Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #2281
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I could have my own show. I'd call it Breaking Wind!!

If you keep this going, then Adam is going to be Breaking Down ...

12-29-2013, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #2282
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
You're from the US - you do have some coagulated milk-stuff, but it ain't got nuttin' to do with cheese
This isn't cheese???????????

12-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #2283
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
hey I can understand that because proper grammar punctuation and composition are largely ignored anymore particularly in the media which apparently is made up of writers and reporters who have only a passing at best familiarity with the rules of same
Well, I agree 100%. Grammar, punctuation and spelling are the keystones of civilized conversation. I don't always succeed but I try hard to type properly. I am particularly proud of once having received a 'like' from RioRico for a post with perfect grammar and spelling. He did not agree with the post but felt it deserved the like for not having any spelling or grammatical errors.

And just FYI we are having chicken enchiladas (with Monterey Jack cheese) for dinner tonight.
12-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #2284
Veteran Member

This isn't cheese???????????
Most certainly, no.

Indeed, *eek* is my reaction when seeing this photo.

12-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #2285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Well, I agree 100%. Grammar, punctuation and spelling are the keystones of civilized conversation. I don't always succeed but I try hard to type properly. I am particularly proud of once having received a 'like' from RioRico for a post with perfect grammar and spelling. He did not agree with the post but felt it deserved the like for not having any spelling or grammatical errors.

And just FYI we are having chicken enchiladas (with Monterey Jack cheese) for dinner tonight.

Still, Monterey Jack ain't cheese.....let's get this straight, if it has pasteurized milk among its ingredients, then it just ain't cheese.
12-29-2013, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #2286
Veteran Member

Most certainly, no.
That's ok. We got Zombie Burger!! Top that!!
12-29-2013, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #2287
Veteran Member

That's ok. We got Zombie Burger!! Top that!!

Made from real zombie meat?
If not, well, you're forever known as the backwaters of culinary science
12-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #2288
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I had a cheese quesadilla for dinner. Thought you should know.
I just had, as a side dish, a new variety of Kraft mac and cheese called "Garlic and Herb Alfredo". It should have been called boiled macaroni and water sauce. I did not try it to verify, but I'm pretty sure the box it came in would have had more flavor, and there was possibly more cheese in the cardboard itself than there was in the edible ( I'm using the term VERY loosely) product inside.

Of couse the worst part was the parent company had the unmitigated gall to put it's name on the product.

12-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #2289
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Still, Monterey Jack ain't cheese.....let's get this straight, if it has pasteurized milk among its ingredients, then it just ain't cheese.
That is unreasonable and a slur against the Kraft Food empire. Their products seldom contain pasteurized milk. Or even milk. Check the labels - 'modified milk ingredients' are their standard filler. What the heck are 'modified milk ingredients'? Powdered cardboard soaked in whey?
12-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #2290
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Of couse the worst part was the parent company had the unmitigated gall to put it's name on the product.
Was the name on the back?
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
That is unreasonable and a slur against the Kraft Food empire.
Just FYI but we don't buy Kraft cheese. I prefer cheese from the Tillamook County Creamery Association.
12-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #2291
bxf
Site Supporter

You're from the US - you do have some coagulated milk-stuff, but it ain't got nuttin' to do with cheese
Boom!
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #2292
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
What the heck are 'modified milk ingredients'? Powdered cardboard soaked in whey?
Are you kidding? Do you know what powdered cardboard costs? Whey, on the other hand, is a waste product of cheesemaking, so it's cheaper than having to pay someone to dispose of it.
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #2293
Veteran Member

I am very lucky! One store here stocks a lot of imported cheese at very good prices! Their parent Co. is German so we also get really good chocolate products!! I'm telling you everyone should come here!! It's food heaven!!!
12-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #2294
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I prefer cheese from the Tillamook County Creamery Association.
My dad used to bring home 5lb blocks of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar that he and the people he worked with would get on a group buy a few times a year. Great stuff!
12-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #2295
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I am very lucky! One store here stocks a lot of imported cheese at very good prices! Their parent Co. is German so we also get really good chocolate products!! I'm telling you everyone should come here!! It's food heaven!!!
I'm not so lucky. One would think that a state capital would offer some degree of refinement, fine dining, shopping, etc. WRONG! Walmart is the fanciest shopping in town, and Burger King is fine dining.