Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
But it is fun!

05-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #26222
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
But it is fun!
Downloaded the app again - seems we've joined the same faction. Looks like this tiny island is solidly owned by the Enlightened

Good thing we didn't have to meet each other in a death match or somesuch...

05-06-2016, 07:08 AM   #26223
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Downloaded the app again - seems we've joined the same faction. Looks like this tiny island is solidly owned by the Enlightened

Good thing we didn't have to meet each other in a death match or somesuch...
I have rolled through heavy resistance areas and went on a path of destruction. The high level coordinator for the area in one of them hit me on the comm and invited me for coffee. It was interesting, and as I left he said, "You may as well hit the portal at the tank on the way out." to which I replied that was my plan. I rolled back through 3 weeks later and when I was on my way back through (and had already destroyed a ton) they flipped their big portal with a gazillion links off of it when I was 5 minutes out and said they had to do it because they saw me coming.

I do cross faction comm chatter, but never give away what I am doing.
05-06-2016, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #26224
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'm jealous! As a kid I loved pictures of the Peacemaker, with its backward propellers.
Don't be, it all ended badly. I haven't thought of this in years....there are a lot of things I haven't thought about, and for good reason.

We had been over there 4-5 times and found a way in through the open bomb bay...spent hours in there exploring and "flying/bombing". On the last trip I was with Gary Atkins "flying" the plane and Jerry Russell was in the bomb bay making bombing sounds when we ordered a drop...had to yell back real loud to him as I recall or he would miss the target. Jerry Phillips had found some sleeping bunks and was napping...or whatever...we didn't want to know.....and Orville was looking for a passage to the tail section.

Jerry Russel was eating a bologna sandwich and some chips when we last saw him and we were discussing places we wanted to bomb. Gary looked out the side window and saw Jerry with his sandwich in hand and a cop trying to cuff him. It was only a few minutes until we were surrounded by cops and made to come out with our hands up. Orville had found a hiding place and was safe...until Russel squealed on him. They threatened to gas the plane if he didn't come out. There were cops all around and they took us to jail like we were hardened criminals.

Very fortunately the group of veterans in charge of the plane and its eventual full restoration was led by a man employed by Atkins father and all charges were dropped. We had to promise that we would not go back....and we didn't! Our wings had been clipped...but that was not unusual for our group...we were banned in more places than not already. Fun days....sort of.

05-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #26225
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
It is a game called Ingress which is played on your phone using your data signal and GPS. It gets you out and active too, kind of alike an augmented reality game and electronic geocaching all in one where you battle against real world people by capturing portals, linking them to make control fields (that's the big green triangle), and destroying the other teams portals and control fields. If you want an invite I can send it so i can get credit when you hit level 3. Remember, join the Enlightened (the green team) because we are awesome.

I am about to go up to the cafeteria here at work and get an omelet. Bacon too.

Sounds interesting.

But.

I'm still in the Dark Ages. My phone looks more like a communicator on Star Trek.

05-06-2016, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #26226
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sounds interesting.

But.

I'm still in the Dark Ages. My phone looks more like a communicator on Star Trek.

I would update or the hocir will get you.
05-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #26227
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I would update or the hocir will get you.

At one point I swore that updating would not happen. I only use the thing to place and receive phone calls.

Recently I thought about catching up with the 21st Century. Then I discovered that the carriers don't subsidize the cost of the phone with a 2 year commitment anymore, and those things cost a gazillion bucks.

I'm sticking with my flip phone.

It is mil spec, rough, tough, even weather resistant like our great Pentax cameras.

And yes, I have seen the ads featuring Little Wayne and his Homies pouring champagne over their phones while droning incessantly, "Whaaaaaaaaaa . . . . ."

No, thank you.

05-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #26228
Site Supporter

Yeah, phone subsidies went out last year some time. I did get 200 off of my S6 when I switched to Verizon and traded in a working smartphone that I went to Target and bought for 19 bucks. They laughed, but took it. I ended up with another 100 off for financing the phone for 2 years. I financed 24 cents.
05-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #26229
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Very fortunately the group of veterans in charge of the plane and its eventual full restoration was led by a man employed by Atkins father and all charges were dropped.
Whoops, Gary may have had his hide tanned at home! :-)

05-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #26230
Pentaxian

For breakfast today I had two rashers of bacon and other stuff. Not bad for the price. Usually do that on Friday, part of the office social tradition.
05-06-2016, 02:01 PM   #26231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Whoops, Gary may have had his hide tanned at home! :-)
Yep, his Momma did the discipline at Gary's place and she was a tough as old boot leather. My Mom was just unhappy because they didn't keep me in jail. We weren't really bad kids, just adventurous and into pranks and typical acts of delinquency. One of my friends...that was ousted from our group......was served a hamburger at a downtown restaurant and it was raw. He asked for it to be cooked and they threw him out. That night the place burned to the ground. Not into violence or destruction....he had to go.

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
For breakfast today I had two rashers of bacon and other stuff.
Don't know what a rasher is, but I'll take a couple too!
05-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #26232
Veteran Member

I think I'm going to bed early. This is my last day as an amateur, so I need to be "Pro-fit" tomorrow when the K1 arrives. I don't even have a clue as to how it is going to feel after all these years of mediocre shooting to be a Pro in a matter of one day. Thank goodness I had been reading those FF threads for ages or I wouldn't even have known the secret to success was a Pentax FF!

Regards!
05-06-2016, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #26233
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, Jim, one thing we're sure of is that you won't let your success go to your head.
05-06-2016, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #26234
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Don't know what a rasher is, but I'll take a couple too!
A rasher of bacon is a portion, usually 3 slices. So two rashers would be about 6 slices.

Certainly nothing that Bert would like. But I'm sure if we were dining at the same table he would let me have his rashers.

Oh yeah.
05-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #26235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
To an Aussie, a rasher is one slice.
A bacon short is the meatiest end of a rasher - about half the length.