Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #24211
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Kid?
That's me.
When I was his age.
But I was staring at my new 7 transistor portable battery powdered radio and thinking "How in the heck did they make something like this!"

03-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #24212
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kid?
That's me.
When I was his age.
Me too, well close...
03-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #24213
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
And there are some that work the night shift ...

Midnight Cowboy - Im Walkin Here - YouTube
Brokeback cowboy kewan's? I think I walked into the wrong thread tonight.

Steve
03-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #24214
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
How dare they!

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/seaweed-that-tastes-like-bacon-2015-7?r=US&IR=T

03-06-2016, 02:25 AM   #24215
Site Supporter

What, you'd prefer bacon that tastes like seaweed?

Never understood the point with seaweed anyway. It's weed, but you can't smoke it.

I think.
03-06-2016, 04:01 AM   #24216
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
What, you'd prefer bacon that tastes like seaweed?
Hmm ... a product aimed at half-hearted vegans ... very subversive, Savoche!

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Never understood the point with seaweed anyway. It's weed, but you can't smoke it.
Yes, at least take it out of the ocean before trying.
03-06-2016, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #24217
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Hmm ... a product aimed at half-hearted vegans ... very subversive, Savoche!
Oh. You're right. They nearly fooled me. Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yes, at least take it out of the ocean before trying.
I suppose water pipes wouldn't really do it...
03-06-2016, 06:39 AM   #24218
Site Supporter

I wonder if Rupert will commission this guy to carve a tribute to Otis when Otis, you know, goes to that big squirrel's nest in the sky.
He does do tree rats.

03-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #24219
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if Rupert will commission this guy to carve a tribute to Otis when Otis, you know, goes to that big squirrel's nest in the sky.
To the dismay of some around here.....Otis is eternal, not a mortal squirrel. But just in case, I already have it covered! Sits on top of my Pentax lens cabinet.....a constant reminder that I am at a lower level than Otis.

Name:  DSCF9811-800.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  519.1 KB

Regards!
03-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #24220
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.Otis is eternal, not a mortal squirrel.
Regards!
I suspected that.
03-06-2016, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #24221
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I suspected that.
I feared that.
03-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #24222
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL.
03-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #24223
Loyal Site Supporter

I feared that.
You are not alone!

Not bacon and eggs for Sunday breakfast...but almost as delicious, and likkity-split fast!

Aldi tuna salad and crackers with a little slice of Ghost Pepper cheese. Guarantee it will kick start your day!
Listen, I don't know what that cheese cost, but I can guarantee once it hits your taste buds, you won't care about the price. (In particular if you got it for free!) Wonderful stuff! yep....it could easily replace Velveeta, and that is no easy feat!
Name:  DSCF9812-700.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  339.8 KB

Regards!

Otis.......would you miss him? I was over at DPR a while back searching for an old friend I haven't seen in ages when I ran across a thread lamenting the absence of Festus and Otis squirrels. There were pages of replies and the vast majority were sorry to see them go......a few were not....the ratio was about 10 to 2 in squirrel favor. What is remarkable is that they have been gone from there nearly 10 years and are still freshly remembered.

The "nutty" wisdom, if you can call it wisdom, the sometimes bold...or subtle....inference that something is stupid...or someone is a little off base in Big Brain Thinking will bring back some reality in what is often a dry and cold technical conversation gone to extremes.
Sometimes worthy of a little smile....or sometimes a coffee spewer....or sometimes a blistered hiney for a trolling Jumper. Always fiercely loyal to Pentax and above all to his friends and supporters. Little thank you thoughts and a few little gifts here and there from Otis are not uncommon. He will help a friend in distress without hesitation....and his friends do likewise.

Otis is a better man than me, and he's just a damn squirrel! Would I miss him? It would be hard to live without Otis. Who would do my critical thinking....who would care if I lived or died......Yep, I'm lucky and cursed at the same time, but I wouldn't trade with anyone! When you think Rupert....you think Otis and squirrels......without them, I'd be afraid to know what you would think!
03-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #24224
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You are not alone!

Not bacon and eggs for Sunday breakfast...but almost as delicious, and likkity-split fast!

Aldi tuna salad and crackers with a little slice of Ghost Pepper cheese. Guarantee it will kick start your day!
Listen, I don't know what that cheese cost, but I can guarantee once it hits your taste buds, you won't care about the price. (In particular if you got it for free!) Wonderful stuff! yep....it could easily replace Velveeta, and that is no easy feat!
That cheese looks like the Spitfire Cheddar I bought at the covered market in Oxford Saturday a week ago. It was hot enough to be interesting. Got past that 'hot' ingredient with so little of it that it tastes bad level.
03-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #24225
Loyal Site Supporter

Hot has to leave something other than a burning mouth. Anyone can chew on a glowing charcoal, if all they want is to be tortured. Hot sauces and cheeses that have flavor...unique flavor...distinct and satisfying...that's the secret to peppers and pepper products. Some do it very nicely...some don't.
When you find the good ones it is a party in your mouth!

Regards!

Forget to mention....was reminded....kind of rudely....even a wooden Otis is damn handsome!