Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
03-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #24811
Veteran Member

My head hurts a ton this morning.
I stood up and fell over immediately.
I now have a stinking cold.
Thank you Dr. Stewart Adams for discovering Ibuprofen....

03-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #24812
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
My head hurts a ton this morning.
Thank you Dr. Stewart Adams for discovering Ibuprofen....
This happened to one of my friends, she got up not feeling well, became dizzy fell over and put a hole in the Sheetrock with her head.
03-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #24813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
put a hole in the Sheetrock with her head.
Ouch....

Luckily I just fell back into bed
03-26-2016, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #24814
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't think there's a cause-effect relationship there.

03-26-2016, 08:21 AM - 2 Likes   #24815
Pentaxian

This happened to one of my friends, she got up not feeling well, became dizzy fell over and put a hole in the Sheetrock with her head.
Remember when the cartoon characters would grab someone by the belt and throw them at something head first? Well I tried that on one of my buddies while wrestling in the attic The attic had the sloped roof with the the half wall, so (fortunately) nothing much behind the dry wall. I threw my buddy at the wall and his head went right through the wall. As my brother and I went over to sort things out out we heard him talking to himself with his head inside the wall. " My eyes are open, but I can't see anything. I wonder if I'm dead?"

The sheet we hung up over the head sized hole in the drywall fooled my dad for about 2 seconds when he saw it.
03-26-2016, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #24816
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I do a lot of things around here......well, not really....I do keep up 4 vehicles, see that the yard is maintained, cook 99% of the meals, grocery shop ( I love to shop for groceries!) and wash up all the dirty pots & pans after cooking. If something is broken, I fix it. I keep Mrs Rupert in supply of a top notch computer, smart phone, printer, tablet etc. and anything she wants but is not knowledgeable enough to buy on her own. I let her run free...shopping at will and never questioning. I am no controller.

The line is drawn at washing, drying and ironing. Just won't do it. Hate it. I get no complaints from Mrs Rupert. Many years ago when she decided I could "help" her with washing and ironing I burned a hole in her favorite slacks. The phone rang and how was I to know you can't walk off from a hot iron? Haven't touched an iron since that day......I think it was around 1970? I also washed a load of her undergarments with some of my greasy shop rags ....don't do washing anymore either!

Regards!

---------- Post added 03-26-16 at 10:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My eyes are open, but I can't see anything. I wonder if I'm dead?"
Sounds like a typical morning for me.....
03-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #24817
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The line is drawn at washing, drying and ironing. Just won't do it. Hate it. I get no complaints from Mrs Rupert. Many years ago when she decided I could "help" her with washing and ironing I burned a hole in her favorite slacks. The phone rang and how was I to know you can't walk off from a hot iron? Haven't touched an iron since that day......I think it was around 1970? I also washed a load of her undergarments with some of my greasy shop rags ....don't do washing anymore either!

I have to do ironing but only my cadet dress uniform.
I also have to teach other cadets how to iron...

03-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #24818
Pentaxian

I have to do ironing but only my cadet dress uniform.
I also have to teach other cadets how to iron...
We see cadets in Algoqnuin Park all the time, you should see if you can weasel your way out here courtesy of the military sometime. Base Pettawawa has one of it's boundaries shared with Alqonquin park, and the cadets use the base as a staging area for canoe trips into the park. ON a few times I've shared campsites with them when they got to a lake late and I knew there were no open campsites on the lake. Having 17 kids crash your private party is always interesting. They are always a nice friendly well behaved groups, who call you "Sir.".
03-26-2016, 08:56 AM   #24819
Veteran Member

We see cadets in Algoqnuin Park all the time, you should see if you can weasel your way out here courtesy of the military sometime. Base Pettawawa has one of it's boundaries shared with Alqonquin park, and the cadets use the base as a staging area for canoe trips into the park. ON a few times I've shared campsites with hem when they got to a lake late and I knew there were no open campsites on the lake. Having 17 kids crash your private party is always interesting.
Army cadets?

I've been to CTC Blackdown which is right beside CFB Borden.
Not that far from Toronto (or Algonquin Park).

Now let me tell you how I got there...

First I get up at 0400 PST in Vernon and eat breakfast at 0500. Next go to the airport (in Kelowna) around 0700. My flight is actually at 1000... Turns out my direct flight from Kelowna to Toronto is delayed by 10 or so hours. They put me on a flight (by myself, I was meant to have two other cadets with me) to Toronto via Vancouver. I'm in Vancouver and, being me, get lost in the airport... I find an officer 10 minutes before take-off for my flight. Luckily the Vancouver to Toronto flight was delayed half an hour. I'm meant to get lunch in Vancouver but the officer forgot. I land in Toronto at 2200 EST (around 14 hours of NO FOOD). No officers visible at Toronto (not again!) so I wait in Canada arrivals. I try calling the pacific movement operations number but only get an answer machine. Luckily it was a toll-free number as the only phone I had available was a pay phone... At around 2330 an officer walks through arrivals and says "Who the hell are you?" he knew I was a cadet as I was wearing my dress uniform and most 14 year olds don't have nicely ironed and fancy clothes... The officers in Toronto hadn't known about the changed flight. He gets me on the schoolbus to CTC Blackdown with the other cadets. I was offered a sandwich eventually which tasted disgusting but I hadn't eaten for 15 hours so I didn't care. Eventually we pull into the training centre around 0100 the next day. I was lucky the other two cadets who were meant to be on my flight in the first place got to the airport at 0200. I spent the next three weeks playing bagpipes and highland dancing. Last post at 2200 and Reveille at 0600. Equivalent to bed at 2000 and wake up at 0400 at home. It was fun
03-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #24820
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I do a lot of things around here......well, not really....I do keep up 4 vehicles, see that the yard is maintained, cook 99% of the meals, grocery shop ( I love to shop for groceries!) and wash up all the dirty pots & pans after cooking. If something is broken, I fix it. I keep Mrs Rupert in supply of a top notch computer, smart phone, printer, tablet etc. and anything she wants but is not knowledgeable enough to buy on her own. I let her run free...shopping at will and never questioning. I am no controller.

One time I opened the washing machine to find hubby's overalls, towels, dishcloths, my dress clothes , ....... And...... A 5 foot runner rug. How my clothes survived I do not know. Egads! The sand that came off the rug floated and settled on everything. I just remember pulling my stuff out of the wash and saying.... "It's your mess... I ain't fixing it!" "I'm not touching this till you fix it..!" ... "You can't wash stuff like this together." "You are a Machinist and you messin up the washing machine..like you got the machines to make tha parts fer this? Really?" Lol lol I hid all my my laundry after that. He just laughed at me.
03-26-2016, 09:10 AM   #24821
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Someone needs to tell this to the lady I used to work with on a home health job. In order to make herself look as if she did more work than the rest of us she insisted on ironing the clients clothing....... Most of it was knit slacks or wrinkle free shirts. Ugh.... She was one woman that was well practiced in how to fluff time.
I am careful to sort the clothes so only the ones that need ironing are ironed. The others are only folded for putting away.
03-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #24822
Pentaxian

Army cadets?

I've been to CTC Blackdown which is right beside CFB Borden.
Not that far from Toronto (or Algonquin Park).

Now let me tell you how I got there...

First I get up at 0400 PST in Vernon and eat breakfast at 0500. Next go to the airport (in Kelowna) around 0700. My flight is actually at 1000... Turns out my direct flight from Kelowna to Toronto is delayed by 10 or so hours. They put me on a flight (by myself, I was meant to have two other cadets with me) to Toronto via Vancouver. I'm in Vancouver and, being me, get lost in the airport... I find an officer 10 minutes before take-off for my flight. Luckily the Vancouver to Toronto flight was delayed half an hour. I'm meant to get lunch in Vancouver but the officer forgot. I land in Toronto at 2200 EST (around 14 hours of NO FOOD). No officers visible at Toronto (not again!) so I wait in Canada arrivals. I try calling the pacific movement operations number but only get an answer machine. Luckily it was a toll-free number as the only phone I had available was a pay phone... At around 2330 an officer walks through arrivals and says "Who the hell are you?" he knew I was a cadet as I was wearing my dress uniform and most 14 year olds don't have nicely ironed and fancy clothes... The officers in Toronto hadn't known about the changed flight. He gets me on the schoolbus to CTC Blackdown with the other cadets. I was offered a sandwich eventually which tasted disgusting but I hadn't eaten for 15 hours so I didn't care. Eventually we pull into the training centre around 0100 the next day. I was lucky the other two cadets who were meant to be on my flight in the first place got to the airport at 0200. I spent the next three weeks playing bagpipes and highland dancing. Last post at 2200 and Reveille at 0600. Equivalent to bed at 2000 and wake up at 0400 at home. It was fun
You should have invited me down for lunch.
03-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #24823
Veteran Member

You should have invited me down for lunch.
I'll probably be there for six month this summer.
Guess what I'm doing?
Yep, I'll be playing bagpipes and highland dancing.

Last year at the end we had to highland dance to Gangnam Style...
03-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #24824
Pentaxian

So, what you are saying is you're training to be the guy at the head of the column hoping to scare the heck out of the enemy. Trouble is, if they aren't scared, you're first in line.

I spend a few years as the dorm host for a Gaelic Arts school, all pipers , dancers and drummers. If I ever go deaf, that's what I'm blaming it on.

I guess they start looking for bagpipe talent early one in the military. You can always find good soldiers, good pipers are a rare breed. Especially since the two variations seem to be an awful racket, and a really awful racket. It's hard to determine who's makes the best awful noise under those circumstances.
03-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #24825
Veteran Member

So, what you are saying is you're training to be the guy at the head of the column hoping to scare the heck out of the enemy. Trouble is, if they aren't scared, you're first in line.
Yep.

A while back (on these forums) I volunteered for Kerrowdown's scottish army as a piper.

But if I ever join the military it'd be in the LdSH(RC) regiment. Or apply as a Imagery Technician.
But at the moment I have no plans for the army.