Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #24691
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,398
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
possibly others, would enjoy this article.
What'd I tell you? He had not a word of appreciation about my appreiatin' it. I'd wish one of his wings fell off...but I'm not that kind of guy.

03-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #24692
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,963
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
What'd I tell you? He had not a word of appreciation about my appreiatin' it. I'd wish one of his wings fell off...but I'm not that kind of guy.


03-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #24693
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,153
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'd wish one of his wings fell off...but I'm not that kind of guy.
So, you're saying Racer is an angel?
03-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #24694
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,465
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Are you insinuating that Tokyo is somehow, I don't know, doomed?
Well, that's a given, being home to Pentax.

A Chinese nine-tailed fox (huli jing) is blamed for the ending of the Shang dynasty, and a Japanese one for the downfall of the Takeda clan. Interestingly, both stories involve a warlord becoming infatuated by and forcibly marrying the beautiful daughter of a defeated foe (the infatuation is blamed on the girl being possessed by a fox spirit). In modern Chinese, the term huli jing is used to mean a beautiful woman who leads a husband astray - a "homewrecker".

03-21-2016, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #24695
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,739
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Cricket batsmen are much tougher than baseballers. In cricket, if the batsman gets hit, including at that place, the batsman hurts. Nothing else happens.

In baseball the batsman gets a bonus run for being not good enough to dodge the ball, or to hit it.
Some people have never stood in front of a 90 mile an hour fast ball coming at you from 90 feet away.

If one of those guys decides to hit you, you are going to be hit. Fast has nothing to do with it. D

I was always nice to opposing pitchers.

When they came up to bat I'd be all "Nice day today , I hope your family is doing well. "

Heck, if you guys were throwing a solid little ball 90 miles an hour 2 feet from my head on a regular basis, I'd be nice to all of you too.
03-21-2016, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #24696
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,968
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Well, that's a given, being home to Pentax.

A Chinese nine-tailed fox (huli jing) is blamed for the ending of the Shang dynasty, and a Japanese one for the downfall of the Takeda clan. Interestingly, both stories involve a warlord becoming infatuated by and forcibly marrying the beautiful daughter of a defeated foe (the infatuation is blamed on the girl being possessed by a fox spirit). In modern Chinese, the term huli jing is used to mean a beautiful woman who leads a husband astray - a "homewrecker".
You lost me. Can't you just put the names to these charaters - you know, the live hociR, the tselive ayoH...
03-21-2016, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #24697
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,968
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Some people have never stood in front of a 90 mile an hour fast ball coming at you from 90 feet away.

If one of those guys decides to hit you, you are going to be hit. Fast has nothing to do with it. D

I was always nice to opposing pitchers.

When they came up to bat I'd be all "Nice day today , I hope your family is doing well. "

Heck, if you guys were throwing a solid little ball 90 miles an hour 2 feet from my head on a regular basis, I'd be nice to all of you too.
Get a grip, man! What would the world come to if everyone was nice to each other?!

Sheesh...
03-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #24698
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,302
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'd be nice to all of you too
Nice?

What does that mean?

03-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #24699
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,465
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You lost me. Can't you just put the names to these charaters - you know, the live hociR, the tselive ayoH...
I know, Chinese / Korean / Japanese mythology is a lot more complicated than Pentaxian mythology. It also tends to be a lot bloodier...



(Ignoring the various sectarian wars among Pentaxians, where so many lives have been needlessly lost.)

Last edited by THoog; 03-21-2016 at 03:23 PM.
03-22-2016, 05:44 AM - 2 Likes   #24700
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,153
Wake up everyone and smell the taters and onions frying in bacon grease!
(call it bacon fat if it makes you feel better)

03-22-2016, 06:05 AM   #24701
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,398
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
(call it bacon fat if it makes you feel better)
Bacon fat....it does make me feel better already this morning!

Thank you Racer! You have restored my confidence in our friendship, regardless of what Otis said you really think about me.

Warming up again here today, and tomorrow....85F tomorrow, but lots of wind......I'll have to wear my hair net if I go to town.

Delivered some chocolates yesterday....more today.....damn I have some fine Chocolate Girlfriends! Even the ones a little plump are lovely. My Cable Lady, middle aged and "average" to most, is a living doll....yesterday she sliced a huge chunk off my cable bill....I bet the steady supply of chocolate had nothing to do with it....just pure "Rupert Charm"???

Regards!
03-22-2016, 06:13 AM   #24702
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,153
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.yesterday she sliced a huge chunk off my cable
and here we thought Mrs Rupert kept you on a chain.
03-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #24703
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,398
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
and here we thought Mrs Rupert kept you on a chain.
Mrs Rupert is very liberal regarding my Chocolate Girlfriends........with each delivery she hopes one of them will keep me!

Truly, these are great girls. Lots of fun and laughs, lots of joy in a few pieces of gourmet chocolate. It is mostly the little things in life that count the most. These girls work hard and a little appreciation for them as real people goes a long way. It is not for return rewards or any benefit real or imagined....just because you appreciate them as friends. Karma takes care of everything else.

Mrs Rupert will retire this summer, after 15years on a wonderful job that has paid her well and gives her lifetime benefits as well as a big sack full of retirement cash. Better than any Govt job, I guarantee! I am thrilled for her, and for the fact that long before she got that job I delivered chocolate to the two girls that ran the place.........and when she applied and the Mgr saw who she was, they made an opening and hired her on the spot. That's Karma! Sure, she has earned every benefit with her most excellent performance and intelligence, but it was old Rupert that opened the door....with no intentions whatsoever. Karma...gotta love it! Works for me!

Regards!
03-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #24704
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,882
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Wake up everyone and smell the taters and onions frying in bacon grease!
(call it bacon fat if it makes you feel better)
Lard, it's pure dee ole Lard..... And when is the food ready?
03-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #24705
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,153
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
pure dee ole
My dad said this a lot, haven't heard it in years.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top