Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108797 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #26176
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Thank you Rupert. Most appropriate song, thank you. I'll have to play it for Annie.
Yes, do that.....it brings a tear to Mrs Rupert's eye. As much as I pick on Mrs Rupert, you gotta know it was a match made in heaven, although we went through some shades of hell to get where we are today.

My maternal grandmother was an Annie. She was a wonderful and most beautiful lady. I bet yours is too!

Regards!

05-03-2016, 07:53 PM   #26177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
For once it wasn't me! Gotta feel good about that.

I'm already feeling good that I was able to give this little newbie girly squirrel her very first apple slices today! Small thing maybe, but not to her!

Little things count....we can't forget that!
Darn fine shot! Almost looks like it was taken with the K1 ?
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #26178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Poking fun at vegetarians?
Not a good idea either, IMHO. Sorry all, I was actually trying to tack in the opposite direction, but I got fascinated by the International Vegetarian's Union's "Vegetarian History" pages and articles on famous "vegetarians". It's interesting reading.
05-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #26179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Darn fine shot! Almost looks like it was taken with the K1 ?
Not yet. Thanks anyhow. Don't want to get off into photography, but that one was shot through a very dirty window at Mrs Rupert's desk, with a very damaged K5IIs and Bigma protected by a cheap Tiffen clear UV filter. When someone tells you they spent $200. on a high end UV filter, step away slowly and get the hell away from them.

Regards!

05-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #26180
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, do that.....it brings a tear to Mrs Rupert's eye. As much as I pick on Mrs Rupert, you gotta know it was a match made in heaven, although we went through some shades of hell to get where we are today.

My maternal grandmother was an Annie. She was a wonderful and most beautiful lady. I bet yours is too!

Regards!
I think so!
She'll kill me for posting a photo of her though! Ah well, life is not without risk.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-04-2016, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #26181
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Say it ain't so Amy!

Say it ain't so!
Yup. Looks about like that in the "family room", minus the carcass of an actual truck. And the flames.
05-04-2016, 06:35 AM   #26182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
She'll kill me for posting a photo of her though! Ah well, life is not without risk.
Yes, she is lovely! That shot won't get you in trouble but this one got me a hairbrush to the head....of course I deleted it.....sort of!

A little lipstick and makeup and they can clean up in a hurry, unless you are going someplace, then it can take hours!

Stop a minute every so often and imagine what it would be like without them? Scary, isn't it.

Best Regards!

05-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #26183
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Came home today, to the new home which is England. So now I can eat whatever I want, not just the food that hotels and airports choose to inflict on their customers. Promises to make me feel better in a couple of days. Today I am rather sleepy, almost no sleep on the flight. Quite a good flight except for a little turbulence climbing out of IAD, but the bad weather had already moved on so the flight was OK.
05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #26184
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, she is lovely! That shot won't get you in trouble but this one got me a hairbrush to the head....of course I deleted it.....sort of!

A little lipstick and makeup and they can clean up in a hurry, unless you are going someplace, then it can take hours!

Stop a minute every so often and imagine what it would be like without them? Scary, isn't it.

Best Regards!
You're a braver man than me posting unruly hair photos!
05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #26185
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Came home today, to the new home which is England. So now I can eat whatever I want, not just the food that hotels and airports choose to inflict on their customers. Promises to make me feel better in a couple of days. Today I am rather sleepy, almost no sleep on the flight. Quite a good flight except for a little turbulence climbing out of IAD, but the bad weather had already moved on so the flight was OK.
How long was your trip?
05-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #26186
Veteran Member

Where did everyone go? Dead lewdfish found on the beach again? Not me! Not even if you guys bacon wrap it!

Just got mail...my K1 has shipped. In a few days I will be a Pro, but you guys can still call me Rupert. Remember, not need to dress fancy or address me as "Sir Rupert" or anything like that. I know some of the Pro shooters here are worried that I will now steal their thunder, in particular old Norm, but Otis assures them they have no worry!

I explained to Mrs Rupert once. long ago, that many purchasers of fine prints and art/media outlets required the shooter to use a FF camera. They were prejudiced against APS-C and demanded what they considered "top quality".

So when she got the e-mail that the K1 had shipped ( It was bought in her name) and her credit card was billed.......she was excited for me and said "Now that you will have a FF camera you should be able to make enough $$ to pay me back in no time!"

I'm still laughing!!
05-05-2016, 07:28 AM   #26187
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now you need the 150-450 and 1.4 HD converter.
05-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #26188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Now you need the 150-450 and 1.4 HD converter.
Yep, and when I sell my first big order of fine photos, I have no doubt Mrs Rupert will buy it for me!

She puts up with a lot of my nonsense, but she does have her limits.
05-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #26189
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
In a few days I will be a Pro, but you guys can still call me Rupert. Remember, not need to dress fancy or address me as "Sir Rupert" or anything like that.

Yes sir, Mr. Rupert sir.
05-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #26190
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
So when she got the e-mail that the K1 had shipped ( It was bought in her name) and her credit card was billed.......she was excited for me and said "Now that you will have a FF camera you should be able to make enough $$ to pay me back in no time!"

Yeah, right.

The ratio of photographers who actually make money with photography to the rest of us is identical to the ratio of race car drivers who make money to guys like me who do it for fun.

Snap snap!

Zoom zoom!