Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2016, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #26761
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep.
A bomb that has fallen 10,000 feet or so and didn't detonate isn't likely to blow up from being stepped on, or hit with a shovel.
I still wouldn't want to try.

05-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #26762
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just noticed...I think my ears are getting larger? Is that normal or just my imagination? Maybe my head is shrinking? I hear plenty good....like big funnels on the side of my head. All those ads for hearing aids I get just toss in the trash. Of course Mrs Rupert swears I can't hear worth a damn......isn't that strange?

Checked your ears lately?
05-24-2016, 11:16 AM - 3 Likes   #26763

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I just noticed...I think my ears are getting larger? Is that normal or just my imagination? Maybe my head is shrinking?
Probably both.

I hear plenty good....like big funnels on the side of my head.
Speak up, I can't hear you.

All those ads for hearing aids I get just toss in the trash.
Yep.

A funnel works just as well, right? At $3.45 at the local hardware store, and no batteries to change out every other week, it is a bargain.

More money for camera gear.

Of course Mrs Rupert swears I can't hear worth a damn......isn't that strange?
Selective hearing.

Mrs. Racer has the same problem with me.

Checked your ears lately?
Just a sec . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . yep, still there!
05-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #26764
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Ah, what a legend

We keep finding mostly British aerial bombs in Germany. One time a flight of mine was delayed because they found one in the middle of Düsseldorf Int. Airport.

Here's a video of a rather large British bomb being detonated under controlled conditions in the city centre of Munich:

Sprengung der Fliegerbombe / Schwabing, München / 28.8.2012 - YouTube

Edit: Just realised the announcements at the beginning are the best. First just the usual stuff ("Stay away from the windows." etc.), then he goes: "Wearers of hearing aids, please switch them off."
The unfortunate legacy of the history of 20th century.

---------- Post added 05-25-16 at 05:05 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep.
A bomb that has fallen 10,000 feet or so and didn't detonate isn't likely to blow up from being stepped on, or hit with a shovel.
Sorry, Mod.

Any of these things are very dangerous because of the unpredictability of their state, and there is still the original amount of banging stuff in there.

05-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #26765
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Any of these things are very dangerous because of the unpredictability of their state, and there is still the original amount of banging stuff in there.
I don't dispute that,but if I had to take my chances walking through a field of unexploded ordnance I'd choose one with full of aerial bombs over land mines.
05-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #26766
Loyal Site Supporter

The unfortunate legacy of the history of 20th century.
Not to defend the 20th century...but none of the others look too good either?

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Selective hearing.
Isn't it wonderful!

My Mom spent $6k on hearing aids.....my sister got her some sort of device off the internet for $19.95 +$2. shipping and it works twice as good.

Gotta be careful when you get old...everyone wants your cash. It's a good thing I don't take advantage of Mrs Rupert and her bundles of cash!

Regards!
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #26767
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Have you tried my ******** detector?
Now if I posted that there would be a dozen Mods on me and a new "Rupert Type" infraction that would expire in late 2017. I know...there aren't a dozen Mods here, but they would install more just to make certain they "got me"!

Nice device...but it would never work in politics....way too small to capture waist deep..."stuff"!

Regards!

---------- Post added 05-24-16 at 02:20 PM ----------

Anyone want to see what I do as I sit here doing not much of anything?

Last edited by Parallax; 05-24-2016 at 12:42 PM.
05-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #26768
Site Supporter

Anyone want to see what I do as I sit here doing not much of anything?

05-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #26769
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, Mod.

Well, deaths from old bombs with failed detonators are rare. Mines doing what they're supposed to do - lie in ambush - kill thousands every year.

Against opposition, POTUS has actually banned their use by the Army.

Last edited by clackers; 05-24-2016 at 03:05 PM.
05-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #26770
Loyal Site Supporter

........then I am damn certain you don't want to see what Otis does in his leisure time! ( and I don't either! )
05-24-2016, 12:33 PM - 2 Likes   #26771
Site Supporter

I had sudden hearing loss in my right ear (total deafness) back in 1993, and tinnitus in both ears (yes even the deaf one)
It sucks losing stereo hearing, but thankful I don't need a hearing aid...........yet.
People talk to me on my deaf side and sometimes think I'm rude for not replying.
The only tattoo I've ever thought about getting is one on my forehead that says Deaf in Right Ear
05-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #26772
Loyal Site Supporter

Post # 2 here relates to such problems....and you can see the Mods "had my back!" Thanks Mods! I did appreciate it......

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/312194-joke-thread.html
05-24-2016, 12:58 PM   #26773
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I had sudden hearing loss in my right ear (total deafness) back in 1993, and tinnitus in both ears (yes even the deaf one)
It sucks losing stereo hearing, but thankful I don't need a hearing aid...........yet.
People talk to me on my deaf side and sometimes think I'm rude for not replying.
The only tattoo I've ever thought about getting is one on my forehead that says Deaf in Right Ear
I like that idea, Rob! I've got a riding buddy who's virtually deaf in one ear, more a problem in the open air than in a room.

Was the tinnitus work related?

05-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #26774
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Was the tinnitus work related?
Not really sure why I have it.
I do know it's not from loud music.
As a land surveyor I did work around loud heavy equipment at times.
I'll blame my ex-wife, that's always a good excuse for bad karma.

On another note, they make a single ear bud that sends both channels into it, making music much more enjoyable, almost like I'm hearing it with both ears.
05-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #26775
Pentaxian

Now if I posted that there would be a dozen Mods on me and a new "Rupert Type" infraction that would expire in late 2017. I know...there aren't a dozen Mods here, but they would install more just to make certain they "got me"!
Oh boy, I just saw that it got removed I was simply thinking of the image when I saw Racer's picture, and it just happens to have that synonym of 'nonsense' in it. It is used so often in everyday language I don't even consider it coarse any more, I think Scotland may have ruined me

Anyway, I meant no harm at all, apologies all around