Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #24451
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Not exactly a rookie when it comes to noodles. I like to stay well stocked
Done some Velveeta also, just not the next level you took it to!
Damn! You've got a great chance with Chrissie, I'm envious! My bet is if anyone tries those noodles with Velveeta we will get some converts!

Regards!

03-13-2016, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #24452
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Having grown up watching dad, uncles and grandpas working on cars and trucks I always thought that type or work could only be accomplished using four letter expletives.

And consuming copious amounts of adult malted barley pops while smoking one cigarette after another.

Yep.

I know all those words.

And because I cut myself and some oil got in it I was doomed to a lifetime of fixing things.

****!

When my kids were in middle school : As my father-in-law was asking/yelling at us , over the loud car radio and air conditioner, for the oil funnel to put put oil in our car.... "I said funnel". .... "What?.... "Funnel".... "Someone moved it".... "Funnel... Da---t!.....I said Funnel!... F-U-N_D-E-L!" Soooo one of my kids stupidly yells out the car window..... "You know there's no "D" in funnel" which unleashed a tirade of cursing only heard of in the deepest parts of car mechanic garages or from army sargents .... " I don't #%^*+ care how {}#%^ funnel is %^*}{ spelled, just %^#{€£ bring me a$&@#% funnel!!!!!
03-14-2016, 06:38 AM   #24453
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Some times being multilingual can be a bit problematic. At work, I was speaking with an employee and we were talking about the "side" of something. Problem is, in Afrikaans, "side" is "kant" which is pronounced exactly the same way as a certain very rude swear word. One of the other employees was looking at us with eyes and mouth open in shock until I explained that we were not actually swearing.

Same thing happened at a junior soccer game where I was speaking to a teacher about a particular school subject he was teaching. Several parents were looking at us with unease as we were talking about the "subject" which in Afrikaans is "vak", which, I kid you not, is pronounced exactly like the word I say when I bump things of a shelf!

So, Rupert, next time you have a clumsy moment, you can always yell out "subject" and "side" in Afrikaans.
Heh. The Norwegian work for "vak" is "fag" - which is not pronounced as it would be in English...
03-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #24454
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
So, Rupert, next time you have a clumsy moment, you can always yell out "subject" and "side" in Afrikaans.
Beats the foul "dang it" I yelled out!

Just a note here this Monday morning....I normally read the news each morning on various sites, go to the Flickr Pentaxian site and check for activity (pretty slow there) and then come over to PF and roam around searching like a squirrel looking for his lost nuts.

There is always something of interest here, somewhere. Lately, I am reading the news less and less, and my disposition is greatly improved....just sayin'! We are pretty damn lucky to have this place, again, just sayin'!

Bacon is treasured, Velveeta is tolerated...kinda, and Lewdfish are not stinkin' up the place beyond reason. Squirrels roam free, and not much of anything makes sense, but still beats out the news!

Regards!

03-14-2016, 07:38 AM   #24455
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
There is always something of interest here, somewhere. Lately, I am reading the news less and less, and my disposition is greatly improved....just sayin'! We are pretty damn lucky to have this place, again, just sayin'!
Very true - on both points.

QuoteQuote:
Bacon is treasured, Velveeta is tolerated...kinda, and Lewdfish are not stinkin' up the place beyond reason. Squirrels roam free, and not much of anything makes sense, but still beats out the news!
Ah. Processed squirrels I have no problems with. Processed "cheese"... I would rather have lutefisk - at least that's served with bacon, piles of bacon. And geitost.
03-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #24456
Veteran Member

I would rather have lutefisk - at least that's served with bacon, piles of bacon. And geitost.
Could you order it and just eat the bacon...or is the lewdfish required eating?
03-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #24457
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
geitost
Had to Google that one.
Looks a hell of a lot less inviting than Velveeta, but I'd try it on some Wonder white bread.

03-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #24458
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Looks a hell of a lot less inviting than Velveeta,
Yep, it looks a little suspect? I imagine it is some of that "real" cheese stuff so looks a little flat, unlike the shiny Velveeta we love. Sometimes I forget about the wrappers on the sliced Velveeta and only after noticing the chewing time is a little long do I realize I forgot to remove the wrapper. Reckon the wrappers are digestible too? When microwaved the wrappers taste just like the Velveeta...delicious!

One is wrapped...one isn't....both nice and shiny...see what I mean?
03-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #24459
Pentaxian

Yep, it looks a little suspect? I imagine it is some of that "real" cheese stuff so looks a little flat, unlike the shiny Velveeta we love. Sometimes I forget about the wrappers on the sliced Velveeta and only after noticing the chewing time is a little long do I realize I forgot to remove the wrapper. Reckon the wrappers are digestible too? When microwaved the wrappers taste just like the Velveeta...delicious!

One is wrapped...one isn't....both nice and shiny...see what I mean?
There is sliced and wrapped Velveeta? Didn't know that.
03-14-2016, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #24460
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, it looks a little suspect?
You shouldn't judge the book by the cover. Have you tried the Programming Language Inventor or Serial Killer Quiz?
03-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #24461
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Oh so handy! Just unwrap and enjoy....or leave it in the wrapper and take your chances! I usually buy the slices, easy when steaming broccoli to just drop in a couple of slices on top of the steamed broccoli and let it melt all over the nutritious veggie!

Or, just drop by the "ice box" ( that's what they were called in the old days!) and grab a slice or two as a snack. Fast and easy!

Just barely...I remember when my Dad came home from WWII and went back to complete college at Texas A&M, we lived in a dorm for married people and we had an ice box and an ice man that delivered daily. The ice man would chip off ice for us little kids...he was a favorite on hot summer days! How times have changed!

Regards!
03-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #24462
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Sliced? It's made that way!

And I'm not kidding
03-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #24463
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

...or leave it in the wrapper and take your chances!
Improves the taste, if nothing else.
03-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #24464
Veteran Member

Improves the taste, if nothing else.
Due only to no artificial color in the wrapper.
03-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #24465
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

Mrs Rupert did crack me up at lunch when she asked if the K1, being a Pro camera, would make me a Pro?

Following this logic, when one gets a promotion in a job, they are also a "Pro".