Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #23281
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Why mountaineer in winter?
Because apparently we're a bunch of masochists who have nothing better to do on a Sunday. And in Scotland any season can turn into winter in the blink of an eye, so if we didn't mountaineer in winter, we wouldn't be mountaineering at all

02-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #23282
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Because apparently we're a bunch of masochists who have nothing better to do on a Sunday.
Might as well speak the truth.
02-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #23283
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pretty much the same.
What I bring away from this exchange: Sony shooters love Velveeta.

And probably vice versa.
02-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #23284
Site Supporter

That is, errm... Not Velveeta shooters. Bah, you would have known what I meant if you'd wanted to.

02-08-2016, 11:40 AM   #23285
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Are you saying the members of the Velveeta Party are not welcome here?
I'm sure Norm wasn't implying that. Pseudo-cheese connoisseurs are as welcome here as those who know the difference between Velveeta and actual food.
02-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #23286
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Pseudo-cheese connoisseurs are as welcome here as those who know the difference between Velveeta and actual food.
Are references to tube cheese acceptable?

Steve
02-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #23287
Pentaxian

I'm sure Norm wasn't implying that. Pseudo-cheese connoisseurs are as welcome here as those who know the difference between Velveeta and actual food.
Not to mention that we hope to open their minds to other possibilities in culinary experience. (This last sentence composed with that academic dictum in mind "If you don't know exactly what you're saying, use lots of big words.")

You gotta admit, that sounds like I'm saying something important.
02-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #23288
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Why, soitenly!
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-08-2016 at 11:59 AM.
02-08-2016, 11:51 AM - 2 Likes   #23289
Site Supporter

Alas this thread is lost and I fear that the livE hociR and his dark minions may have triumphed despite our valiant efforts. His products continue and have multiplied and those who would listen have been seduced. None take care for the fate of Tokyo, the revival of the true Pentax and its brand and maintaining the crystal Asahi.

Cheese clogs our pores and the folds of our minds. Bacon has dulled our taste and beer our discretion. Squirrels plague our dreams. The sleety storms of Scotland overwhelm us.

Steve
02-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #23290
Site Supporter

Not to mention that we hope to open their minds to other possibilities in culinary experience. (This last sentence composed with that academic dictum in mind "If you don't know exactly what you're saying, use lots of big words.")

You gotta admit, that sounds like I'm saying something important.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
02-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #23291
Pentaxian

Why, soitenly!
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
I'm not certain from the nature of this erudite but short response if you truly understand the paradigm shattering, theorem nullifying, consequences of my pontification on the all encompassing postulate in my last post.

And could someone spellcheck Velveeta for me, my spell checker refuses to acknowledge the existence of the word.
Interesting, I'm trying to ignore the existence of the substance, my spell checker doesn't believe it's word.
02-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #23292
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Absolutely....some of the finest cheese flavors in the world come out of a squeeze tube.

Thanks to FEMA and other Govt agencies that had stockpiled Velveeta, a National Catastrophe was averted last evening....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2014/02/01/che...hout-velveeta/

The Salvation Army played a role too...they delivered my Velveeta just moments before kickoff. It is estimated that 80% of all Super Bowl parties in the world served Velveeta/Rotel dip. Even the squirrels got their own supply.....they didn't eat it, for reasons unknown to me, but they did eat the boxes!

Regards!
02-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #23293
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Yeah! Whatever he said!
02-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #23294
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Yeah! Whatever he said!
I took four years of latin, you'd think I'd be able to follow something like that.

QuoteQuote:
Absolutely....some of the finest cheese flavors in the world come out of a squeeze tube.
That's debatable, what isn't debatable is that most of them don't.
02-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #23295
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not certain from the nature of this erudite but short response if you truly understand the paradigm shattering, theorem nullifying, consequences of my pontification on the all encompassing postulate in my last post.

And could someone spellcheck Velveeta for me, my spell checker refuses to acknowledge the existence of the word.
I've edited my post. That was actually in response to Steve's question regarding squeeze cheese; but you managed to slip a reply in between the two.

I know you think you understand what you think I said; but I don't believe you realize that what you understood me to say i not what I meant.