everything looked like a glazed donut.

And with an empty 53 foot flatbed trailer I wasn't getting any traction, so I parked it at the Flying J, crawled into the sleeper and caught up on my beauty sleep.
01-21-2016, 12:11 PM - 3 Likes   #22829
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
01-21-2016, 12:28 PM - 2 Likes   #22830
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

This was posted by my good friend Norm.....Otis wanted his friends here to see it and remember, squirrels always have the right-of-way!