Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #24916
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Almost any time is a good time for beer.
In Germany we have an (unofficial) law that says "Kein Bier vor vier!", no beer before four (o'clock).

03-29-2016, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #24917
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
In Germany we have an (unofficial) law that says "Kein Bier vor vier!", no beer before four (o'clock).
Does the law specify which timezone is to be used to determine when it's 4 o'clock?
03-29-2016, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #24918
Site Supporter

Four o'clock sounds reasonable, that is 4 AM right??
03-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #24919
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If any of you guys do some prayers, which may or may not be likely?....say one for my 89 year old Mom. She is having major surgery this morning. Otherwise she is in good health and her heart is strong...but she is 89...90 in August. Any surgery is scary, but when you are 89 it is even scarier.
Being the matriarch of the family, everyone in the family will be there and we will all be praying for a smooth surgery and a fast recovery. Your thoughts/prayers will be appreciated......
I believe everyone can believe what they want or don't want......personally, I believe prayers make a difference or I wouldn't ask.

Regards
Rupert, just saw this, rather a few hours late. How is she now?

---------- Post added 03-30-16 at 06:55 AM ----------

When I started university study the introductory lecture included advising that beer at lunch would not be good for study because the effectiveness of the afternoon would be halved. And I read some paper by a commander of peacekeeper troops in the 1990's Balkan war who said that even one beer can impair judgement for eight hours to the 'might create an international incident' level.

03-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #24920
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would seem that the German community in south Texas has forgotten that rule...
03-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #24921
Site Supporter

And thank goodness Washington is not a state that has alimony.
Not anymore. Washington is a community property state, but provision for spousal support is written into the law. The typical situation for support is where the marriage is long standing and/or there are significant non-community properties and/or the petitioning spouse has not been in the workforce for most/all of the marriage and the divorce would result in a significant lifestyle disparity between the parties.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
One word: Prenup.
Only as good as the good will between the parties...

Steve
03-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #24922
Site Supporter

If any of you guys do some prayers, which may or may not be likely?....say one for my 89 year old Mom. She is having major surgery this morning. Otherwise she is in good health and her heart is strong...but she is 89...90 in August. Any surgery is scary, but when you are 89 it is even scarier.
Being the matriarch of the family, everyone in the family will be there and we will all be praying for a smooth surgery and a fast recovery. Your thoughts/prayers will be appreciated......
I believe everyone can believe what they want or don't want......personally, I believe prayers make a difference or I wouldn't ask.
You got it my friend. I hope things went well today.

Steve
03-29-2016, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #24923
Site Supporter

In Upper Austria, my former coworkers would have beer with their lunch. One Friday a month the beer was provided by the company!

Steve

03-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #24924
Loyal Site Supporter

Regards
My very best wish and hope that all goes well and everyone has a rousing time at her 90th, and 100th.
03-29-2016, 03:55 PM - 2 Likes   #24925
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert hasn't posted since this morning. I don't know if that's a good sign, or not.
If we don't hear from him by tomorrow morning I'll give him a call.
03-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #24926
Site Supporter

She said she wanted half of what the property
Mine fully does deserve half of everything. It is what it is, oh well...
03-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #24927
Site Supporter

Past 4 o`clock here BTW!
03-29-2016, 04:25 PM - 3 Likes   #24928
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got in...my Mom is fine, she did exceptionally well through the surgery and should make a full recovery. She didn't even have to spend more than a few minutes in recovery......she was awake and coherent quickly, with perfect vital signs so they sent her to a room and we were all there for her.

Prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated, I do love my Mom and it does make a difference.

Just moments before surgery....she is not the worrying type.

Shortly after surgery...in good spirits and very little pain without pain meds.

Honestly....I think she made it through the day better than I did....no kidding at all.

Again, thanks for the concerns!

Best Regards!
03-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #24929
Site Supporter

Best news I've heard all day!
Thanks for the update, and best to mom.
03-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #24930
Site Supporter

Fantastic!