Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #25606
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
First no bacon, now no phone....
Even little blind orphan squirrels each have their own phone with a big screen. They get bacon several times a week too. Sounds like Bert would be better off as a little orphan squirrel?

We slept late today, very unusual. I don't think I got the trash out in time.....

Worse, when I went to open up PF it wouldn't load......everything else but PF loaded fine. I tried off and on for about 20 minutes or so...nothing. Thankfully I had my morning coffee fix.....it may be all that saved me, but near the end I was in a panic and went over to DPR for some relief. You get no relief there, that place is still as messed up as it always was. Some of the same old pin heads barking out the same old trash they have for years. I left as fast as I could and within a few minutes was able to open up here.....it was a damn scary few minutes without my morning fix.
Could have been worse...I could have logged in to find I had been banned.....again! With Mrs Rupert home all week the cursing would have caused a lot of trouble here....

If you don't realize how much you should appreciate this place, skip on over to DPR and refresh your disgust! It's like a slap in the face or a cold water shower on an icy day.

Regards!

04-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #25607
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

....nope....didn't get the trash out on time.
04-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #25608
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Tim, preventing you and your friends (?) from using firearms might have been a good decision, me thinks!
Well, in the bigger scheme of life it was not a bad thing. We all survived those days with no horrendous memories for any of us. We did not have any accidents. The was one of the boys who had trouble hitting targets at the range but he did manage to hit the hill behind the range and produced ricochet sounds just type in the westerns.

---------- Post added 04-20-16 at 05:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote

We don't get that anymore, we only get lousy are rifles.
When my CO was in cadets she got to mess around with stuff like that.
The first rifles we used were .22s that had been rebuilt from WWII 303s. Really heavy!

---------- Post added 04-20-16 at 05:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
....nope....didn't get the trash out on time.
Oh!

The collectors here seem to spread a lot of it around, they seem not to be able to get it in the truck. Also, someone nearby brought a lot of plastic bags of rubbish last Wednesday, after the rubbish people came and piles it up beside a line of bins just outside my back garden wall. That is rather inconsiderate.
04-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #25609
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The first rifles we used were .22s that had been rebuilt from WWII 303s. Really heavy!
I meant air rifles

04-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #25610
Pentaxian

I meant air rifles
I thought so, I was giving more detail of our use of interesting pieces.
04-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #25611
Veteran Member

I thought so, I was giving more detail of our use of interesting pieces.
Sound like fun...

When I was at Edmonton we used a SAT range with some C7, not quite the real thing but still great fun!
04-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #25612
Pentaxian

One of our fun exercises was a night march cross country with regulars shooting blanks at us and letting off thunder flashes. Our leaders decided we would play tricks and take a very wide arc rathe than a direct route. Later we were told off because we were meant to take a much narrower path. We had radios on that exercise but no means of delivering loud noises.

04-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #25613
Veteran Member

One of our fun exercises was a night march cross country with regulars shooting blanks at us and letting off thunder flashes. Our leaders decided we would play tricks and take a very wide arc rathe than a direct route. Later we were told off because we were meant to take a much narrower path. We had radios on that exercise but no means of delivering loud noises.
Sounds like you got more fun than we do now.
You went to Cadets in the UK?
04-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #25614
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gosh, this thread has been quiet. To make sure you're listening, I'll just say "Bacon"!
04-19-2016, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #25615
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Huh?

What?

Who dares wake me from my slumber?

Wait.

Do I smell bacon?

Bacon!

Bacon!

Bacon!

Oh yeah, baby!

Bacon.
04-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #25616
Pentaxian

Sounds like you got more fun than we do now.
You went to Cadets in the UK?
No, I was in Australia. Did it in 1975. My school had a unit. The choice was Scouts of Cadets. Most chose Cadets. A couple each year got to Duntroon. One in my year got the AO Military for his career service. Most of us enjoyed it. That was 1975. At the end of the year, when the government changed there were cost cuts and Cadets was completely removed. A later scheme reinstated it, but as base based units, not school based units.

---------- Post added 04-20-16 at 03:22 PM ----------

Stilton is not a Velveeta substitute. More likely to be, at least for some, a Lutefisk substitute.
04-19-2016, 10:59 PM   #25617
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have a phone and I manage to be here...
Luddite.

Ummm...

Yeah.

04-20-2016, 03:56 AM   #25618
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The choice was Scouts of Cadets. Most chose Cadets.
By us, the choice, for boys, was school choir or cadets. For girls, home-making skills or choir. There were no girls in cadets. There were girls in the choir. I could sing. Easy choice really!
Which is how I happen to know about the notorious choir camps! Boys were outnumbered 3:1 in the choir.
04-20-2016, 05:40 AM   #25619
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have a phone and I manage to be here...
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Luddite.
I was going to applaud the lack of a phone, but as a borderline neo-Luddite AND an IT professional, my judgement is questionable. (maybe the job is making me hate technology? It's making me hate everything else lately...)

Then it occurred to me that the second part of Bert's statement, "I manage to be here", is more troubling. Kind of like exposure to toxic materials, exposure to The Thread is probably much more dangerous at a young age...
04-20-2016, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #25620
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Bacon!