Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #23341
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
'What's That Stuff?' From Chemical and Engineering News.
Thank goodness I didn't see Provel cheese mentioned!

02-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #23342
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
^^^ mrs. monochrome just looked across the room at me because I was actually laughing at normhead's reply. *

* Quoting on an iPhone is a real PITA.
02-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #23343
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That settles it, Velveeta is not cheese, it's more like half cheese, and half undetermined other stuff that could be damn near anything.
That's a very charitable synopsis, Norm.
02-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #23344
Loyal Site Supporter

Velveeta is 51% cheese, or half cheese if you round it off.
Does that make it "che"?

Or "ese"?

Or if it's all chopped up before adulteration, maybe "eee"?

02-08-2016, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #23345
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That's a very charitable synopsis, Norm.
Ya, I'm feeling really charitable this evening, I don't know what came over me.

At our wedding Tess started her vows with "My sweet Norman", the whole assembled audience burst into fits of laughter, I'll never get over it.
02-08-2016, 08:55 PM - 2 Likes   #23346
Loyal Site Supporter

That settles it, Velveeta is not cheese, it's more like half cheese, and half undetermined other stuff that could be damn near anything.
Norm, you have missed the entire reason that Velveeta is so popular and so delicious. Unlike the stuff you eat, Kraft has gone to the trouble and expense of adding 49% "enhancers" to their wonderful cheese. Regular cheese makers just give you plain old ordinary cheese, with none of those exotic enhancers to bring out the rich flavor that is found in Velveeta.

So...in effect, you have been cheated. How can you feel good about that? I'd be angry if I paid several times as much for that "real" cheese and got none of those magical enhancers.

---------- Post added 02-08-16 at 10:14 PM ----------

You need to try some of this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0084B8Z90/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1454980789&sr=8...1eL
It's not gimmicky "let's add some capsicum to make it hotter" sauce. It's peppers, vinegar, and spices, but it will make your socks roll up and down.
It comes marked "Fire" on the box and they aren't kidding.....

If you have hemorrhoids, head straight to the ER a few hours after consuming this product....grab a tray of ice and stick it where the sun don't shine on your way there.

Honest Injun....no disrespect to Injuns, they are fine and honest people...Mrs Rupert is 1/4 Injun...that little bottle of blazing hot sauce came in that big box from Amazon. It was packed like it was nitroglycerin. I got a flash drive a few weeks ago in the same size box.....I think it would have held a thousand of them. What's up with the big boxes?
02-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #23347
Loyal Site Supporter

At our wedding Tess started her vows with "My sweet Norman", the whole assembled audience burst into fits of laughter, I'll never get over it.
At our wedding, as we descended the three steps from the Sanctuary, I stepped on her train and she SHRIEKED!!!

My Best Man said, loud enough to be heard, "Nice start to the marriage, Bub."

AAAaaannddddd . . . . . The entire congregation burst out laughing.
02-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #23348
Loyal Site Supporter

At our wedding I asked Mrs Rupert's father if he would really pull the trigger on that shotgun.......he said..."I will." I said ..."I do."

Since she was only 12, she said..."Can we go to Disneyland now?"

02-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #23349
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, no and yes sort of. No to the Velveeta part. Tabasco is a pepper but only by scientific definition.
Believe it or not, some people in these parts refer to ketchup as "hot sauce".
Is that because it is red, in the sense of colour?

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 04:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Norm, you have missed the entire reason that Velveeta is so popular and so delicious. Unlike the stuff you eat, Kraft has gone to the trouble and expense of adding 49% "enhancers" to their wonderful cheese. Regular cheese makers just give you plain old ordinary cheese, with none of those exotic enhancers to bring out the rich flavor that is found in Velveeta.

So...in effect, you have been cheated. How can you feel good about that? I'd be angry if I paid several times as much for that "real" cheese and got none of those magical enhancers.

---------- Post added 02-08-16 at 10:14 PM ----------

It comes marked "Fire" on the box and they aren't kidding.....

If you have hemorrhoids, head straight to the ER a few hours after consuming this product....grab a tray of ice and stick it where the sun don't shine on your way there.

Honest Injun....no disrespect to Injuns, they are fine and honest people...Mrs Rupert is 1/4 Injun...that little bottle of blazing hot sauce came in that big box from Amazon. It was packed like it was nitroglycerin. I got a flash drive a few weeks ago in the same size box.....I think it would have held a thousand of them. What's up with the big boxes?
That's to justify charging so much for the shipping. Or maybe that the courier guys lose small things.

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 04:53 PM ----------

Velveeta is real cheese .....but Tabasco is not real pepper. It is more like medium ketchup that is watery.
The tabasco jelly is kind of like jam.

Last edited by tim60; 02-08-2016 at 11:20 PM.
02-09-2016, 04:38 AM   #23350
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Is that a 26 incher to the right?
Yes. I like it a lot.
02-09-2016, 04:40 AM   #23351
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Total for grill and parts was about $100.
Not bad for a grill that originally went for around USD 1000.00 IIRC.
02-09-2016, 05:56 AM   #23352
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I need some serious therapy or a long vacation.
That actually makes a little sense.
02-09-2016, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #23353
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Okay, I miss this thread, of cheese and bacon, and yes, vacation!

Bacon cheeseburger! Yum!

02-09-2016, 06:30 AM   #23354
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I need some serious therapy or a long vacation.
That actually makes a little sense.
So now when you buy that expensive cheese, you are going to feel cheated that you don't get those wonderful enhancers?

I need some therapy, a vacation, maybe a new girlfriend....something. The doldrums of summer always hit me in February, and this year they hit me hard. I just can't get excited about anything, life seems meaningless, and although the weather has been very nice, the trees are still without leaves and there isn't a bloom in sight. I'm hanging on......but can't figure out why?
Therapy doesn't work for me....when you already have the answers but refuse to accept them because it is February, it is a waste of money.

Spring is only weeks away....isn't Spring fantastic for curing the doldrums!
02-09-2016, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #23355
Site Supporter

Spring is only weeks away....isn't Spring fantastic for curing the doldrums!
Not to spoil your daydreaming, but this is Leap Year, so tack another day on February.
19 with a little snow here this morning, and I have to get out in it shortly to go get my ears lowered.