Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #25246
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think, among other records, this thread can now claim to be the most mod-heavy thread on the forum.
Jim, I think I'll leave moderation of this thread aaaallll to you.

04-06-2016, 03:03 PM - 2 Likes   #25247
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Too much jibber jabber.
Cheap cell phone pic of grilled bacon chunks, dipped in chocolate almond bark, and sprinkled with sea salt.

04-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #25248
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Too much jibber jabber.
Cheap cell phone pic of grilled bacon chunks, dipped in chocolate almond bark, and sprinkled with sea salt.
Wow! I bet my Chocolate Girlfriends would drop over naked for those.....which is why a few of them would never see such delights from me!

---------- Post added 04-06-16 at 05:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Jim, I think I'll leave moderation of this thread aaaallll to you.
I'm not getting into the Mod stuff, it is a serious job and not to be taken too lightly. However I would like to say that the new Mods that post in this thread possess a missing ingredient that I have seen too little of in the past. A sense of humor. Everything is not deadly serious and a little fun can lighten up a dark day. Sure, it can go overboard or be in bad taste, and a little "counseling" might be needed at times, but the correction should not be overboard either. That's my view and when I need some counseling, I'm going to try to take it as coming from a friend. Hell, us Rupert-types know we aren't perfect! Fifty years of hearing it from Mrs Rupert has finally convinced me.

BTW- Our big 5-O is on Friday. Mrs Rupert likes gold and I like Ltd Lenses, just in case you want to help us celebrate.

Regards!
04-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #25249
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I tried that once. Wanted to look down the vent ducts to find a blockage. My doctor / friend simply said "No!". Can't imagine why?
I tried to convince my ENT surgeon that his Snoot-o-Scope(tm) and all the various snips and forceps used in sinus surgery would be awesome for building model ships (inside bottles, no less!), but I just couldn't get him interested. Too much like work, probably.

04-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #25250
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Well, yes; but so do the donut shops.
Back in college, a friend and I trailed a cop car (felt like for half an hour, probably less), hoping to find a late-night donut shop. We did eventually find it, but by stopping and looking in the phone book. No cops there, but there were some very interesting people hanging out.

My word, we were young and stupid.
04-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #25251
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I tried to convince my ENT surgeon that his Snoot-o-Scope(tm) and all the various snips and forceps used in sinus surgery would be awesome for building model ships (inside bottles, no less!), but I just couldn't get him interested. Too much like work, probably.
Always found that boat in a bottle thing fascinating.
04-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #25252
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Back in college, a friend and I trailed a cop car (felt like for half an hour, probably less), hoping to find a late-night donut shop. We did eventually find it, but by stopping and looking in the phone book. No cops there, but there were some very interesting people hanging out.
My word, we were young and stupid.
Now I'll have to relate a story:

Years ago, while driving with a friend throught the deep south (rural southern Georgia) I remarked that he was driving much too fast. (65 in a 35 zone) He chose to ignore me. Not seconds later, there was a cop car coming from the front who proceeded to do the sort of u-turn you only see in the movies. At this stage, I was in a state of panic. My friend said: "Don't worry. I'm stopping. Agree with everything I say and keep your hands in plain sight at all times." These words did nothing to calm me down.

So, the cop walks over and asks him all the normal questions, starting with: "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?" After a few more words he asked for licence. My friend handed over his licence. There was a long silence as the cop inspected the licence. The next question was: "How long will you be driving in Georgia?" The answer given was: "I'm leaving next week." Upon this some strong words were spoken and we were sent on our way. Apparently, there was too much paperwork to fine an international driver and he just let us go. The guy I was with knew this - I did not. I've never had the guts to try that tactic - I always stick to the speed limit when driving overseas.

04-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #25253
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Always found that boat in a bottle thing fascinating.
One of my favorites was a ship-in-a-light-bulb.

Apparently, the trick is to build as much outside the bottle as possible, then insert, unfold, and assemble. My brother-in-law built one with wire hinge pins at the base of the masts, with all the sails and lines already glued to them, so that all he had to do was reach in with a wire hook or something to stand them up.
04-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #25254
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I once saw a display showing the process of building the parts outside the bottle and then pulling the masts upright inside the bottle. Very clever!
04-06-2016, 07:53 PM   #25255
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Bad news.....I bought a dozen wings for dinner and they were all tough and chewy. This was a wing joint chain that was supposed to be the best. Worst wings I have ever had. I hope the raccoons will forgive me for chewy wings, because they are getting them tonight.
04-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #25256
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One of my favorites was a ship-in-a-light-bulb.
Should have included a picture.

04-07-2016, 12:32 AM   #25257
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Don't the "bad" neighborhoods usually have the heaviest police presence?

Keep in mind that three of us participated here long before recent changes. And we are all members first.
04-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #25258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
we are all members first

... so you don't rat on your friends?
04-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #25259
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
So you have standard moderator powers and duties, just with a nicer title?

I am simply a m0deRat0R.

Just a member who helps with the daily management of forum stuff. So far I am impressed. Adam has a unique approach that I have not seen in other forums, and it truly makes the process nearly transparent.

Yep, just a standard mod, with standard powers and duties.

But really, part of a team. A great team. A nice group that represents a good cross section of the Pentax Forums membership. Having people from four continents and various walks of life allows for diversity of thought and opinion.
04-07-2016, 12:55 AM   #25260
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
... so you don't rat on your friends?

Oh no.

Never.

Or anyone else.

Nobody likes a rat.