Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #26176
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,105
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Thank you Rupert. Most appropriate song, thank you. I'll have to play it for Annie.
Yes, do that.....it brings a tear to Mrs Rupert's eye. As much as I pick on Mrs Rupert, you gotta know it was a match made in heaven, although we went through some shades of hell to get where we are today.

My maternal grandmother was an Annie. She was a wonderful and most beautiful lady. I bet yours is too!

Regards!

05-03-2016, 07:53 PM   #26177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,374
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
For once it wasn't me! Gotta feel good about that.

I'm already feeling good that I was able to give this little newbie girly squirrel her very first apple slices today! Small thing maybe, but not to her!



Little things count....we can't forget that!
Darn fine shot! Almost looks like it was taken with the K1 ?
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #26178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,493
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Poking fun at vegetarians?
Not a good idea either, IMHO. Sorry all, I was actually trying to tack in the opposite direction, but I got fascinated by the International Vegetarian's Union's "Vegetarian History" pages and articles on famous "vegetarians". It's interesting reading.
05-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #26179
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,105
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Darn fine shot! Almost looks like it was taken with the K1 ?
Not yet. Thanks anyhow. Don't want to get off into photography, but that one was shot through a very dirty window at Mrs Rupert's desk, with a very damaged K5IIs and Bigma protected by a cheap Tiffen clear UV filter. When someone tells you they spent $200. on a high end UV filter, step away slowly and get the hell away from them.

Regards!

05-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #26180
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,648
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes, do that.....it brings a tear to Mrs Rupert's eye. As much as I pick on Mrs Rupert, you gotta know it was a match made in heaven, although we went through some shades of hell to get where we are today.

My maternal grandmother was an Annie. She was a wonderful and most beautiful lady. I bet yours is too!

Regards!
I think so!
She'll kill me for posting a photo of her though! Ah well, life is not without risk.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-04-2016, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #26181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Say it ain't so Amy!

Say it ain't so!
Yup. Looks about like that in the "family room", minus the carcass of an actual truck. And the flames.
05-04-2016, 06:35 AM   #26182
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,105
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
She'll kill me for posting a photo of her though! Ah well, life is not without risk.
Yes, she is lovely! That shot won't get you in trouble but this one got me a hairbrush to the head....of course I deleted it.....sort of!



A little lipstick and makeup and they can clean up in a hurry, unless you are going someplace, then it can take hours!


Stop a minute every so often and imagine what it would be like without them? Scary, isn't it.

Best Regards!
05-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #26183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,596
Came home today, to the new home which is England. So now I can eat whatever I want, not just the food that hotels and airports choose to inflict on their customers. Promises to make me feel better in a couple of days. Today I am rather sleepy, almost no sleep on the flight. Quite a good flight except for a little turbulence climbing out of IAD, but the bad weather had already moved on so the flight was OK.

05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #26184
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,648
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes, she is lovely! That shot won't get you in trouble but this one got me a hairbrush to the head....of course I deleted it.....sort of!



A little lipstick and makeup and they can clean up in a hurry, unless you are going someplace, then it can take hours!


Stop a minute every so often and imagine what it would be like without them? Scary, isn't it.

Best Regards!
You're a braver man than me posting unruly hair photos!
05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #26185
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,648
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Came home today, to the new home which is England. So now I can eat whatever I want, not just the food that hotels and airports choose to inflict on their customers. Promises to make me feel better in a couple of days. Today I am rather sleepy, almost no sleep on the flight. Quite a good flight except for a little turbulence climbing out of IAD, but the bad weather had already moved on so the flight was OK.
How long was your trip?
05-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #26186
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,105
Where did everyone go? Dead lewdfish found on the beach again? Not me! Not even if you guys bacon wrap it!

Just got mail...my K1 has shipped. In a few days I will be a Pro, but you guys can still call me Rupert. Remember, not need to dress fancy or address me as "Sir Rupert" or anything like that. I know some of the Pro shooters here are worried that I will now steal their thunder, in particular old Norm, but Otis assures them they have no worry!

I explained to Mrs Rupert once. long ago, that many purchasers of fine prints and art/media outlets required the shooter to use a FF camera. They were prejudiced against APS-C and demanded what they considered "top quality".

So when she got the e-mail that the K1 had shipped ( It was bought in her name) and her credit card was billed.......she was excited for me and said "Now that you will have a FF camera you should be able to make enough $$ to pay me back in no time!"

I'm still laughing!!
05-05-2016, 07:28 AM   #26187
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,427
Now you need the 150-450 and 1.4 HD converter.
05-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #26188
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,105
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Now you need the 150-450 and 1.4 HD converter.
Yep, and when I sell my first big order of fine photos, I have no doubt Mrs Rupert will buy it for me!

She puts up with a lot of my nonsense, but she does have her limits.
05-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #26189
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,918
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
In a few days I will be a Pro, but you guys can still call me Rupert. Remember, not need to dress fancy or address me as "Sir Rupert" or anything like that.


Yes sir, Mr. Rupert sir.
05-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #26190
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,918
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
So when she got the e-mail that the K1 had shipped ( It was bought in her name) and her credit card was billed.......she was excited for me and said "Now that you will have a FF camera you should be able to make enough $$ to pay me back in no time!"


Yeah, right.




The ratio of photographers who actually make money with photography to the rest of us is identical to the ratio of race car drivers who make money to guys like me who do it for fun.




Snap snap!




Zoom zoom!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top