Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2016, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #26821

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
What the **** ?
Racer has turned into Al Swearengen?

Nah.

I like women too much to be abusive towards them.

Never desired to forge political alliances and influence people in high places for my own gain.

And I don't have a twin brother.

05-26-2016, 09:43 AM   #26822
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I like women too much to be abusive towards them.
Here's what scientists say according to a recent article on Yahoo....

"Take a look at a bunch of women's OkCupid profiles and you'll be hard pressed to find one that says, "I'm looking for a guy who makes me laugh, loves trying new foods, and oh! knows how to spin a mean yarn."

And yet new research suggests that storytelling prowess is a desirable quality in a guy possibly because it signals that they're high-status."

It could be.....I have a millions Rupert-type stories....and a ton of Chocolate Girlfriends that love them.....well, at least a dozen currently.

...and here I am, thinking all this time it was my farm pants, boots, straw hat and stunning good looks! High status......yep, sounds just like old Rupert!
05-26-2016, 10:10 AM   #26823
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The misery....the suffering...the scrambled brain. 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Dell regarding Mrs Rupert's computer...still in warranty. The techs were pleasant, but I could hardly understand their brand of English. 30 + minutes of that time was on hold while they "researched".

Running test after test ..over and over. Funny thing...when they offered an extended warranty...and I bought it (with Mrs Rupert's CC) they were able to get it up and running like new in about 3 minutes.

Got a splitting headache, but Mrs Rupert just came home and her computer is up and running....she is all smiles, and offered to cook dinner.

I could have used some "Racer help" with potty mouthing.....

Some days.....
I had this experience 3 months before my HP warranty ran out. Laptop went haywire after updating and restarting. I managed to remove the updates but of course it updated itself again at some point and it started all over so I called HP. Two days and 7 hours. I am still not sure who's accent was worse mine or their's but we tried and ran tests, scanned the PC..... Rescanned the PC.... Day two..... More of the same at which at hour Three of day two I requested they send me a box and actually REPAIR my PC.... Hmmmm.... 'Ignore... Ignore....' Me: "Sir.... If you do not send me a box... I will send you my original laptop box....it will contain more 'bull poop' like I've been getting over the phone but only the stuff you get will be real....."
05-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #26824
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I had this experience 3 months before my HP warranty ran out. Laptop went haywire after updating and restarting. I managed to remove the updates but of course it updated itself again at some point and it started all over so I called HP. Two days and 7 hours. I am still not sure who's accent was worse mine or their's but we tried and ran tests, scanned the PC..... Rescanned the PC.... Day two..... More of the same at which at hour Three of day two I requested they send me a box and actually REPAIR my PC.... Hmmmm.... 'Ignore... Ignore....' Me: "Sir.... If you do not send me a box... I will send you my original laptop box....it will contain more 'bull poop' like I've been getting over the phone but only the stuff you get will be real....."
I am pretty sure that what happened to Mrs Rupert's computer was programmed at the factory to occur. They seemed very interested in selling me a service policy....and when I bought it those two hours of running scans and doing tests that fixed nothing...suddenly worked!

The policy I bought was reasonable...since it was Mrs Rupert's cash.....and it protects her for the next two years with complete coverage, including in-home repairs. It is just how they went about it....calling your attention to a "difficult" repair and making you think ahead about not having full coverage.

I bet a good computer forensic attorney could formulate a big class action case if I am correct?

I just read where Microsoft is in hot water over dirty tricks to switch people to Windows 10. Clicking to reject was changed to mean you accept...they just forgot to tell anyone about the change.

This world gets harder to navigate every day...some new scam, some new scheme. There are millions of them out there...all looking for you...and me.

Regards!

05-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #26825
Loyal Site Supporter

Anyone handy...I've got 200# of bird and animal feed in my truck that needs to go to my shop. I have those two broken feet, so if you get a chance.....
05-26-2016, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #26826
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Anyone handy...I've got 200# of bird and animal feed in my truck that needs to go to my shop. I have those two broken feet, so if you get a chance.....

That's why they make hand trucks/bag trollies.
(but I might help if I was in Texas!)

05-26-2016, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #26827
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

We'll cheer you on.
05-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #26828
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I'd help if I were in Texas, but I learned my lesson about visiting there before August so as to be certain of not getting snowed on.

05-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #26829
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe Mrs Rupert will have some energy left when she comes in from her Zumba class? It's worth a shot!

No snow likely, I can look out in the 80F atmosphere and the humidity looks like a light fog. It's a real killer out there today. I saw some older people at Aldis gasping for breath in the parking lot. I wasn't that far from it myself.

Dinner.....I made spinach soup from scratch. It is heavenly stuff! Mrs Rupert's favorite. With some Italian garlic ciabatta bread, and a fruit salad along with a couple of avocado halves, it should be delicious.

I'm going to fry up some crisp bacon to top off the rich creamy soup. No Velveeta...but I can add some if anyone desires?
05-26-2016, 05:02 PM   #26830
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of weeks ago I opened another plant and started the process.
I'll post baby pictures tomorrow.
Sorry, I don't have any cigars to hand out.
05-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #26831
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
That's why they make hand trucks/bag trollies.
I appreciate that offer.....and Mrs Rupert (bless her heart!) did use a hand truck!She said she would do it if I ran off the Mama raccoon on the feeder by my shop....so I did, very gently...after I got a shot!
ISO 12,800...works for me!

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
A couple of weeks ago I opened another plant and started the process.
I'll post baby pictures tomorrow.
Sorry, I don't have any cigars to hand out.
This is so exciting! It's almost as good as baby squirrels! Go look up those care lessons Otis gave you last week, and don't make any mistakes!
05-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #26832
Pentaxian

and don't make any mistakes!

Did you get that Mr Mod?

(not that Rupert wouldn't make any mistakes - NB; falling from heights, bad jokes on PF, dropping cameras, ingesting chemicals disguised as cheese, etc, etc.)
05-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #26833
Emperor and Senpai

People who run hocir eat salad, and well....

05-26-2016, 06:58 PM   #26834
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

don't make any mistakes!
I never make misyakes.
05-26-2016, 07:03 PM   #26835
Emperor and Senpai

Senior moments ITT tonight...