Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #26611

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A T-bone Taxi somewhere on the Ohio Turnpike. It was another K100, with lots of Chicken Lights.

05-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #26612

A company out of So Cal that has a special dedicated run out to Texas somewhere. They have a fleet of these short wheelbase Peterbilt cabover tractors, couple with specially built 57 foot long trailers. Still not over the legal length limit, but another 4 feet of cargo space in the trailer. Note in the second shot how deep the pin is on the trailer. Regular tractors would never be able to hook to a trailer like this.

I shot this one at the Flying J in Yuma, Arizona.

05-18-2016, 08:30 PM - 1 Like   #26613
Loyal Site Supporter

Racer, if you ever need a transfusion, it will need to be type T with millions of tiny trucks to infuse into your arteries!

I enjoy the truck shots, always have. I have a question...but it can wait.....it's beddy-bye time for old Rupert.

Regards!
05-19-2016, 12:51 AM   #26614

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I have a question...but it can wait.....it's beddy-bye time for old Rupert.

Don't leave me hanging Jim!

05-19-2016, 01:42 AM   #26615
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hmmm, just found a 645D for less than what a new K-1 would cost me...

What?

No.

No, I didn't.
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
You HAD BETTER NOT !!!

Because that would make me quite green with envy ...
What, a challenge?!

Looks like it's a tough sell. Maybe I can get down the price some...
Ooh, another one, even lower price, and including a couple of 6x7 lenses... I definitely have to stop checking those classifieds!
05-19-2016, 03:15 AM   #26616
Veteran Member

I saw a few pages ago that the fox was bragging about being finished with exams. Can i kill him?
05-19-2016, 03:17 AM - 1 Like   #26617
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
I saw a few pages ago that the fox was bragging about being finished with exams. Can i kill him?
Smother him with bacon!
05-19-2016, 06:00 AM   #26618
Loyal Site Supporter

No! He is not a bacon hater, so he has immunity. However if he is caught eating a lewdfish....be my guest!

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Don't leave me hanging Jim!
I was just wondering...do the new big trucks take advantage of the safety video devices I now see on some cars that let you view your entire surroundings on a screen? Looks like this could be a nice feature for difficult loading/unloading procedures and for lane maneuvering in heavy traffic?
I know that "real" truck drivers....at least too many I see don't need such a thing, they just switch lanes at will and if a little VW Beetle gets whiplashed off the highway...so be it, but for others that would be more interested in not scratching up one of those fancy paint jobs, it could be right handy?

Regards!

BTW- I slept great, didn't get up to pee but once instead of the normal 5-6 times. I don't have a problem medically...but I drink coffee and iced tea all day....well over a gallon, and it has to come out sometime....usually between dark and daylight.

05-19-2016, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #26619
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
. I drink coffee and iced tea all day
That explains a lot
Two cups of joe in the morning and I've had all the caffeine I need, or can handle, for the day.
I get the jitters if I over partake.
05-19-2016, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #26620
Pentaxian

No, but you are certainly allowed to "gear up" and go all quasi-medieval Viking sword-maiden on him. Only rule is that he still needs to be breathing and contain at least 50% of his original hemoglobin transport fluids...
05-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #26621
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
No, but you are certainly allowed to "gear up" and go all quasi-medieval Viking sword-maiden on him. Only rule is that he still needs to be breathing and contain at least 50% of his original hemoglobin transport fluids...
You're too soft hearted
05-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #26622

I was just wondering...do the new big trucks take advantage of the safety video devices I now see on some cars that let you view your entire surroundings on a screen? Looks like this could be a nice feature for difficult loading/unloading procedures and for lane maneuvering in heavy traffic?

There was a system called VORAD (vehicle on board radar) in development about 10 years ago. Sensors on the front and right side of the tractor would trigger an annoying alarm when there was an obstacle within range. Some versions were tied into the braking system, and would automatically apply the service brakes if the system detected an imminent collision. But if another driver suddenly cut the truck off, say that impatient moron who can't be bothered to slip in behind the truck to make the next exit, the brakes are suddenly applied and coffee is getting spilled.

It never really worked well, and most operators disabled it.

Truck manufacturers have been developing camera based side view mirrors, for aerodynamic benefit rather than to eliminate blind spots. They do have an added benefit in that the right side blind spot is reduced, perhaps even eliminated.

Still, the driver of any vehicle, large or small, has the responsibility to maintain awareness of surrounding traffic at all times, and drive accordingly.

It ain't rocket science.
05-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #26623
Pentaxian

You're too soft hearted
OK, 35% then. But we'll need pics or it didn't happen, ZoeB!
05-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #26624
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
OK, 35% then. But we'll need pics or it didn't happen, ZoeB!
She'll have to raid Scotland for that to happen. Not that it hasn't been done before... But I suspect it'll have to wait till after the exams
05-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #26625
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Still, the driver of any vehicle, large or small, has the responsibility to maintain awareness of surrounding traffic at all times, and drive accordingly.
You don't see near enough of that nowadays. I don't think some are even aware they are in a vehicle, much less driving it.

That was interesting Racer. I do think a live video feed that covered everything would be handy.

Hey...I'm loading up the gallery in that K1 Group.....how about prodding the others to help me out. It looks like the Rupert K1 Gallery. Maybe they are all technocrats and just bought the K1 for technical interest...or because they could no longer whine about Pentax not having a FF camera?

Regards!