Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #25756
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
then come to this thread for some sanity.

04-23-2016, 07:42 AM   #25757
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
.then come to this thread for some sanity. That's how bad it is out there.
Someone told me once "Cheer up! Things could be worse."
I think he was psychic because I cheered up and sure enough; things got worse.
04-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #25758
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is so frustrating to have "all the answers" like Mrs Rupert has and see that no one else does? She has been off all week....we were going to Big Bend but the weather fell apart and we didn't make the trip. So......all week I've been fortunate enough to hear about all the things that are wrong.......and how to fix them, Mrs Rupert style.

Put this on top of the already depressing news every morning and if you are not suicidal, you sure wish you were!

The highlight of my week was last night when she deep fried a huge batch of double breaded okra. It did help ease the pain.
04-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #25759

Put this on top of the already depressing news every morning and if you are not suicidal, you sure wish you were!

I rarely read or watch the news anymore.

If it isn't sad and depressing it is far too sensationalized and inanely stupid.

I'd rather eat ground glass.

The highlight of my week was last night when she deep fried a huge batch of double breaded okra. It did help ease the pain.

Sounds like the right medicine for your pain Jim.

Chow down.

04-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #25760
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That is a really good stance. However, some of us are like a moth drawn to the light. We know better but keep on buzzing closer and closer.

It is almost funny.....except that it isn't.
04-23-2016, 08:32 AM   #25761
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It is so frustrating to have "all the answers" like Mrs Rupert has and see that no one else does?
Mrs. P is the same way.
People who think they know everything are really annoying to those of us who actually do.
04-23-2016, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #25762
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
People who think they know everything are really annoying to those of us who actually do.
Well, I bet you too have learned that keeping your vast knowledge to yourself is a life-saving measure?
04-23-2016, 08:52 AM   #25763
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I bet you too have learned that keeping your vast knowledge to yourself is a life-saving measure?
Yes, I've learned it, but don't always remember to use the knowledge.
Knowing when to keep your big mouth shut and being able to actually do it is a lot like understanding the mechanics of running a 4 minute mile and being able to actually run one.

04-23-2016, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #25764
Loyal Site Supporter

A week in close contact and you can fine tune your big mouth skills pretty fast. By Thursday Mrs Rupert had gone shopping a dozen times.....well eclipsing the cost of my K1 on order. Payback is expensive and takes many forms. Some of that Black Gorilla Tape across your big mouth can minimize the cost.
04-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #25765
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm glad I'm not alone...
04-23-2016, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #25766
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

If it isn't sad and depressing it is far too sensationalized and inanely stupid.

I'd rather eat ground glass.

Sounds like the right medicine for your pain Jim.

Chow down.
Went for a ride on a 787 today. Now must wait nearly 6 hours for the connecting flight. Air Canada cancelled my 2 hour connection and did not even bother to tell me till I saw it in online check-in. The final destination is close enough a bus would get there quicker but because they are an airline they think they must inflict more flying on me.
04-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #25767
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I'm glad I'm not alone...
Really? You're the only bacon hater I see here. That's sort of like being the only fish at a fish fry.
04-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #25768
Site Supporter

That is a really good stance. However, some of us are like a moth drawn to the light. We know better but keep on buzzing closer and closer.

It is almost funny.....except that it isn't.
That's how I feel whenever I accidentally stumble into the stupidity&rumours section That's the greatest problem with reading PF through tapatalk.

The news media over here aren't as sensationalist as the Murkin media seem to be. Still plenty of bad news, by all means, but at least it's usually not blown completely out of proportion.

Well, not always.

Sometimes not.

04-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #25769

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Went for a ride on a 787 today. Now must wait nearly 6 hours for the connecting flight. Air Canada cancelled my 2 hour connection and did not even bother to tell me till I saw it in online check-in. The final destination is close enough a bus would get there quicker but because they are an airline they think they must inflict more flying on me.
Air Canada also flies 777's. Here is one taking off on a test flight in the background of a shot I made of a Mitchell B25 that I had the opportunity to fly a few years ago.

04-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #25770

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That's how I feel whenever I accidentally stumble into the stupidity&rumours section

In my new position I actually have to stumble over there on purpose.

Before I rarely ventured into that den of sin and iniquity.