Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #25621
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,016
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Then it occurred to me that the second part of Bert's statement, "I manage to be here", is more troubling. Kind of like exposure to toxic materials, exposure to The Thread is probably much more dangerous at a young age...
I've been thinking of this lately...our responsibility here to set good examples for young Bert. Looking over the posts it may be possible that some of us....maybe all of us...could be legally charged with child abuse or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Our only hope might be if a judge saw the bacon-hating of Bert, he would immediately throw the case out.

04-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #25622
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
could be legally charged with child abuse or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?
04-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #25623
Pentaxian
RoxnDox's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington, USA, Terra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,308
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I've been thinking of this lately...our responsibility here to set good examples for young Bert. Looking over the posts it may be possible that some of us....maybe all of us...could be legally charged with child abuse or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Our only hope might be if a judge saw the bacon-hating of Bert, he would immediately throw the case out.
Any contributions we might make towards young Bert's delinquency are pretty dang minor, compared to the pre-existing "bacon issue"...
04-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #25624
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,016
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Any contributions we might make towards young Bert's delinquency are pretty dang minor, compared to the pre-existing "bacon issue"...
I agree, and any bacon loving judge would too. Bert could be in some serious trouble if a judge heard Bert's defamation of bacon.

I think we are safe and see no need to require age verification ID to enter this thread. Most people at PF have better sense than to linger here anyhow. Look at the "keywords" at the bottom of this page and you can see they don't have much relationship to photography....more like babbling in a mental institution.

04-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #25625
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,486
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
more like babbling in a mental institution
That actually was the analogy I was going to go with, before switching to "hazardous materials"...

You don't suppose that exposure to PF could have possibly caused Bert's aversion to bacon? He did hang out in "General" for a long time. That's nearly as nutty as The Thread, but not as bad as <shudder> the Full Frame forum or <even worse shudder> News and Rumors. Those places are scary.
04-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #25626
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,016
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
You don't suppose that exposure to PF could have possibly caused Bert's aversion to bacon?
Nah...I don't think that's it. I think it is due to a genetic defect....similar, but worse, than being born with a "Rupert type" gene. After all, look around...we do see some strange happenings with people in this world today. It could be from being born in the nuclear/chemical age causing DNA to be all twisted worse that usual? How far away is Bert from Three Mile Island?

Or it could be psychological. Maybe Bert was molested by a big hog at a petting zoo as a young child and cringes at the smell of sizzling maple smoked delicious bacon? I know, it's a stretch, but it is possible. If we could get Bert to open up, we might be able to help him. Surely he knows we have his best interest in mind here and would go to any extreme to cure him?

I have eliminated "religious grounds"....Bert likes ham...so he says. That is not likely anyhow, I have a friend that switched religions after his first taste of bacon. He cried like a baby thinking of all the years he had missed out on magnificent bacon....he even started his own new religion, and it is thriving.......converts galore! I've visited a few times myself on Bacon Fridays.
House of Hog...your donations are tax deductible, and all proceeds go to the purchase of bacon.
04-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #25627
Pentaxian
RoxnDox's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington, USA, Terra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,308
Ooooh, the Church of Bacon... I might have to become a multi-faith convert for that one. My other would be the Church of Beer!

Jim
04-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #25628
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,016
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Ooooh, the Church of Bacon... I might have to become a multi-faith convert for that one. My other would be the Church of Beer!
Well......there you go...corrupting young Bert with desire for alcoholic beverages. It's going to slow things down a lot here if we start having to show ID to enter the thread.

04-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #25629
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Bert likes ham...so he says
No Rupert! I don't like ham (or bacon) but I love other pork! Mmmm! Pork chops! Ribs! I'm getting hungry...
04-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #25630
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,016
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
No Rupert! I don't like ham (or bacon) but I love other pork! Mmmm! Pork chops! Ribs! I'm getting hungry...
Bert, that is a serious problem......like saying "I like girls, but I don't like naked girls." It just disregards all logic and reason. Maybe that works for you, but you aren't going to see many naked girls if they find out you hate bacon.
04-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #25631
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,685
All this pork talk has me wanting to fire up a grill, throw some pig on it (including bacon of course) and get my barbecue shoes on!

04-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #25632
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Bert, that is a serious problem......like saying "I like girls, but I don't like naked girls." It just disregards all logic and reason. Maybe that works for you, but you aren't going to see many naked girls if they find out you hate bacon.
What's that got to do with bacon
04-20-2016, 10:34 AM - 2 Likes   #25633
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,685
04-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #25634
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,868
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Bert, that is a serious problem......like saying "I like girls, but I don't like naked girls." It just disregards all logic and reason. Maybe that works for you, but you aren't going to see many naked girls if they find out you hate bacon.
Don't worry bert, you aren't going to see many naked girls anyway.... no girl has ever taken their clothes off for a guy because he loved bacon, despite what ole' Rupert might imply.
04-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #25635
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,016
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
All this pork talk has me wanting to fire up a grill, throw some pig on it (including bacon of course) and get my barbecue shoes on!
I need some BBQ shoes myself.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Don't worry bert, you aren't going to see many naked girls anyway.... no girl has ever taken their clothes off for a guy because he loved bacon, despite what ole' Rupert might imply.
Norm, you're living in the "old days"...... before bacon condoms.
https://baconsalt.3dcartstores.com/Bacon-Condoms_p_177.html
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top