Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #23131
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Since when did South Dakota legalize it? Aren't Colorado and Washington the only two so far?
Otis says peppers are legal most everywhere on earth and you know Otis......he only gets the weather wrong, and then only if company is coming.

I have never smoked weed or indulged it it in any way. I've seen too many people I know that are potheads and have gone from regular hot headed irritable types to laid back zombies. Me and Otis like it just how we are, irritable, hot headed, and aware that we are "superior" to others.......well, Otis is superior......me...he says "not so much".

We have no problem with cold beer or a good shot of fine Cognac...for medicinal purposes. Anyhow, pot smells bad. Otis says it smells like a wet raccoon. Who would smoke a wet raccoon?

Regards!

02-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #23132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Back about 1974 while traveling around Nebraska with a local who was a good friend we were shown areas where thousands of marijuana plants grew wild.
I guess pot has some legitimate medical uses, but I suspect the vast majority sold "legally" will go to recreational use. I'm also skeptical that pot is "harmless." However, it isn't a hundredth part as dangerous as alcohol.
02-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #23133
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Marijuana is illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. It is still prohibited by Federal law.
Many states have passed laws that allow people, as far as the states are concerned, to possess, use, and grow marijuana. This has led to some confusion. Non-medical marijuana is still illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. It is still prohibited by Federal law.
Are we allowed to talk about political stuff and enforcement of existing laws? If so, I could post a load about those armed militia folk who are not breaking laws because the law makers have no authority over what they want to do unless they want to.

OTOH, this has to do with intoxicants and I guess is quite inline with the general drift of this thread. Carry on...

Steve
02-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #23134
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Many states have passed laws that allow people, as far as the states are concerned, to possess, use, and grow marijuana. This has led to some confusion. Non-medical marijuana is still illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. It is still prohibited by Federal law.

The Fed still does not recognize medicinal use either.

They simply look the other way.

02-02-2016, 02:39 PM - 1 Like   #23135
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Are we allowed to talk about political stuff and enforcement of existing laws?
No.
What the law is is simple fact. We will not get into the politics of why it is what it is, or why it should or shouldn't be what it is.
02-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #23136
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The Fed still does not recognize medicinal use either.

They simply look the other way.
I didn't think they did either, but then I came across this: Congress quietly ends federal government's ban on medical marijuana - LA Times
02-02-2016, 02:43 PM   #23137
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Back about 1974 while traveling around Nebraska with a local who was a good friend we were shown areas where thousands of marijuana plants grew wild.

Remnants of days gone by when the government subsidized hemp cultivation. The railroads planted it along the tracks. It was used to make rope and coarse fabrics, the seeds were used for their oils and in bird feed.

Hemp has little, if any THC.

Nebraska No-high.

02-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #23138
Veteran Member

That would be me, except for the suit and tie. I eat lots of fish, and sushi is fish.

And always with some rice wine.
Maybe I should re-think that hummus?
02-03-2016, 01:37 AM   #23139
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe I should re-think that hummus?

Just add to your culture and sophistication Jim.

Eat some sushi and wash it down with some hot sake. I know several very good sushi bars. Unfortunately none of them are in the Lone Star. Sure, there are a few down that way, but really good seafood is rarely found so far inland. Maybe down Galveston way, but I can't say as I have never been there.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-03-2016 at 10:20 AM.
02-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #23140
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't think they did either, but then I came across this: Congress quietly ends federal government's ban on medical marijuana - LA Times

Slipped right through, like a thief in the night.

I see the article also mentions that the Gov continued to lean on the medical dispensaries even after that little secretive change in the law.

Guess they didn't get the memo.
02-03-2016, 07:05 AM   #23141
Veteran Member

Just add to your culture and sophistication Jim.
Why are you picking on me Racer? Otis laughed so hard when he saw that "add" that he almost fell off the cedar fence.

Sure, there are a few down that way, but really good seafood is rarely found so far inland. Maybe down Galveston way, but I can't say as I have never been there.
We have a few, very few, decent seafood places around here. The best seafood I have ever eaten is about a days drive away on the coast of Louisiana on Interstate 10. It's worth the drive.

They have it all and none of it is older than the day you order it.

When Mrs Rupert places her 2nd and 3rd orders...you know it's damn fine eatin'!

Regards!

BTW- I may not be sophisticated and have "weed" culture, but I don't smell like a wet raccoon from smoking that "medicinal" herbal tonic that eventually flat lines your brain. Weed smokers lose the ability to see reality, everything looks rosy and mellow in their world. I like seeing the real world......ugly as hell and just as dangerous.
02-03-2016, 07:42 AM   #23142
Veteran Member

Mrs Rupert is complaining about my unkept appearance since I have been dedicated to my shop remodel the past few weeks....and has asked me to stay out of town and to hide myself if I do go to town and run across any of her friends.

My shop is a wreck too...and covered in a fine layer of sanding dust....but those new base cabinets are gonna look great when I get the doors made and hung!

Name:  DSCF9725-800.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  468.5 KB

Lookin' great!
Name:  DSCF9724-800.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  408.2 KB

And I have found the solution that will please Mrs Rupert....here I was thinking I would have to shave, bathe and get a haircut, when in fact all I need is a topcoat and I'll be as handsome as this guy...whoever he is? Isn't the internet wonderful! Such simple solutions at your fingertips!

One Easy Style Move That'll Make You Look Almost as Great as Ryan Reynolds

When I get that topcoat, I'll post a new selfie....you guys probably won't even recognize me...heck, I may take up modeling myself!

Regards!
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #23143
Veteran Member

When I get that topcoat, I'll post a new selfie
Let me save you the trouble.

02-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #23144
Veteran Member

One Easy Style Move That'll Make You Look Almost as Great as Ryan Reynolds
Next story down page looks much more interesting.
02-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #23145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Next story down page looks much more interesting.
Beware........"Australian model Emily Sears has a badass way of dealing with Internet creeps. She hunts the jackasses down and sends the lewd photos/messages she receives to the sender's partner."

I read it too late and now Mrs Rupert's E-mail box is full and I'm in hot water. I hope Otis will take the blame?

BTW- Thanks for that spoiler photo of the handsome guy in the topcoat......I know I can never match his handsomeness, so you have spoiled my day. No need in a selfie now, hell no need for a topcoat either, it ain't gonna help me.

Last edited by Rupert; 02-03-2016 at 09:49 AM.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »