Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #24256
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
cute little guys, and they look talented too!
He is so cute! He doesn't need to fight, he is fully protected by chest pounding Fox Squirrels like Otis! Sure, every once in a while they devour a red squirrel, but it is just for ceremonial purposes....nothing personal.

03-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #24257
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He is so cute! He doesn't need to fight, he is fully protected by chest pounding Fox Squirrels like Otis! Sure, every once in a while they devour a red squirrel, but it is just for ceremonial purposes....nothing personal.
I did see an article last year about squirrels in Russia attacking and eating dogs. Did Otis send them over?
03-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #24258
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I did see an article last year about squirrels in Russia attacking and eating dogs. Did Otis send them over?
Yeah, it was in Pravda, and since "Pravda" means "truth", you know you can believe it...

(Seriously, that one has a smell of "urban legend" about it - all the reports seem to point to each other in a big circle, the photos accompanying the reports are of different species of squirrels, etc...)

Last edited by THoog; 03-07-2016 at 12:17 PM.
03-07-2016, 12:32 PM   #24259
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Seriously, that one has a smell of "urban legend" about it - all the reports seem to point to each other in a big circle, the photos accompanying the reports are of different species of squirrels, etc...)
Squirrels are squirrels! Any color or species is fine with Otis, he has no squirrel bias. As for the truth, the internet is full of squirrel attack stories, well documented and many with photos or video. Maybe none with people being eaten by squirrels, but when they are hungry they don't leave a trace left behind.
Otis just shrugged his shoulders when asked him if he had any ideas about this number. If he knows something, he's not talking.
By the numbers: Missing persons in the USA

He did say "we don't eat children!".

Regards!

03-07-2016, 12:39 PM   #24260
Emperor and Senpai

Does he count chipmunks and ground hogs as part of the squirrel family?
03-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #24261
Loyal Site Supporter

Does he count chipmunks and ground hogs as part of the squirrel family?
Yep, he does but they can't advance in rank above Corporal and have to eat last in line. Otherwise, they are fully accepted. Many of them are volunteers...of sorts...in his suicide squads and have served bravely. Many a transformer has been knocked out by brave chipmunks.

Regards!

Let's move on....before squirrels are once again falsely accused of "thread hijacking". It's an old wives tale that needs to be put to rest. I've never seen it, but have heard of it.
03-07-2016, 05:15 PM - 1 Like   #24262
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Today's breakfast from leftovers.
Asparagus, onion, provolone cheese omelette, topped with tri tip (beef from the sirloin) on garlic bread.

The leftovers were from yesterday's cook on my newly acquired 26" dia, Weber kettle.

If you all get tired of my grilled food shots please say so and I'll stop, since I know this thread isn't about fauxtography.
(images from my MX-1, and K-S2, don't have a k3)
Nothing wrong with food pictures. The 26 incher has some decent cooking surface to work with
03-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #24263
Loyal Site Supporter

Gotta get me some new Hot Pants!

Shocking Images Captured By Walmart Cameras - Viral Scoop

03-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #24264
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I know these people... Shocking Images Captured By Walmart Cameras - Page 21 of 56 - Viral Scoop
03-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #24265
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Every time I start thinking "people are people, just different. There's no such thing as a freak", somebody posts a link to Walmart pictures.
03-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #24266
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Every time I start thinking "people are people, just different. There's no such thing as a freak", somebody posts a link to Walmart pictures.
Aw, it's just because there are a lot of samples to draw from - kind of like people-watching in Grand Central Station. I was in two Super Wal-Marts this weekend (there were two on the way home, and the first one didn't have the thing I was looking for), and everyone looked pretty unremarkable. There were even less entire-families-dressed-in-camouflage than usual.
03-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #24267
Emperor and Senpai

Aw, it's just because there are a lot of samples to draw from - kind of like people-watching in Grand Central Station. I was in two Super Wal-Marts this weekend (there were two on the way home, and the first one didn't have the thing I was looking for), and everyone looked pretty unremarkable. There were even less entire-families-dressed-in-camouflage than usual.
You must not have been in the walmart I was in last week. It was as if every redneck stereotype was in one family, and yes, there was one on one of those carts.
03-07-2016, 09:37 PM   #24268
Loyal Site Supporter

You must not have been in the walmart I was in last week. It was as if every redneck stereotype was in one family, and yes, there was one on one of those carts.
I was a little surprised not to see a single personal mobility device. These stores were in small-to-midsize towns, and to be honest, they are not as horrible as the ones in the larger towns. It's like the managers and staff actually care or something.
03-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #24269
Loyal Site Supporter

I was a little surprised not to see a single personal mobility device.
You missed the one of the guy dragging his young son behind his motor cart? These are only a few of the ones available online...some sites have many hundreds of Wallyworld photos, and these are mild in comparison.

Not many like these in the local Walmart, but I have seen things that can make your head spin. Once saw a lady with a birdcage over her head with two parakeets in it. She went about as if she was perfectly normal....
03-08-2016, 12:43 AM   #24270
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You lost me